Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
thank you vee dee, at least someone understands talent when they see it.
The fans flew back to Manchester after enjoying a great day out in Rome. The comaraderie between both teams around Rome was a great build up to the match and the final itself was worthy of 2 great teams. I find it is only people who haven't had the experience of travelling abroad to support their teams don't understand that it is the whole event that they go to. Yes it is nice if your team wins but in 'cup finals' it is obvious that the 2 teams have won their place and as long as the match is played fairly and is entertaining they accept that only 1 team can win.
I remember the 1969 F A Cup final when my team let Sliema's team win 1-0 and I don't remember Matt Gilless ( our then manager) face looking like that Fergie's, in fact every body had a great day out with lots of Double Diamond being drunk :cheers
Dave.
I remember the 1969 F A Cup final when my team let Sliema's team win 1-0
I refute this vile alligation, I want it on record that Sliema2 never has and never will be a Man City supporter in any possible form of the word, however Dave you may be interested to know that Neil Young (the city scorer that day not the long haired hippy canadian singest) was a milkman and may even still be after he left Maine Road in and around the town of my birth, St Ockport-on-Mersey, a sleepy Cheshire hamlet in the foothills of the Pennines nestled tranquilly on the banks of a babbling stream that eventually makes it's gentle way to the Irish Sea, another sporty thing you might be interested in hearing about Dave was the time I tripped over Alex "Hurricane" Higgins in Yesterdays in Aldereley Edge, he was lying on the floor at the time taking a nap I think, then there was the time that the great Engalnd And Lancashire cricket Captain Mike Atherton accidentally (I hope) widdled on my foot in a well known boozer in Didsbury great pate and cheese lunches in the Roayl Oak and jolly good Marstons bitter, and before you ask yes it was in the gents not the snug, however balance wa restored when I did the same to Curly Watts in the Nelson by accident of course, I have many more stories to tell such as the time that Don Brennan of Corrie threatened to stick one on me for taking the mickey out of his limp that was funny, also that night out with Lisa Stansfield but cannot say to much about that apart from what a lovely lass she is, anyone else got any funny stories regarding well known peeps ?

ps Charlie
the final itself was worthy of 2 great teams.
I agree with you Missus :yikes just a shame that there was only one of them there :rofl Barcelona ! Barcelona ! Olé Olé Olé !
  • Edited by Sliema2 2009-06-01 13:16:47
I can only guess at how much it must hurt and taste foul to all those who's hatred of a certain successful football team must suffer at the end of every season! :cry
I too have lived in Alderley Edge, Cheadle and Bramhall so know how tough it is to see all the Manchester city supporters suffer year in, year out. Sometimes it is hard to be a red. :rofl Never been to St Ockport on Mersey but it sounds nice.
O well its a hard life 22 men booting a bag of air about. I was mowing the grass the other day and looked up into the sky as another plane went over on its way to East Midlands Airport, as the sun shone down I thought well I bet they have all just had a great holiday and its back to work for them.
Well looking up at the sky I thought why is the sky more blue in the Med than it is hear, our sky is like ice blue and in the Med it is more deep blue. Would that be the same as our seaside if you go to dear old Skeggy or Blackpool for those up north, our sea is like the canal, but the Med is as blue as blue.

Dave :think
Quite right, thanks mark, :wave: T.R.H. On the bright side, you only have to look down to see where the grass is greener. :cheers
There may be blue skies but no green grass where you're going for the weekend Dave, have a good time and don't drink too much (as if you would). Thanks for calling to see us today, really made our day.

Jean
Well its Party in Park time again you may remember I went there Last year to see Katherine Jenkins, well next week I am of to it again and this year its Ray Davies from the Kinks and I can't wait. In 1965 I went to the Demontfort Hall in Leicester to see the Kinks and they never turned up, I have been a fan since 1964 so it has been a long time comming.
So its of to London next week just hope the weather stays nice and warm, and as there is not much going on on the Malta site I may as well tell you all that the week after that me and Mrs Holidaymaker are of on our two week summer holiday again it is Portugal this will be three years on the trot. We will be having lots of fresh fish for dinner, lots of local beer (Super Bok and Sagres) and plenty of local Vinho Tinto.
We are stopping in a new resort for us Tavira on the eastern side of Faro although we have been there on day trips and plan trips to Spain as well as other parts of the Algarve.

He He,
Dave.
may as well tell you all that the week after that me and Mrs Holidaymaker are of on our two week summer holiday again

What a busy life you lead. No sooner than you're back off one jaunt you're off on another :que :D
You're right Helen but I know how they both enjoy their holidays as Dave sends me lovely photos after each holiday.
I just have to let you all know that me and Mrs holidaymaker had a great time at the Party in the Park this year Ray Davies was as good as he has all ways been, he put on a super show with some old songs and then he did 15 of his songs with the Crouch End Choir. If you like the Kinks his new C D, The Kinks Choral Collection is one to look out for its great.

Dave.
As it's very quiet on here as per normal, I thought you would all like to know that Mrs Sliema2 and I are off to Mons in Belgium for 5 days of beer drinking, baguette munching, and cheese chomping, we are also having a couple of days out, one in La Louviere, a beer crawl around Charleroi, and we might even cross the border par le trans in to France for a plate of steak and frites and lashings of vin rouge, calvados and cognac, aux revoir mes amis a bientot.
Let us know how much the beer costs over there Sliema2. I'm guessing around 5 Euros a pint erm....large beer (500ml)

baguette munching, and cheese chomping

Manchester has a similar fest' centered around Canal St. ;)
Hello, did I tell you all that we had a great time in Tavira, Portugal it is a real Portuguese town unlike some of the others we have been to so if any of you ever fancy a trip to see the real Portugal this would make a great place to think about.
Also now that our two week holiday is long gone, I have to tell you that we are of to Seville in October for four days of fun tapas beer and wine with more sites to look at than you can throw a brick at.
Dave.
It's alright for some Dave I hope you will be taking lots of pictures of Seville for me to see. The photos of Tavira were fantastic. Hope you both have a good holiday.
Manchester has a similar fest' centered around Canal St.

And now I feel most bilious :yuck

Ps M&N, will update you on Wallonian beer prices quite soon, I think I might still be a tad tiddly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.