Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
We are both so well known in Malta that we actually met up in Mallorca. I don't know what Mrs Holidaymaker and Mr Charlie will say about all this but I think that they were at the foam party at the time :pele
I would just like to say even I didn't know that Mrs Holidaymaker and Mr Charlie went to the foam party :shock: I used to wonder were she went at night after the pubs shut.
Any way I am sure you will all like to know that this weekend me and Mrs holidaymaker will be in Rome for a romantic 35th wedding anniversary so keep a look out on the Rome web cams as you may see a pair of love birds floating about :wink:

Dave
keep a look out on the Rome web cams as you may see a pair of love birds floating about

Why Dave ? Is Charliegirl going to be there aswell ? :lol:
Hello all, well its very nearly that time again, as you all know I like to keep you all informed about our travels. We had a great time in Rome the weather was good only had rain one night and as we were in a restaurant at the time we never got wet. Must have been very lucky with the food never had a bad meal at night, got to see most of the main site around Rome, even a church with the same sort of trompe l'oeil dome as the one in Victoria Gozo.
If anbody wants to know of a good Hotel and other details about Rome just let me know and I will let you know were we stayed and how we got there.
As you go round Rome you can see were Gerolamo Cassar got his idea's from when he built Valletta and in the later built Floriana, When you go in the church's in Rome you could just as well be in a church in Malta.
Anyway me and Mrs Holidaymaker will soon be of again this time to Tenerife for the New Year hopefully for a week in the sun, you may also like to know that we have just booked our next years summer holiday, again we are going to Portugal this time we are going to Lagos in the west of the Algarve, so unless we go in October, Malta will have to wait another year :shock:

Dave :sun
As you go round Rome you can see were Gerolamo Cassar got his idea's from when he built Valletta and in the later built Floriana

Hi Dave that's a miricale, as Cassar died in 1586 and the suburb that we now know of as Floriana was planned and built under the instructions of Grand Master de Vilhena not long after he assumed that position in 1722, however the fortifications that we know of as the Floriana Lines were started before then under the Grand Master de Paule in 1636, he commisioned the renowned Italian military engineer Pietro Paolo Floriani to carry out the work which was finally finished in the 1640's by his replacement Vincenzo de Firenzuola due to the unfortunate demise of Floriani of ill health back in Italy in 1636.

Regards
Sliema2
Hello Sliema2, forgive me for not putting a commer after Valletta, on the post above, but it was just a general observation about how close the buildings were in these two great citys, as didn't want to bore people with to much detail.

Dave
Hi Dave, even though we have never met I am pretty certain that you could never ever be described as boring mate, over the years you have posted some fascinating detailed pieces about various aspects of Maltese history, this is what makes people such as you a real asset to these forums and as I have said previously it's such a shame that you and Mrs RH have currently gone off the islands as you have so much to offer as potential "positive" visitors.

Best Regards
Sliema2
Hello all, well just got back from our new year Holiday alass it was not in Malta but Tenerife, but we did have a good time all the same.
the weather was very good and we have both got a good tan. There is not as much to do in Tenerife as there is in Malta, it was just good to have a rest after a hard year of traverling.
The one thing I would like to bring up here is, although it could well be in any resort over the world, our last two holidays have been in Spanish three star hotels. October we were in Mallorca and just got back from Tenerife, the first thing we noticed was the food just how can it be so different in quality, the food in the Mallorca hotel was nice and you could look forward to going down to eat at night, yet the food in Tenerife was terrible yet you pay the same money or there abouts.
We have had this in Malta as well on our visits, I would like to see more grading of hotels like they used to do in Malta a few years a go when a three or Four star hotel then had a Bronze/Silver or Gold as you cannot go on the food ratings they have in the tour firms brochures.
I would like to finish bye saying on our main holidays we like to go bed and breakfast as we like to eat out at night but most Spanish hotels seem to do Halfboard for some reason.
Dave
Hi there, last day at work before we go Malta on Sunday. We hope to meet up with Lorna at the cactus bar the saturday before we come home. Hope the weather is fine and sunny for us. Any last minute 'must see's' for someone that has done an awful lot in Malta and Gozo??? There is a festa on while we are there so we will probably go to that, anything else of interest happing next week?
Hello charliegirl007, I have just seen this, you would have liked it but you will miss it :cry but if anybody is going on Friday/Saturday and is going over to Gozo. There is a fun weekend at the Citadella 23rd and 24th of Feb with re-enactments, a wine festival, and food and things to do for (kids :yikes .)
Have you ever been to see the Bahar ic Caghag Sound Mirror? this is worth looking out for. if you would like more info please get intouch.

Dave :sun2
P S you will also miss the Malta (B M W) Marathon and Half Marathon on the same dates :duh
Have you ever been to see the Bahar ic Caghag Sound Mirror ?

Hi Dave you have just jolted my memory mate, yes when we walked from Ghargur the other week we walked very close by it and it reminded me that it may be the only one outside the south coast of the uk, and then only one of a very small few in the world.

Regards
Sliema2
Has anybody got a review for the Clejos Court apartments in Bugibba?
  • Edited by LindaG 2008-02-28 20:15:52
Hello all, I see that H M S Illustrious will be in the Grand Harbour this week for for four days, that should give charliegirl007 something to look at.

Dave
should get a good view here. http://www.visitmalta.com/webcam
Due in 9am UK time (26th)
See you there Dave
Hello fallan, nice webcam didn't know about this one :tup

Dave
should get the seaplane perfectly as it takes off/lands !
Pretty good eh dave?. I am in contact with the people concerned trying to get the 'extra' view of the liner berth included and a more even time period for each view. HMS Illustrious arrived this morning....late....and is on the 'liner' berth. When the camera changes from the catamaran view to Upper Barraka view you can see it for about 2 seconds.
What ever happens it is as you say....nice...

Allan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.