Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
anyone out there who can update us on the weather? How is the monsoon going? :)
The Monsoon has hit with avengence the last 4 days.Heavy rain and gale force winds,it seems to be making up for the last 8 weeks when the weather has beeen excellent for this time of year.

John
Do you think that the monsoon will last longer John as its been so slow to start?
tes and the wind took down a coconut tree and guess where it landed!! :whoops right across our jeep diagnally for maximum damage!!! will try and post a pic somehow!! write off i think :(
yes not good eh how can i upload a pic Fiona? you wont believe it!!! :think
Could any one over in Goa (near Panjim) please let me know what the weather is like over there now. Is it raining every day, how often etc, are there any shacks on the beach, are the bars and restaurants open. My colleague is going to Panjim (Goa) this weekend to do a two week language course in computers and looking at the weather predictions for the next two weeks on the net, it looks quite grim...

Thanks in advance.

Aj.
Oops...aplologies for the spelling mistake on the subject line.... Wather should be weather.... :)
It has been raining virtualy all day for the past 6 day's,some bright moments but that is all.No shacks open this time of year.If he is based in Panjim there are plenty of restaurants to choose from,don't worry he won't go hungry.

John
Thanks for the info John. A bit too late now to convey the message to my colleague as he is probably in mid-air by now... :)
Even though its been raining here for days, the past few days have been quite pleasent during the day, there are a few purpose built bars/shacks open on the beach in baga, brittos,The Shack, St anthonys, and one in Candolin down down the end of beach road call sunny side thats on the beach, nice view and sea breeze and good food, if you want to see the sea :cheers
I like St Anthonys, the boys in there are very nice. I guess there is only a few of them there since its out of season.
Had a few nice days very few showers and the sun came out yesterday :sun2
sounds like the UK poppetjay "the sun came out yesterday"-
I have been here for a month and have almost another to go until we get back to Goa.
Can't wait
hey, this is GEL's daughter forgot my password and locked myself out. Just wondered if anyone knows wheres the best place to buy rupees in this country to get a good rate? my bank is 72 to the £1 at the mo. Thanks alot.

sign_lauren
At the moment in goa the rupee to pound is around 76-78 best rate weve found, calangute shoe shop next to Johnnys chemist or directly opposite in the jewellers.
And by the way its been really hot and sunny today sunbathing weather :sun2
What a wonderful day!!!! been swimming all afternoon and the sun is still shinning, season has come early, places being painted(probably for ganesh) but its so nice without rain(she touches wood) and lovely and hot, :sun2 :sun2 topped up tan...
just as long as the rain isn't be stored up for the beginning of the season! :)
Exactly Fiona. I find the beginning of November can be very unsettling. I detest rain, even if its hot rain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.