Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Don't worry,it hasn't rained here for weeks.But the temp and humidity are very high at the moment it feels more like April.

John
I have been to Goa twice in recent years, Both times were late March,early April when the weather is hot and sticky. I was so glad to have AC in our room. This year we are going for the New Year period. Is AC still recomended ? :sun2
Hi billybluenose I personally dont use my ac much at all at that time of year, rarely in fact... but i suppose it depends on the individual?
chilly
Chilly, Is it as humid at the turn of the year as it is at the end of March ?
BBN
normally absolutely no way billy.... but i have heard it is humid at the moment so who knows with global warming and all this climate change...i dont want you after me if you are sweating it out :D but seriously i think a fan would be fine, I truly dont use my a/c at that time of year and for many years before we had the house stayed in a room at that time with only a fan and was fine
chilly
cheers chilly that will save me around £120 that i would have been stung for when i arrive at the Osborne. £60 for my room and again for daughters room
just dont shoot me if the weather turns upside down!!!! :yikes
chilly :D
We have been going around Christmas and New Year for the last 7 or so years. It most definately is not as humid as in March, however we do use our a/c when we go out at night leave it on so that it deters the mossies, but switch it off when we are back as it is much too cold and a fan is just right.
We had rain yesterday !!!! but the temp has been reaching 33+ but as always the thunder/lighting hasnt come yet which according to locals is the sign that the monsoon is over, think a few people/bars/restaurants were caught out yesterday by the sudden downpour. :cry
You must have been unlucky.as we've had no rain here in Bogmalo.

John
Hi guys,
we are off to Baga again in Dec 9th, were there at easter and had brill time, what can we expect weather to be like then?
cheers
Noel
Hi Noel it will be much cooler in December than at Easter time. Still mid to high 90's every day though. You wont need a jumper thats for sure ;) :sun2
:wave:

Like Chilly said i don't use A/C at Xmas either in fact i always put my wrap over my bed as sometimes it can be a little cool in the night, so for Xmas i have gone for the much cheaper option of fan only then when it really gets muggy like at Easter we have picked the hotel with A/C hope this was of some help.

Oh nearly forgot to say take your umbrella if you out there at Easter :really as we had a couple of down pours whilst we where there last Easter :tup

We did not use umbrellas we just stayed in the bars drinking .......... Coffee :rofl

Pip
:cheers
It hadn't better be raining next Easter.....this one was bad enough! :(

So please please leave me some sunshine all those folk going before me (nearly everyone) :sun2 :rofl
I think last Easter was just a blip. We have gone at Easter for 9 years and this was the first time we had any sign of rain.
Can anybody tell us what the weather is like at the moment, dont rely on weather sites :)
Hi Chrissy81 the weather here right now is gorgeous... hot, sunny and comfortable, not too chilly at night yet either, even on the bike... all in all hot hot hot :)
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.