Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
:cry Sorry to hear that S2 i can,t advise anything on your unfortunate injury but i do hope you have as speedy a recovery as is possible. best regards, Dave.
I to am sorry to hear this sad news, but one way to build up your knee after your surgery would be to walk up and down from fort St Elmo to City Gate as many times as you can.
The Knee is as every body knows is a hinge between the Femur and the Tibia, sudden twisting can cause a Ligament sprain or tear a Meniscus. Should a Meniscus get torn then a fragment of Cartilage catches between the surface of the joint and may lead to a temporary locking of the Knee.
Sports injurys may cause a heamarthrosis, but I think we can rule this out :rofl minor injuries may lead to synovitis (inflammation of the Knee)
I have been told that a lot of over weight people suffer with Knee problems, but running can also may cause inflammation of the tendon below the Knee, Bursitis again inflammation of the Bursa can be set of by local pressure on the front of the Knee.
So what of recovery time for a full Knee replacement is 5 days with a cast and two to three weeks before you can put full weight on it. I would say you that walking in the contry side would be out, but going to the pub is in for a big strong lad like you. :think

Hope this is a help,
Dave.
Hi, my brother in law went diving in Egypt just a week after keyhole surgery for 'floating bits' in his knee. He was walking the next day, it was sore but bearable. I suppose it depends on the problem. By the way I hAD 'key hole' surgery to remove my gall bladder, it looks more like a 'cat flap'!!!!
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply and being so blinking understanding Kemo Sabe :tup , missing out on our Malta hols has been very sad and traumatic, I liken it to sitting down to a nice pub lunch with a foaming glass of real stout only to find that Shami Chakrabarti has done a wee on the steak and mushroom pies in the kitchens and Harriet Harman has licked all the oxo cubes prior to the gravy being made, I wouldn't put it past these two ghastly individuals to be so spitefull either.
If I'm Kemo Sabe does that make you tonto :que any way how is the knee? and just in case you have all forgot me and the fair Mrs Holidaymaker only have two weeks till we go to Seville, and we are meeting northhantsj for coffee Saturday in a small town near were we live, so there.
Dave.
Bet you're looking forward now Dave. Say hi to Northants J from us lot down here please. :)
You're up early Helen. I'm looking forward to seeing Dave and Sue again and I'm sure he'll send me some good pictures of his holiday in Seville. He showed me where he was going on my computer when he called to see us and I'm sure they'll have a lovely break.
any way how is the knee?

It's very stiff and sometimes throbs when I wake up in the mornings, however I waggle it to and fro and give it a damn good rub before I get up and that eases the stiffness quite a bit, however it's slightly swollen, bright pink in colour, and it sticks out slightly to one side, but apart from that I'm in mint condition so ta for asking Dave.

However the good news is that Mrs Sliema2 and I have just spent 7 more glorious days in one of our second homes which is brave little Belgium (Germany is the other), we flew Ryanair from Manchester to Charleroi again and this time instead of staying in Mons we stayed in the fantastic ancient city of Tournai http://www.tournai.be/en/officiel/ & http://images.google.com.mt/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=tournai&gbv=2

We also visited the quaint little town of Peruwelz which is fabulous with a huge market and also crossed the border to France and had a fabaroony day out in Lille, so all in all another great holiday in brilliant Belgium, however please note that one needs a decent level of French down there and fortunately for us my French is pretty damn impressive so full marks to me, our next holiday is Malta coming up in November so as always we are looking forward to going home again.
HI mods, can we have the Park Lane Aparthotel, Buggiba added to the review page please
Hi Sliema, when are you going in November. I am going then for a 'girly week'. We usually do city breaks but fancy a longer, more chilled out break this time. I will be the designated driver and my sister has offered to navigate!!! I haven't told her but I am going to see how long it takes before she realises the map i give her is of Guernsey!!!! I predict 3 days :D
Hi Charlie, mid November as normal for about 12 days I think god willing of course after recent mishaps, any particular reason why you are asking ?.
Hi Sliema, we are there 14th to 20th, just to warn you that there will be 3 women all on thier own , let loose in Malta. Also stay clear of the roads as I will be driving!!!! :really
Hello Hello Hello, could there be a meeting in the offering going on here?
Hi Sliema2, we are there 14th to 20th

How do Mrs, in which case our paths may unintentually cross :think , but hopefully not our roads :yikes

NB, Me and Mrs Sliema2 were up Staly-Vegas Saturday lunchtime, there was ale, meat pies, and black eyed trumping peas a plenty.
  • Edited by Sliema2 2009-10-13 08:25:20
Wouldn't come near you then Sliema I'm surprised Dave didn't reply to that one but maybe he's too busy packing for his trip to Seville tomorrow.
Well you all know that we are having a 'girly' week in Malta in November and i am now going to own up to something that I haven't told anyone at home...................................... When we are in malta we have got tickets to see Tom Jones!!!! Go on then, lets have all the comments. I bet no-one owns up to being a fan (just like me) but knows all the words to his songs. On the 15th watch out for low flying parachutes ... I will be throwing my knickers on stage :rofl
I love him. Wish I was going with you!

Enjoy!!!

kath x
Anyone who knocks his show obviously hasn't seen it.

I'm not a fan in the least, but we have seen him 3 times in Vegas and he puts on an excellent show. Definitely worth seeing. The band and backing singers are also excellent.

luci :wave
On the 15th watch out for low flying parachutes ... I will be throwing my knickers on stage
:yuck

:think I think it best to tell NASA, NATO, European Security Defence Force, Air Traffic Control at Luqa :fly , and Jodrell Bank, we don't want another "War of the Worlds" or "Roswell Incident" now do we ? :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.