Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
It actually feels like a kind of torture, I was sitting there listening to Ghana by Frans Baldacchino (Il-Budaj) and watching the light reflect off the water at Grand Harbour and the wonderfull view beyond of Malta and Il-Belt by night when I felt a huge almost overwhelming longing to be "home" again which isn't an unknown feeling to me where dear Malta is concerned, it feels like a horrid kind of homesickness for a country that I love dearly and truly but wasn't actually born in, does anyone else ever feel like this about Malta and Ghawdex or am I on my own with this ?, I bet my mate Trev does.

Regards :(
Sliema2
  • Edited by Sliema2 2008-02-29 08:52:49
Hello all, well torture it may be for some but not for me, although I have to admitt we have been looking at Malta for our October break. Well as you know I like to let you all know were Mr holidaymaker and I are of to this comming holiday season, so far we have booked 3 holidays. Two proper ones and one weekend break, our weekender is to Madrid in Spain in April so not long to go.
Our main summer holiday this year is again Portugal and yes its the Algarve but instead of Albufeira we are going to Lagos a bit further to the west. The third one is our New years holiday this new year we will be in Cyprus, hopping to pull a lot of history in with this holiday as we will are staying in Limasol about in the middle of the island.
Just hope we can find a nice place to stay in Malta with a good price as well as it looks to me as it is getting a bit dear for a weeks holiday around the time we would like to go.

Dave.

P S; Was there a meeting with charliegirl007 and Lorna? not noticed anything about it.
Hi Dave, you and Mrs Realholidaymaker are a man after my own heart (and woman of course) we also have hols booked, we were in Malta last month, and we will be in Germany next month, Malta in June, Belgium in July, and Malta in September and November and I haven't discounted squeezing another wickle break in somewhere between all of them, us hard done to chaps need something nice to look forward to don't we Dave ?.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi there, we didn't get to meet Lorna as we went out for a 'short trip' with Tony and it lastest well into the evening!!
As we are all telling about our hols here are mine
We have just got back from Malta
May in Mallorca with grandkids
August doing a Baltic cruise, not booked yet but on the cards
October, probably Malta again. There are so many places We would like to g but the minute I get back from Malta I just want to return there :que
Have got a weekend planned with the 'girls' soon, maybe Barcelona
Have been invited to stay 'free' with friends in Malta in July but I think it will be too hot then so I am not too sure about that
Hello charliegirl007, well if you are going to Malta in October you never know we may be there at the same time and have another meeting. Whats all this about a weekend with the girls in Barcelona ;) and leaving Mr charlie on his own :(

Dave
breaking news in the times of malta an explosion thought to have been caused by fireworks has claimed two lives and reduced some flats to rubble in naxxar our thoughts are with the family at this sad time :sad lorna
Have you all checked out the new views on the webcam?? http://www.visitmalta.com/webcam
I have been in communication for several days with Mr Michael Piscopo who is Director - Visitmalta
Information Management Unit. Malta Tourism Authority, who are responsible for the camera, asking for ONE missing view of the Waterfront to be included and the timings evening out. What have we now??? EIGHT views and better timing.
Job well done MTA :bow

Allan
anyone seen via the webcam the seaplane land yet ?
Good afternoon Mark
How are you??
I have seen it twice, once gathering speed and once just lifting off as the camera view changed. I think we stand more chance now with new views/timings. Could not believe my eyes yesterday morning when I saw them adjusting the camera. Someone not only listening but action being taken....
I am coming over for 5 weeks in September. First week in St Pauls Bay ( Gillieru ). Should get good views of the air display there. Next 3 weeks at the apartment and the final week at the British Hotel in Vallette. Now I should see the plane take off/land from there eh?
Cant wait

Allan
It's only been pointed at Senglea for the last few days and has not been rotating at all.
Correct.
It went off sequence on Thursday morning just after they were clearing the liner berth. May have some naval vessels in and moved the camera for security reasons. . . . . .there again, it is Malta.
Queried it with Mr Piscopo but no response. Will ask Albert Vella on Monday.
Hello
Just had a reply from Mr Vella. the head of the entity responsible for the up-keep of the webcam concerned. Here is part of the reply.....
Unfortunately last week we were given instructions by the port authorities to disable the webcam for security reasons. As a compromise we set up the webcam to temporarily focus on a non strategic part of the port.
Meanwhile we should be holding some discussions with the port authorities to find an acceptable solution and we hope to have the webcam transmitting more interesting views shortly.

So, lets wait and see what happens now.

Fallan
Gozomark

Saw the sea plane take off this morning at 10 am UK time, and managed to get and save a screen 'grab'.

Allan
Certainly will. It is pretty grey due to the weather this morning as you will know.

will do it in a few minutes Mark

Allan
Wednesday 19th March. 10:00am UK time.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7673/51lt6.th.png
  • Edited by fallan 2008-03-19 16:13:05
I will upload some more interesting 'captures' to Imageshack when I get a bit of time. Keep checking
Forgot about this one. Sea plane landing 1st March 11:25am UK time

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2320/23wf7.th.png
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.