Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Well just back after spending two wonderful weeks in the Lagotel in Alcudia.

We didnt get out and about a lot because there was just so much going on and kids wanted to stay around.

We did a wonderful boat trip from the Port in Alcudia. It lasted about 3 hours. It was really smooth and the kids got to slide off the boat and swim in the sea. Would really recommend it.
hi waterford glad to hear you had a good time any break ins while you was there my friend is going next week
There were two the 1st week. People who had a safety deposit box had nothing taken and those who didnt had a lot off stuff taken.

If you have a Safety deposit box and it is broken into the hotel cover you upto 1800 euro which is pretty OK I think,
I have just been on http://www.majorcadailybulletin.es/ newspaper site, there has been a bank robbery in Cala Bona ! I wonder if TIS has any info to help with enquiries ? Also it looks as if the jellyfish are coming to Majorca , just in time to get me in September.
Hi - I am struggling to think of any banks in Cala Bona, because the article doesn't say. There are plenty in Cala Millor.
Martin
Hello Everyone! Grettings from Cheers Bar in Cala Millor!
:wave
You all missing me yet? I see my countdown has upset someone again - shucks! Not gonna apologise as I had great fun and why shouldn't I and everyone else - this is a FUN board! :D :D :D :sun

Anyway - as CBG said we were 20 mins late taking off but actually landed 15 mins early - had to walk as it was an airbridge :cry: and our last suitcase (along with 8 others) took over an hour to get to us - if I hadn't seen them all being loaded I would have been panicking big time!

Transfer with Janerbus was great - no complaints!

Weather hasn't been wonderful - hot'n'sunny but a fair bit of cloud and yesterday we had a thunderstorm (not as bad as last years).

Haven't heard anything about the bank robbery - Martin there is one on Na Llambies almost opposite the Bip supermarket down from the London Inn - wonder if that's the one? Will ask around & see what I can find out.

No sign of life at Caledonian Carvery or Ma Hubbards but everywhere else seems to be up and running.

Tippi - have said hello to your bro at Beachboys but haven't spotted Becki yet!

CBG - Not seen any jellyfish - we were down at Levante beach last night with the kids and didn't see anything in the water other than the usual seaweed.

Well guys, gonna sign off now but will try and catch up again before we come back on 19th - if not I'll be on when I get back.

TTFN!

Tis xxx :sun
Great to hear that TIS and her family are having a great holiday !!! :D

Only 47 WEEKS to go for our holiday again in cala bona !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Totally agree this is a FUN board and i get just as excited as any other person who is going on holiday ! Both myself and my husband work hard and save hard for our holidays ! :P

Enjoy the rest of your holiday tis !!

lou x
Hi Tis

Glad you are having fun. I heard it was a little cloudy over there but don't worry, you're not missing any great weather back home.

I wonder if it was the bank on Na Llambies, I used that bank when I was in CB this year and commented to my mum about how strange it was to go into a bank with no grilles etc! :?

What do you think of the harbour area? The bargain booze has gone too (just teddies now)!

Did you find out what happened with Lionel and his taxi (I had visions of him just turning up at the airport after you had booked Janerbus).

Sorry you haven't bumped into Becky yet - I think you are probably just missing each other - she seems to spend the day time in Cala Bona and walks down to see my brother at night!

Anyway, carry on having fun and 'fingers crossed' the weather will improve for you :P :P :P :P
Hi Tis

Glad you are having fun. I heard it was a little cloudy over there but don't worry, you're not missing any great weather back home.

I wonder if it was the bank on Na Llambies, I used that bank when I was in CB this year and commented to my mum about how strange it was to go into a bank with no grilles etc! :?

What do you think of the harbour area? The bargain booze has gone too (just teddies now)!

Did you find out what happened with Lionel and his taxi (I had visions of him just turning up at the airport after you had booked Janerbus).

Sorry you haven't bumped into Becky yet - I think you are probably just missing each other - she seems to spend the day time in Cala Bona and walks down to see my brother at night!

Anyway, carry on having fun and 'fingers crossed' the weather will improve for you :P :P :P :P
Hya Tippi, Lou & of course eveyone else :wave

Tippi - I met Becky last night at Beachboys Bar - she's lovely and a total credit to you!

I think the bank in question is Banco March in Na LLambies - to the best of my knowledge it's the only one in Cala Bona. Got the Majorca Daily Bulletin yesterday but there was no mention of it at all )just the jelly fish but haven't seen any of those either).

Harbour area is wonderful (no carousel) just the strange bloke with the bike who reminds me of the childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Got a shock that Bargain Corner is now a teddy shop but the Sweet Shop next door is still there serving my fave caramel icecream.

Caledonian Carvery IS up and running tho' not sure if it's Pat & Audrey running it now. Had lunch at the London Inn yesterday - had to shelter from a massive pour down! :cry:

Weather has been a bit off I have to say - it tends to cloud in on an afternoon but it's not inconvenienced us at all and all things considered makes things a little cooler. Yesterday tho'it didn't half pour down but then got out nice again. My tan is coming along very nicely.

No news from Lionel (I left my mobile number with him and he hasn't made contact).

Right folks gotta dash as kids are playing up - will be in touch next week if poss.

Tis xxx
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous reading posts from peeps on holiday right now. We have been back for a month now from C'an Picafort and have only 48 weeks til we go back to the same Hotel which means less stressing for next year,about the suitability etc.

Must add we are Tessiders too....Stockton born and bred. Though we did not bump into one family from the Teesside area whilst we were in resort.

Come on Boro!!

have fun all of you :D
Glad you are enjoying yourself Tis. It may be a little cloudy over there but here in Leeds it is not only cloudy but it feels really 'nippy' with quite a strong breeze so I know where I'd rather be. Glad you've met Becky, now maybe she can introduce me to you next year! :lol:

How are all you peeps out there keeping up with the security situation? Guess those of you with reps will be informed of luggage regulations but I guess independent travellers will have to assume there is no hand luggage - bet duty free at the airports are coining it in.

Quirkygirl - I'm not a Teesider but I always seem to meet more people from Teeside than anywhere else, (even on this board)! Must say, you seem a friendly bunch. Hopefully I'm going to squeeze a week in October, otherwise it's about another 50 weeks for me!
Hi Tis :wave

I'm so pleased that you are enjoying yourself :)

Shame about the ups and downs with the weather !
Although its nice to hear that your tan is coming around nicely !!!.....mine is going now i think its the rain showres we are having at the moment !!!

We saw the man with his bike down at the harbour.. and i think the carousel was down there on saturday evening if i remember correctly :hmmm

Have you heard any more about cheers being on the market ???

Oh i wish i was there with you !!!!!!!!!!!!! roll on next year .... 46 weeks to go!!!

enjoy the reat of your holiday
:sun

lou x
Hi TIS, we are soooo jealous weather awful here. Very little delays at NCL today because of the security just the usual 5 or 10 mins. Enjoy the rest of your hol looking forward to hearing ALL about it in detail when you get back . Take care. C.B.G
Hi Tis and everyone. One more sleep and we will be in Parga. :fly
Then, when we return, 6 weeks til we are back in Sa Coma. Hope you are having a great time Tis. Don't forget, we want an in depth report when you get back.
Gail
Hi Pargaluvva :wave

have a great holiday !

speak when you get back unless we hear from you while your away !

:glynis

lou x
Hi All

Before I forget - have a FAB holiday Parga!

Weather has been okay today - very cloudy yesterday but more sun than clouds today so I'm happy :D

Meant to say exchange rate out here is 1.43/1.44 Euro to the pound with no commission. As usual Pireo is best rate at 1.44 and you don't need your passport to change TC's there which is good.

Have got 3 bites bad bites on my right leg from what I think was a horse fly - really nasty and much more itchy than usual mossie bites and about 6 times the size :cry: Still on the mend now thankfully - they are reducing in size and don't quite so bad as they did initially.

The security situation is a worry ' have to contact Excel later this week to confirm flights back and will ask about hand luggage - TBH I'm more worried about camcorder-digital camera-tapes-discs going into hold luggage but guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

According to Majorca Daily Bulletin Palma isn't imposing the restrictions BUT it's down to individual airlines so we could be affected coming home on Saturday.

Well I gotta go - have ordered one of Kev's sunday roasts (yummmmm). I think this will be my last time on here before we get home but will be back with a full report of the holiday when I get back so TTFN.

Tis xxx

PS - Mark we'll more than likely be at Cheers around the 6pm mark on Thurs & Fri eve (sat next to the big TV on the front) feel free to walk past and pretend you never saw us LOL :D
gosh its so quiet il just say

14 DAYS 2 GO WOOOOOOOOOOO
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.