Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Welcome to HT Didim. If you scroll back through the Forum to July 6th, you will find the Altinkum Discussion Topic which you may find interesting reading. :cheers :wave:

Les
Thank you, i would be interested in this discussion do i just stay on this link and go back to the 6th July or is it under another part of the site. xx
Thank you David, this is the link i'm referring to.

Les
Hi, im Chrissie

First went to Turkey, Altinkum early September 2010. We had very bad thunderstorms and flooding for the week but was still warm. The pool was freezing.
Have booked again for mid June 2012 for 2 weeks so im praying ill come back with a tan this time. Already bought all my new clothes ready in the sales these past few weeks :rofl
Hi Chrissie, welcome to HT. I don't think you need worry about getting a tan in June,it's usually very hot that time of year. :wave:
Seems to go very quiet on here during the winter months, I like to reminisce about September, Mmmm, how lovely and hot it was :)
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been to the Golmar Beach Hotel in Icmeler, I'm thinking of going there in August 2012, I know it will be nice weather but what of the hotel. Reviews seem good on TA and on here...

Cheers,

Justin.

P.S. I see the good Lira rates are holding up still... :)
Yes Justin, the lira is holding up nicely, we got 2.77 last week here in Didim, Altinkum. The weather last week was sunny and mostly around 26c but since Friday it has dropped in really cool and is set for 12 - 14c this week.

Les
Further to my post of the 14th, the exchange rate is 2.91 here to-day though we got 2.83 at a local jeweller. He charges 3 kurush per £1 and so was actually 2.86. This is still brilliant for the time of year.

Les
Hi all
My daughter and I are going to alanya next june and wonder if there is any where on the forum I could find any info

thanks theresa
Hi Theresa, if you go to the top of the forum and click on Resort Reports, then click on Turkey and finally click on Alanya. Also at the top of the forum click on the Search box, type in Alanya, click on Topics in the Search within and also click on Topic in the box below that and then click search.

Les
southygirl,

As Cruisecontroller mentions, there's lots of informatioon on the Resort Reports for Alanlya.

Darren
hi everyone
i am going to turkey for 1st time this year, staying at ova resort, hisroni, not sure spelt it right, lol.can anyone tell me what the resort is like please, or any information would be great, thank you
galey,

You may find members Resort Reports for Hisaronu useful, and Hotel Reviews.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.