Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
.......we did eat at some beautiful restaurants and were really spoilt for choice :wink:
Hi Carol - you'll have to get him to carry round a seat pad :lol:

I'm really looking forward to our trip to Portugal and sampling all the food as I've heard so many good things about it. Slurp.
Glynis,
You won't be disappointed - at the last count there were over 365 eating establishments in Lagos and, in 17 years, we've only found two that we wouldn't go back to.
There's an ugly rumour on this site that you may be fond of an occasional tipple :shock: - the local firewater is called " medronho ", a brew which originates from the Monchique mountains but which is nowadays available legally; take a tip and try it first in a cup of coffee to sample the taste before trying it neat - otherwise you could lose the power of speech for a couple of hours. If you visit the Monchique during your holiday, it is possible to buy the real stuff, but it will come in a Coke bottle or something similar and should be treated with great caution as it's much, much stronger than the " legal " version.
:glynis
There's an ugly rumour on this site that you may be fond of an occasional tipple
:yikes

I'll tell hubby as he drinks the hard stuff. I only like the occassional lager :wink: :glynis
I only like the occassional lager
or should that be LARGER :lol: :lol:
A larger lager will suit me fine Brian :lol:
Just make sure it's SAGRES !!
Ooer I thought Sagres was an area in the Algarve :rofl Good job you posted that...........
Glynnis if you can tear yourself away from the lager, do try the rose wines while you're there. They're really good and cheap. I sampled a little glass (bottle) or two while we were there :glynis
Oooooooo Carol I can't stomach wine - it gives me heartburn. :lol:
Glynis,
My username is in tribute to the beer, but there is a coastal town of the same name further west of Lagos on the way to Cap St. Vincent; it has a pretty little harbour. I went there years ago looking for the brewery but it wasn't there :evil: so I just had a couple of drinks and went back to Lagos !! :lol:
I'd better follow your tracks then and do the same thing :wink:
............. or you could just stay in Lagos and spend the petrol money on more lager !!
If you check the Porto da Mos webcam site I gave you, you'll find that they've changed the site and you can now choose from three different views - it just gets better and better !! (It would be better still if I was there rather than looking at it on my computer screen. ) :sulk

Enjoy,
Geoff
right folks we have had the experiment and i am pleased with the response and the friendly way you are taking it so as from today its no longer an experiment bur a sticky

have fun
wizard
We've passed folks :pele
bur a sticky
Ok I give up........which accent is that Wiz? :lol:
I think it may be a bit of yorkshire twang, hi we are going to the Algarve in June for the first time our daughter,husband and girls (7 years 2 years and 7months) are going with us so we are really looking forward to it, this site has made some very interesting reading, so keep up the good work.
thanks to all
Margaret(madmum) :glynis
Hi Margaret,

Sounds like fun - but don't get caught for all the babysitting! We went with our daughter, husband and 4 month old baby recently, and we didn't have a single problem eating out all together in the evenings as the Portuguese love children so much.

I hope you have a great first holiday in the Algarve and will want to return again and again, like most of us! :wave
It's our first time in June as well - am really looking forward to exploring new territories :pele
Glynis,
Is "territories " a new word for " bars " ? :rofl

:glynis Geoff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.