Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi everyone my name is Julie. We have been going to Marmaris for the last 8 years, normally in June. But for the first time this year we actually flew out xmas eve for a week. What a difference, but a very nice one - weather was brilliant during day nice and sunny, but went cold at night.
Very quiet but we expected that, just nice to walk around with no hassle from anyone, a lovely relaxing week, some shops and restaurants were open, alot busier around the marina and bazaar.
Going in July this year so looking forward to some nice hot weather :D :D
hya,

my names karen, we are off to icmeler in july 08, and again in sept o8.....we are staying at the palm gardens so may see you there annie!!!

only my youngest is coming with us in july, she will be 12.....we arrive on the 24.....
hi everyone
i wonder if anyone can help me.
my friends dale and maureen left my home town blackpool 2 years ago.
they have now settled in the town of icmeler in turkey.
i know they bought a bar come club last year but dont know the name of it.
we are going over to visit icmeler later this year and would love to suprise them both.
there names are dale and maureen ferguson. :tup

many thanks
redian2
Morning all!!

We discovered turkey last sept went to Marmaris (all inclusive what a waste of time) went with another couple, we fell out mid week !! Then we discovered how lovely the people were, everyone so friendly, spoke to all nationalities, went to the beach every day and was waited on hand and foot we couldnt ask for more. The entertainment in restaurants was fantastic as was the food can recommend No Name Bar - good fun.

Have booked to go back in Sept for 2 weeks to Gold Stone Hotel as although 2* has excellent reviews
and we have started counting down already, we didnt get to explore anywhere last time so any advice on which boat trip to take or where to go would be great.

PS if anyone knows Colin & Maria from Hull let me know!!!

:wave:
Bye for now
HI all. My niece has just booked for Gumbet 1st-8th June. I'm presuming that the daytimetemps will be plenty hot enough at that time of year but what about the evenings. Would it be too early in the season (generally speaking)to go walking in a strappy top or dress. What are your experiences of the Turkish weather in early June? Thanks
Hi i'm Laura & I came back from Turkey (Side) jan 15th n am soooooooooo missing it and my friends I went for 1 week and didnt wanna come home. I usually go for 2 weeks in summer aswell but i went in jan to get over a breakup

:cry

haha had best time though and cant wait to do again in august with my bro and mates

:rofl

I want to be a rep, any advice? x
Hi Im Chris,Turkey never appealed to me,until about 5 years ago,everybody I talked to raved on about it,so I thought we should give it a try,we have been to Tunisia about 5 times and enjoyed it,so thought another muslim country,not a lot of entertainment,can be dirty,how totally wrong I was.So different!!.I have met some of the most kind and sincere people ever here.The food is the best I have ever had abroad,and in the restaurants they cant do enough for you,the trips are the best value anywhere.Our first year we went to Club Likya Apts with Thomsons and absolutley loved it there,we talked to some people one day around the pool and they said they had booked it direct with the owner.Months later I decided I wanted to go back the following year,but I was just learning how to use a computer!!,never done a DIY holiday or considered it,so I gave it a go,booked a flight,and phoned the owner of the apartment,then booked a transfer,thought this sounds too good to be true,believe me when I say this has to go wrong!!,It was great no problems at all,the owner of the apts just said pay me when you arrive,no deposit !!.Every year since we still go to the same Apts and still love it there,and this year we got the cheapest flights ever with Onurair,every year our holiday gets cheaper,cant wait to visit our dear friends in Marmaris again.Its a beautiful country.
Also I have to add.One year we went in June and visited one restaurant more frequently,we went back again the same year in September and when we ordered our meal,you know how they bring out the Turkish bread and garlic butter,he whipped the garlic butter away and said you only like the English butter!! I was flabergasted to think he remembered that after all the people that had been there in July and August,so when people say remember me to such and such,believe me most of them will remember who you are talking about.
Hi I'm Andrea, new to this site, but a regular on Icmeler online.

Been going to Icmeler for 6 years and absolutely love it. Hubby used to say we ought to go somewhere else, but I can
be very persuasive ;) ...We do go to other places earlier in the year, but always make the annual pilgrimage to Icmeler.
We've made some very good friends over the years.

Look forward to meeting some of you on the forum. :sun2

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care :rofl
Message for frenchie 123

Just saw your post about Kontes Beach hotel - we stayed there last year and have booked again for Sept 2008. You can book it
direct through MedHotels.com - Great hotel, nothing flash, but very comfortable and decent bathroom. Wonderful views.

Hope this helps :cheers
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care :rofl
Hello my name is Sally, I have been to Turkey just the once and stayed in the Diplomat Hotel in Turunc, I would like to go back but cannot find a UK tour operator who could offer a package holiday to this hotel and resort. Could anybody help pls. Also has anybody recently been to the Diplomat Hotel Turunc in 2007, and how did they find it? :cheers
Crispy
Post subject: Re: Turkey chat and holiday discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 am

Also I have to add.One year we went in June and visited one restaurant more frequently,we went back again the same year in September and when we ordered our meal,you know how they bring out the Turkish bread and garlic butter,he whipped the garlic butter away and said you only like the English butter!! I was flabergasted to think he remembered that after all the people that had been there in July and August,so when people say remember me to such and such,believe me most of them will remember who you are talking about.

Yes we went back to the same restaurant and the guy who runs it b4 we ordered said u want ali baba pizza and he wants whatever pizza and sometimes u have carbonara we were amazed they could remember.

:yikes
Heading to Icemeler in June for the 1st time though have been to Turkey on 3 previous occasions and loved it. Cant wait !! :D :rofl
I'm Sand and I can't believe I missed this thread either!

I too love Turkey, especially the people and food and the whole atmosphere.

I like to try different places though I really understand why people go back to the same place year after year. I've found every resort I've been to has been totally different to the rest and yet always great in its own special way.

My first trip was 1988 to Kusadasi. I then didn't go again until 1995 which was Marmaris. Both great partying holidays which is what l liked at the time. Been since to Bodrum, Kalkan, Hisaronu/Ovacik and Dalyan. Of them all actually didn't like Hisaronu much and wouldn't stay there again but close enough to Olu Deniz to go there instead. I have also done 4 week long gulet trips and I absolutely adore them and have one booked for this year too.

I have even cancelled a holiday in the Caribbean cos I want to go to Turkey again this year. How sad is that? My heart just wasn't in it. This time possibly Olu Deniz.
Hi, I have just found this forum so thought I would say hello. I love Turkey, I lived there for a few years near Bodrum but now live back in the UK. My husband is Turkish so we still go back a lot.

Look forward to chatting to everyone on here :wave:
Hi Kedi and welcome :wave: I am sure you will be a valuable asset to this forum! We are going to Turkey for the very first time in May (Olu Deniz) and can't wait.

Could you give us the basics of how to say a few Turkish words/phrases eg: thank you, hello, please etc in Turkish?

I have never come across (so far) any basic Turkish words on this forum (though I suppose there will be some somewhere!!) Thanks :cheers
For basic Turkish, you can also try http://www.byki.com/ which has been tried by several members here. It has 64 languages if you are feeling energetic and sound is included, which makes pronunciation a lot easier. It is free to download and has several lists in each language to cover different things, including basic greetings and ordering food and drink.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.