Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hes gotta come home cos he needs mothering and some TLC. After all men are mothered from the day they are born till the day they die, and he'll miss his curry on Saturday night and also a lovely turkey Sunday dinner with the trimmings, I think he'll agree thats better than an extra days sunshine, or maybe not he might think sunshine and no earache is better. Seriously though Easyjet have only just started the service from Liverpool to Faro on the 10th April but it aint nice if they cancel flights without informing passengers, how would Stelios like to be stranded.Cheers Jayjan
Stelios ?.......... stranded ?......... I don't understand - it's all Greek to me !! :rofl
Glynis ( and anyone else visiting the Algarve for the first time ), Try

http://www.strawberryworld-algarve.com/algarve-guide/index.html
This site gives you a thumbnail sketch of all the resorts to help you decide where you want to visit whilst you're there.
Hope it's some help.

Geoff :)
I think I should point out, that that was the way my mate put it to me.

Just in case the the story was wrong "Allegedly" should be added!

I can't afford to be sued :yikes
Perry,
You're just worried about being " tango'd " by solicitors in orange suits, aren't you ? :rofl
The Easyjet flight took off from Faro on time and is due to land at Liverpool in 20 minutes, so no need to worry about being tango'd by the orange suit brigade.Now i need to get my act together for the mothering and TLC for when his lordship walks through the front door. Jayjan
Jayjan,
You got it wrong.......if the weather in your neck of the woods is as bad as that in Glasgow recently, it's you who needs the TLC slaving away there while hubby relaxes in the sunshine, caneca or vinho by his side!!!!!!!
Pat
:glynis
I Agree Pat well said although the weather down in Manchester hasn't been too bad. I've had my share of the vinho tinto while hes been away, whats good for the goose is good for the gander lol Jayjan
why is it that while you waiting for your hols to come around it seems miles away :cry: , yet when your on them they go really fast, as you can guess I can't wait for mine.
Hi nasher,
Try booking your holiday two days before you want to travel; -the wait won't seem so long and you've got the added excitement of wondering whether you'll be able to get a flight. :lol:
Thanks Sagres for the link (just got back from Scotland hence my late reply)
Hi Glynis, No problem; at this rate you're going to be an expert on the Algarve before you've even set foot in the place !! :lol: :lol:
I now have the full story on the Easy Jet saga.

2 incoming EJ planes were diverted to Lisbon , shortly after that, the fog lifted at Faro and the one coming from East Midlands took off again, and carried on to Faro, the one from Liverpool did not.

There were only 18 people waiting at Faro for the return to Liverpool, and they were told the flight had been cancelled because of the fog, despite the East Midlands flight turning up! My friend concluded the reason must be because of the lack of passengers waiting for it, and the fog story was just a smokescreen (pardon the pun), so they can avoid paying compensation, claiming the cancellation was down to an act of god.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions. :shrug
Hi Everyone,
Well finally the price has come down on the Glasgow to Faro flights!!!!
So we're on our way 4 weeks today to Cabanas!!!!!!!!! :fly
Can't wait.......I'm all excited already :hyper
All that sunshine, vinho tinto and of course.....SAGRES (the real one)!!!!
Pat
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

............... and that, basically, is all I've got to say on the subject !!

Have a great time. :)
Around same time as me Pat, we are out on the 12th May to 21st, hope you enjoy your hols. Am looking forward to a wind down this time instead of painting & what have you, but thats the joy of having your own property I suppose ( Hopefully maybe get sloshed (Vinho Tinto & loadsa Sagres) in some little bar down Olhos d Agua/Balaia/ or Albufeira). A few showers at the moment but by May they will have gone & plenty sunshine, bikini weather, or maybe a skinny dip in our pool lol. Cheers Jayjan
Jayjan,
Olhos d'agua was our favourite place before we discovered Cabanas!
We went there many times and went back when we were in the Algarve over New Year...... what a shock it was as we had not been there for about 12 years!!!!
There has been such a lot of new buildings and we couldn't believe that on walking down the hill to the beach, we couldn't even see the sun as the big hotel on the cliff face was blocking it out!!!!
We loved the little bar right at the beach front and had many a great time there as everyone just came in and chatted, no matter what nationality.
we also liked the walk to the strip. Don't think that has changed too much, just busier with lots of British bars.... we struggled to find many Portuguese ones.......I like to practice the lingo when I'm there and they were gobsmacked when I spoke to them in Portuguese!!!
That's the beauty of Cabanas.......it is still very much Portuguese!!!!
Anyway, enjoy your hols too and please leave some vinho tinto for me and sagres for my hubby otherwise we will be most upset!!!!!
Pat
There's a webcam here, positioned in Luz bay, for those who like to keep their eye on the weather (and of course be nosey at who's sitting where and with whom :wink: )

http://www.algarve-luzbay.com/webcam/cam_page.html
Well we've done it :yikes We've booked another week in Portugal from 11th to 18th September without having stepped foot in the place before.

We are taking my parents. Dad 72 who had a brain haemorrhage last year and Mam 70 who had a knee replacement last year. :shock:

So we will be looking for somewhere that is reasonably flat with something going on but not 'bump bump' type. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.