Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi all. Know i'm not, strictly speaking, on the correct forum but we are having a fab time in Parga. Weather is red hot. We had a thunderstorm on Monday. We are on Valtos beach today and are in a bar that has internet access so I thought I would log on. Flew out of East Midlands on Sunday. Flight was delayed for an hour. There was a lot of extra security but no-one complained. Only problem, no hand luggage so no psp etc for the kids for the flight :cry: Happy hols to everyone. We are back in Majorca in October. :hyper
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could help
have just booked to go to Majorca at the end of October and wondered if anybody has been at this time of year. We did look at the canaries, where you can just about guarantee the sun, but found to be too expensive. What is the weather like as a rule?

Many Thanks

Laney
Hi - the weather is obviously not as hot as mid summer but you can still get some very warm days and do a bit of sun bathing. The evenings can be cool so take a jumper/fleece. Rain tends to arrive in showers and moves on as fast as it arrives. As a rule you will get more good than mediocre!
You will find as well that quite a few of the bars are closing down at that time but will still find plenty open
Hiya all!
Off tomorrow to Cala Millor on Jet2 flight 11.15 am from Leeds. Apparantly not many problems, and flying on time.
Looking forward to Hols, as been booked for 14 months!! Last bit of packing to do, kids are now in bed, pizza on order!!

Will update on return, as cant see me logging on whilst out there. Might see Tis on her last few days at Cheers....
......By the way, has anybody heard of Toni's before??

TTFN
Mark x
There is always a Toni's in every resort! I do believe there is aToni's in Cala Bona harbour and another in a side street beside hotel Talayot . Enjoy your hols , say Hi to Tis if you see her . We are all waiting impatiently for her return for all the gossip.
Hi we were in Sa Coma last October (20th to 27th) and had brilliant sunshine every day. We had a hire car for the week but never used it cos we couldnt drag ourselves away from the pool and beach. Going again this year. Hope the weather is as good.
Thanks for the replies!!

Hope the weather is the same as last year then. We go 21st-28th october (school holls) Fingers crossed

Thanks again

Laney
Hi Mark

Enjoy your holiday :)

Say Hi to Tis if you see her !

lou x
This may just be me, but why by default does each subject show the 'oldest item' first. It's a bit of a pain having to go to the bottom of the page and set to show 'newest item' first. As I say, this may just be me and my lack of technical knowledge. Anyone else suffer from the same problem? Or am I just a moaning minnie who perhaps doesn't know what they're doing!

I'm off to Cala D'Or by the way at the end of October, anyone been there at this time of the year? Are all the bars/restaurants open? Is it still warm or shall I pack a coat and a couple of jumpers?

Thanks (and sorry for the earlier moan)
C
Hi - got to agree with you about the order of postings. If admin read these comments maybe they can respond. Otherwise I find the site absolutely addictive and fascinating reading.
We have an apartment over there and it feels like we are keeping in touch with the place, hearing everyone talking about the various bars and people that we are familiar with etc. Does that sound stupid? Do I care lol?
Looking forward to Tis' report back. Don't forget to remind us to Stefan in Cheers if you pick this up Tis.
Martin & Teri
Whereabouts is Parga, know Mallorca quite well, Help??

Garry
u can change the way you see the posts at the bottom of the page you can change 2 newest 1st
Hi Gary

I'm pretty sure Parga is Greece or that sort of area....pargaluvva is there at the mo and back in Majorca later in the year...... i think!!!!

hope this helps.....
I appreciate that Stumpy but my computer resets back to the default eveytime I come off the site.
Martin
Hi Guys!

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Haven't got time now to sit and write everything as we're off to my parents to collect Georgie Pawgie the Labrador Dawgie but will be back online probably tonight with a full run-down -in the meantime folks can I just say:

Only 342 sleeps till our next holiday!
:rofl
Sorry couldn't resist it!

Speak soon! Tis
Hi Tis

Don't know whether to say 'glad you're back' cos I know you won't be too happy about being back :bawl - but I'm glad you're back on the forum anyway! :lol:

Can't wait to hear what you've been up to!:glynis

Tippi
Welcome back Tis'. I know the weather hasn't been fantastic out there but believe me it has been at least ten times worse here!
What do you think of the motorway?
Looking forward to the update.
Martin
Hi Tis

Welcome home and back to the forum !!

Can't wait to hear all about Cala Bona/Millor !!

Speak to you later

lou x
Oh no she's back :roll: , thank god this lot have had no one to talk too! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.