Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi ya Lorraine

If we have'nt seen each other during the day (weds) then we could arrange to meet at the main bar (probably near the entertainment i would have thought) that evnening. My hubby is a little bit smaller than yours!!! only 5ft 6 his name is Derrie and he has tribal tattoos on his chest and i hate to say it he will be very tanned by then!!! i'm 5ft 4 and wont be as tanned!!! with longish dark brown hair, then there'll be our daughter who's 11 but looks older and our two little boys 3 and 4 the yougest one is very cheeky!! Our daughter i'm sure will hunt you down as she is really looking forward to meeting your son!!
Can't beleive this time next week we will be there well i will and you'll be at the airport. I've been having a bit of a panic you know the usal stuff have we all got enough clothes have we got enough euro's etc i'm sure we have.
42 in Greece today can't wait bring it on!!! Hope little ones will cope in the heat i'm sure we will get a nice sea breeze.
Oh my god i am sooo excited only 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!

speak tomorrow x
why don't one of you print an A4 sign " HOLIDAY-TRUTH.COM" and display it boldly on your table??

wizard
Hi Clare,

Ok well you certainly wont miss us cos not only is hubby (who really isnt hubby but partner) 6ft 3 but he has a bald head, earings and a massive tatoo on his back with 3 ladies and sort of a graveyard scene! Now I wonder why I was going to keep that to myself lol but as you will realise when you meet him hes the quiet shy retiring type and im the loud one lol

I think we will definitely see each other Wednesday in the day as you will now be spying on all the new arrivals for a family of 5 with a very tall person as described above lol

I started panicking about clothes etc and ended up buying more shorts for little one!

I am so busy at work at the moment and with the school that lucky I am not going till Tuesday as I would not be packed lol

Only 7 sleeps for me!

Oh and Moderator I like your idea too!

Speak to you tomorrow Clare

Love Lorraine xx

Oh by the way im only 5ft 4 too lol
Hi Lorraine

Got my mum round to pick up our cat so will have to be quick, got a feeling we will definatly meet up as i shoudn't think many 6ft 3 men will have that sort of tattoo!!! Busy cleaning house now and making sure all bedding is washed and mowing lawns so looking forward to doing some serious relaxing.Will probably have our last post tomorrow, can't beleive we will actaly meet each other can't wait as like you and your hubby i'm the loud one and his the more reserved,got a feeling we will get on well!!
speak tomorrow love clare x
Hi Clare,

Youve just reminded me ive still got to sort the cat out too lol must ask my very nice neighbour!

I was quiet about Si's tattoo as now everytime someone takes their shirt off on Wednesday you are going to be staring at their backs lol

We will definitely meet and of course we will get on we have too much in common not to!

Well it will be your last post tomorrow so I will quickly answer tomorrow but should you miss me I will say now have a safe journey and I hope the little ones are good on the plane, they should sleep on the coach (hopefully) and see you Wednesday for a big sesh (although I might have to save that for Thursday lol as could be too tired Wednesday lol)

Have a lovely few days before we get there, learn the ropes so to speak and then you can show us all round lol

Take care

Lorraine xx
After all this you'll have to let us all know how you got on!!!!!! We all wish we were going to be there with you as well. Have fantastic hols both of you!
Kath
Hi Lorraine,

Well this it i'm off on holiday tomorrow! Really nervous about the flight but just have to think how great it will be when we're there!
Your right i will be staring at all the blokes when they take their tops off, i hope i don't get a slap off someones wife thinking i'm eyeing up their husband!!!!
Down to rain while we're away so thats good don't want it suddenly being hot and sunny as soon as i'm on holiday!!!So thats it my final post, see you in Crete hope you have a good flight and look forward to meeting you si and kids on wednesday.
Love Clare x
Hi guys

I recently saw the new Kelly Brook film Fishtales- (good for kids this summer) but what caught my eye was the idylic island of Spetses where it was filmed!! This place looks amazing, simply gorgeous and after seeing the film I booked a holiday for the four of us to go this summer. Has anyone been? We've always enjoyed holidays on different Greek islands so we're certain we'll enjoy ourselves but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
please can anyone give me some advise. My parents are flying to greece sunday morning. they are staying in stoupa. does anyone know if these fires are any where near there.
Ionabingo

looked on several message board cant find anything about fires in the southern peleopnese have found a news item in testerdays australian press

wizard
Hi Ionabingo

We too are travelling on the same flight as your parents tomorrow morning. I have checked with Kosmar who say the flight is still on and they have no reports about cancelling any holidays as yet.

Hope this helps
If you check the BBC News site it appears to be the south west coast of the Peloponese and the area of the Mani peninsula around Areopolis. NO mention of the Kalamata or Stoupa area. However the situation in the worst affected areas is dreadful, several people have been overtaken by the flames and lost their lives, let alone however many that have lost their homes and livelihoods. There is also a bad fire on Evia at present.

We're off to Crete on 7 September - we normally get some rain whenever we go to Greece - this time I won't begrudge it.
thanks for the replies my parents called the travel agency they booked with and they say that everything is fine as well. feel better about them going now i always worry too much.

anyway thanks for taking time to help me happy holidays for all those going soon
Hi first time on this site, please could someone advise me of which greek island is good for children @ the age of 4yrs this will be our first holiday as a family a good friend recommened Zantie but dont want to bullied by the travel agent when i go to book. :? :hmmm
Hi Danny, You are spoilt for choice really because the Greek people LOVE children, especially if they are fair haired. We took our kids to Crete, Cyprus and Corfu. You've also got Kos, Rhodes and yes, Zante is lovely so don't feel bullied to go, you will love it. From Zante you can go across to Olympia on the mainland for the day. Good luck in your quest.

Les
Greece is without a doubt the best place to holiday in europe, Its rich culture and history make it such a wonderful country to explore, since my first vist to greece 4 years ago i have since become a student in its language and have made many friends in both greece and cyrpus here on the internet, I am also following greek football in the way of panathinaikos f.c. At this moment in time i couldnt dream of holidaying aywhere else.
hi everyone

new on here, went to zante last year and going again in 5 1/2 weeks :cheers love it, hubby wants to move to greece and that was after our first visit to corfu 3 years ago, we both love everything about greece :tup
:welcome to the Greek forums of HT

I'm afraid you will have to join the que.. iv been trying to persuade the oh to move for over 5 yrs..

have you started learning the lingo??

yasus

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.