Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just back
19 Posts
there was no air conditioning on the plane and the tv wass not working (but that did not bother me)

I think you mean it was too warm, without 'air conditioning' you would be frozen solid. I would have asked the stewardess to get the pilot to circulate more air and I'm sure the people sat around would have supported you if they were also feeling too warm.

I would not expect in flight entertainment (apart from the meal!) on a Balkan flight, have never experienced one on over thirty flights with them.
We were warned not to use cash machines as people were finding out that there cards were being swiped

Do you mean being cloned and used by some criminal to take money out of accounts, or being swallowed by the ATMs? It is a wise precaution to only use ATMs situated in Banks or hotel receptions.
We used the Blue Crowns most days

What is a 'Blue Crown' exchange? What other sorts of Crown exchanges are there? This is most important due to a report of fake Crown Exchanges. See HERE
I can't read German but I get the gist.

Does a genuine Crown Exchange have the same logo as on THIS page, and if so how do the fakes differ, please?

Peter
at least you were able to make the most of the days when the weather was not so nice. :D What did you think of the villages you were able to visit?
Just to add some weight to Peter's responses.
I too have never had entertainment on Balkan Holiday flights, nor on British Airways or Air Bulgaria to Varna.

Who are these people who warn not to use ATM's. to my recollection I have not seen a posting on this board, where it has been reported.
Like Peter I always use in Bank facilities and in Hotel Lobbies.

You state your luggage was tampered with in Bourgas, could it not have happened at Manchester. Did you have a little security label attached to your case, because a clue lies there. At Varna (owned by same company as Bourgas) when your luggage leaves check in it is xrayed and a guy sticks a numbered label on cases he feels are okay, anything without a label can be opened by customs officers on way to loading bays. (their rights). At Gatwick last week when claiming my luggage it was noticed many locks and displaced wheels going round with the cases.

Tonyt.
anything without a label can be opened by customs officers on way to loading bays. (their rights).

Interesting point Tony, because I've haven't seen any reports recently of items being stolen from cases allegedly at Burgas.

Peter
however it happened it must be really upsetting. I think it is worth following up on what Tony says. It may well have happened in the UK. Hve to say our locks had been tampered with somewhere on the way back from KL. Luckily it didn't go any further than that.
We are just back this week and there was 6 of us and we flew into Belfast from Bourgas and there was nothing a miss with any of our cases also we used the bank machine at the Globus otel and everything so far has been alright with our bank account.
were you warned of problems tgilmour? I can't find any reports of problems- but perhaps this was just recent? Baldur would def had alerted us here if he knows of problems.
Sue
who warned you? Can you point me to the info please so that we can alert members if need be.
No we were not warned of any fraudlent use. But if anything comes from us using the bank machines we will let you know. Does anybody have any idea where the bank machines were, that there was supposed to be bother at.
the air conditioning was not working on the plane in some seats and as i said tvs do not bother me

yes the crown logo you mentioned is the genuine ones the white crowns can be dodgey.

yes i do mean cloned sorry i wrote it not to clearly
a customer of ours went to stay in our apartments and he had his card tampered with at 1st Investment bank in the square and also people who stay in the apartments in the complex for the summer also have had that experience, so yes i do have hard evidence.

We did have stickers on the back of our suitcase and yes it was tampered with in Bourgass airport as speaking to the officials at the airport they said that thiss hadd been happening frequently in Bourgas andd there was items missing so yes it had been ransacked
this is first hand experience about my holiday and my comments, why does everone have to pull things to pieces and be nasty. some people have different experiences that is why it is called holiday truths, if anyone has any comments about my piece of information please pm me instead of making the forum into a slanging match :twisted:
Yes, as you say this is holiday truths.

I'm so sorry that the weather wasn't so good for your 3rd trip to Bulgaria Sue.

Patka
thanks you Patka i appreciate that, its not my 3rd visit to bulgaria though i have been going for year it is 3 times we have stayed in our apartments
Was it the first investment bank on the main street in sunny beach
thats the bank our friend lost £250
sorry Sue
I wasn't questioning you re whether it was true or not- just wanted more details so that members could be warned. Cloning of cards is a nightmare and a friend of mine has gone through the mill big time with it- in the UK. I would imagine that particular bank is now ok.
Back to your holidays- which villages would you say are worth a visit?
edit to add
I see Seahunt, one of our members, also experienced cases being broken into in the past at the airport.
thanks you Patka i appreciate that, its not my 3rd visit to bulgaria though i have been going for year it is 3 times we have stayed in our apartments

In the the spirit of 'Holiday Truths', some of your previous posts might indicate you have been to Bulgaria three times only, to quote only two -
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:44 pm Post subject:
Hi Sue and Mark from Southport
we live in southport and have been married 7 years, we have been to Bulgaria twice and now own 2 apartments in Sunny Beach

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:27 pm Post subject:
Thanks i will have a look on the search engine, we have been to Bulgaria twice now but we have been busy sorting our apartments out we have not had the chance to go really sightseeing

Peter
sorry i must not have been thinking we have been several times in the early ninetys but only been 3 times since Sunny Beach has taken off andd become busy, i have searched where i made my mistakes and amended it so it is the truth. have many times have you been

We went to several villages : kabalskovo, aytos, ruen, gorisa, medovo and others that we cant remember without loking at the map
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.