Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello Jean, I am a bit like Sliema2 I only look at beer never drink it, it makes me fall over :cheers

Dave.
Yes I quite like beer, as does my old mate BMH Trevor, we had a few snifters in Sliema last year and very jolly it was too my how time flies, we would like to meet up with Trev and his family again some day, they are good company and a jolly nice bunch of chaps to boot.
The one thing I can never work out is the price of bottled water at the airports, your local supermarket sells it for about 50p for a 500ml, but at the airport it is more like £1.00 for a 500ml. If you drink bottled water and you do see a lot of people who do in most cases you are being charged double for it, with the new laws about taking your own water into a airport they have a manopoly and feel they can charge what they like and get away with it, surely this would be a good case for the Manopolys Board to take a look at.

Dave.
I agree with you Dave the price of water in the airports (both in England and abroad) are so high. My husband drinks a lot of water so we have to buy it at the airport and take it on the plane. We bought a bottle on the plane when we came from Benidorm at Easter and they're expensive on there too and we always seem to get thirsty on the way home. They definitely shouldn't charge so much for water at the airports.
I'm not usually the sort of chap to gloat or be smug at other peoples misfortune :rofl , however, I just wanted to say "Barcelona ! Barcelona ! Olé Olé Olé ! Barcelona ! Barcelona ! Olé Olé Olé !" lol lol lol lol :rofl
Hello, I have to agree with you on this, I just love to see that Fergies face when they lose, it looks like he has a few Wasps in his mouth :rofl instead of his normal chewie :rofl Ole Ole Ole OOOllle
Aye up Dave, yes I agree about old blue nose ferguson, but it was also good to see that cheating little sleeze ball ronaldo trooping off beaten, and also the fat ugly scumbag shrek rooney lol lol lol lol :rofl :rofl
Excuse me !!!!!!! thats a bit rude isn't it?
Anyway hubby returned from Rome safe and sound. He says whatever the result they had a great time despite a 26 hour day to do it.
By the way you 2 what teams do you support? could it be a bit of jealousy as your teams never get to Europe? :rofl
Excuse me !!!!!!! thats a bit rude isn't it?
yep certainly is rude and pretty accurate too, I enjoyed every second of it and would say it every day if I needed to, my team is Melchester Rovers FC and Fulchester United FC, between them they have won every conceivable trophy even Crufts, the Boat Race, numerous Michelin Stars, and the Grand National.
As a neutral, I thought that Barcelona thoroughly deserved to win. Man UTD were left looking quite "ordinary" which they aren't. By the way why is a footie game being discussed on a holiday forum :que
By the way why is a footie game being discussed on a holiday forum
Hi Helen, maybe because we are in Holiday Chat and Non-Holiday related Discussion ever heard the slogan "should of gone to specsavers" ? :rofl 8-)
Ignore him Helen, one day he will fall off the page laughing :rofl
As a Man U fan, (closley followed by Barca) I enjoyed the game and Barcelona deserved to win. Although it didn't show it on TV, at the end of the game the Man U fans stood and clapped the BArca team.
As it is a Malta forum, did you know that Malta has one of the oldest supporters clubs in the world for Man U?
Sliema - point noted :D charliegirl - nice to see the opposite side clapping in footie. We always see it in rugby bet very rare in football - a nice gesture!
My granddaughter had her Spanish flag up last night so cheered when Barca won. I enjoyed seeing Ferguson and Ronaldo's faces after the match Ferguson was bragging they were going to win everything at least that's one they didn't win!
Hi Helen and Charlie, I must admit that I cried at the end of the game :cry , and I was still crying with laughter for at least an hour after the game finished :rofl
Ps, Nice one Jean :tup I like your style ;)
Hi Sliema

and I was still crying with laughter for at least an hour after the game finished

I know what you mean, I was the same last Saturday when my team won ;)
:tup , Better to have played and lost than never played at all. :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.