Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi there,
We were in Turkey 2 years ago and stayed in Marmaris Palace and had a great time. We are looking top go back this year and have been looking at Club Anastasia as girls are now 15 and 13. Has anyone booked this independently as looking for some tips on how to keep the cost down.
Looking at either the end of June or early October. Does anyone know if the entertainment etc is still on in October and how warm it is t thsi time of year?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to HT!

We stayed at the Club Anastasia just a few weeks after it opened and it was a lovely hotel. If you are thinking of booking DIY, check the accommodation sites such as Travel Republic, Alpharooms, etc as they are normally cheaper than booking direct with the hotel.

luci :wave
I <3 Side. Any Side people out there? Would love to chat :) :wave: xx
Can anyone tell me what the alcohol age limit is in Turkey?

My wife and I are going with our 15 year old daughter and wondered if she'd be ok to have an alcoholic drink with her meal. We'll be dining out most evenings so not likely to be drinking in the hotel too much unless we have a lazy day by the pool.

I don't really condone under-age drinking as a rule but I believe in responsible drinking - I let her have a Babycham or 2 at Christmas and special occasions :)
Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers,

Justin
Sunseeker, as long as she won't be obtaining alcohol through an AI basis and you'll be with her ordering the odd drink, I can't see them batting an eye.
Although Turkey is usually quite relaxed I have actually seen this enforced in a hotel a few years ago.
Sunseeker, Last time my son came to Turkey with us about six years ago when he was 15, he had a few alcoholic drinks in various places when he was out with us, no problem. We stayed in Turunc, but also had a couple of nights out in Icmeler.
OK, thanks for the replies everyone, I suspected it may be 18 like here in the UK. The hotel is not AI but self catering and the only time I suspect she'll want an alcoholic drink is with a meal on an evening. Should be ok as my wife and I will be around all the time (she's blonde and pretty so will be keeping a tight leash on her lol)

Justin. :sun2
Getting sooooo excited now for going to marmaris... 30 days and counting... i can almost taste my first Effes! :cheers
so badly need some sun after all these gloomy wet weeks weve had here! :)
I'm going to Icmeler in July (less than 2 months now :) ) and going with my wife and 15 year old daughter. I went to Akyarlar last year with just my wife and we went on a real good All Inclusive boat trip. We booked through the holiday rep (as we didn't know any better at the time) so feel we may have paid slightly over the odds...

Sorry for waffling, basically I want a similar AI boat trip for the 3 of us in July in Icmeler and was wondering what kind of prices to expect - obviously we won't be buying it through the holiday rep. Can anyone recommend any good places to book as I realise there are so many people trying to sell these trips on the streets as you're walking along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Justin. :sun2
I have heard recently that they have stopped doing all inclusive boat trips in Marmaris and Icmeler. Maybe someone who has been there recently can confirm this.
oh no! was really looking forward to those boat trips... :(
So was I mitchellclr but it hasn't actually been confirmed yet - Kedi was just saying that's what she heard....

And it's only the all-inclusive ones, they won't stop the normal ones - just means you have to pay for food & drink on the boat (I wonder if they let you take your own beer?)
There has been a lot of discussion about this on another forum and from what they are saying there are no more all inclusive boat trips but you can still go on one where you buy your drinks, I'm sure lunch is still included. So all is not lost ;)

I don't think they would let you take you own beer - lol
I don't think they would let you take you own beer - lol

But I have a BIG beach bag that would hold a few bottles of Efes lol, in all seriousness - so long as food is included that'll be fine. Can't wait now, starting to count down the days - 56 sleeps to go :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Ah thats ok then ... as much as i like a drink i wouldnt have alcohol while on one of these trips anyway .. however i hope if its no longer A.I they have lowered the prices! ;)
Ah thats ok then ... as much as i like a drink i wouldnt have alcohol while on one of these trips anyway .. however i hope if its no longer A.I they have lowered the prices!

I'm sure they will have lowered the prices if you're expected to buy your own drinks, alcoholic or not!!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.