Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Parker, scroll down to May 1st, you will find the Discussion on Icmeler Topic, this should help you in your quest.

Les
The Julian Forest Suites are lovely and not actually in the forest but they are the last apartments after Green world where the road ends.
We have walked there from the main part of the resort but not in the heat of summer.
The Dolmus stops outside the door and is quite frequent.
Theres a 24 hour supermarket and Tommys restaurant nearby.
It is lovely in the old village.
Cheers for the detail Jay, My major concern at the moment is WASPS!!!!! I just read a review that said the place was crawling with wasps around the place. Now i could cope with this as they dont bother me in the slightest, more annoying than anything. But my GF her mum & sisters who are coming have a serious phobia about them :(
bezzer11,

You do find some Wasps in the Icmeler area, and quite large ones at that. But to say the place is crawling with them is a little exaggerated. There are some, probably slightly more than you'd find in the UK, but they aren't troublesome. It's just a bit of local wildlife!

Darren
I think the wasps are more of a nuisance in September/October when they are dying so you should be fine in July.
I was stung on the hand on the beach last October.
Dont tell the women that just behind the hotel in the pine forests there are lots of beehives. :yikes
They usually stay up there and I have never heard of anyone being stung by them. :tup
Cheers all,

I've told the GF, but we're not telling the others otherwise i dont think i'll get them on the plane lol.

Plus its her mum whos paid for it all, & i suggested the Julian Forest so i'll be hung up by my b***s :)
wahoooooooooo 2 more sleeps, then marmaris here we come! cant wait!!!
mitchellclr wrote:
wahoooooooooo 2 more sleeps, then marmaris here we come! cant wait!!!

Lucky you - have a fab time :) :cheers :cheers :sun2
Can anyone tell me the price of cigarettes in Turkey (mainly Icmeler/Marmaris area)?

I'll probably buy 200 which will allow 20 per day for the 10 days we are there.

Also, what are the main brands, If I remember correctly the main brand in Crete was Marlboro a few years ago.
SunSeeker2011,

Be very careful purchasing cigarettes in Turkey. Chances are, they'll be fake unless you get them from a reliable and reputable source. If you want a particular brand, you're better purchasing them at the airport.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
SunSeeker2011,

Be very careful purchasing cigarettes in Turkey. Chances are, they'll be fake unless you get them from a reliable and reputable source. If you want a particular brand, you're better purchasing them at the airport.

Darren

OK, so best to buy from airport - which is best, Manchester or Dalaman?
SunSeeker2011,

Dalaman may be a couple of £ cheaper than MAN, but it won't make much difference.

Darren
Hiya,

I have bought my cigs at gatwick / on the plane and at dalaman - think the cheapest was on the plane - they allow you to buy 400 ( i think last year was £44 )

have a great time - only 5 sleeps for me - traveling sunday night to gatwick for early checkin - going to olu
I just posted a new topic by mistake and don't know where it went - oops lol

It was supposed to be a question in here so here goes:

Can anyone tell me what the beaches are like in Icmeler & Marmaris i.e. sandy, gritty, pebbly etc...

It'll be my first time at these resorts so would just like to know?

Cheers,

Justin.
SunSeeker2011,

The beaches are mainly course sand shingle, mainly shingle in Icmeler and Marmaris.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
SunSeeker2011,

The beaches are mainly course sand shingle, mainly shingle in Icmeler and Marmaris.

Darren

So mainly flip-flop footwear or can you walk on bare feet?
SunSeeker2011 wrote:
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
SunSeeker2011,

Darren

So mainly flip-flop footwear or can you walk on bare feet?

I'd take some plastic beach type flip flops as the shingle can become very hot apart from painful :tup
hi im going to aqua fantasy in kusidasi on the 14th july can anyone recommend a good boat trip and if there are many shops and markets near there
thanks
Market on in Kushadasi on a Wednesday for clothes etc you should be able to jump in a Dolmus at your hotel and it will drop you right beside the market. There's lots if boat trips I think they are much of the same it's a few year since I've been on one but we used to just go down to the harbour and book directly rather than pay a premium through an agent.
Lots of shops and bazar in the town it's self it's a great place to wander around on an evening we stay beside the marina and walk along the front to the centre it's usually more of stagger back home though!

I love the place am sure you will have a great time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.