Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
anything would be a heatwave just now after this UK weather!!! we've had the coal fire alight for weeks now!
chilly
Just wondered what it's like in February / March?

As we've booked to go out on the 16th February. But after looking for the temperatures etc before, most sites mention that it is Goa's winter, and will be 10 degrees :que

I'm just hoping I've not dropped a bollock :D Please tell me I haven't
Don,t worry feb/march the weather will be hot hot hot!!!! have been 3 times in feb and never
a bad day,it gets humid late march/april but with most hotels having A/C its not a problem.
have a great time :sun2
ann
Thanks Ann :)
Strange that sites would post such wrong information then.

Suppose I'll just sup a few Kingfisher on the beach if it gets too warm :D
Ive been here 6 years and the temp has never dropped that low,in Delhi yes when temps dropped to 6c one year and quite a few people die every year because the temps drop and they are not use to the cold.
Only time I feel the cold is in dec/jan in the night when the temps do drop to around 15c but thats cold for me and the goans and you will see them going to work in their big jackets and woolly hats and gloves on their bikes,but tourists will be in shorts and vest tops.
15 degrees is freezing for me as well :yikes but then I am very cold blooded. I was cold in Goa most nights when the temp was in the low 80s, even the Indian were saying to me it wasnt cold!!
I am recently back from Egypt and did find that a little hot in the evening, but it was 40 degrees about 9pm!!!!
Thought I would throw a little dampener in. :que

It is raining in Goa now and cold so cold (25C) I had the air conditioning off last night :rofl

Lez
:D
Can anyone tell me what the temperature will be like in the evening at Christmas/New Year please. I will be there for 3 weeks from 13 December. I usually go at Easter when it it very warm in the evening. Will I need a jacket or something to cover up when I eat outside int he evening? Our taxi driver says it is cold in December but what he calls cold and what I call cold are two different things. I am like Gemma though I like it hot all the time, I never think its too warm when we go in April.
HI Brenliz
it can be chilly in the evening, at least i find it so but I would say mostly when you are on the bike at night, last year it seemed much warmer over Christmas ... so who knows but certainly the days will be boiling!! no worries there but a nicer hot than easter less humid!!!! just take something light incase for the evenings or very early mornings i am sure that will suffice .... the sea will also be hot but strangely some pools can be cool!!
Chilly
Thanks Chilly, I wasn't too worried about the days it was evenings I was concerned about. I love my food and don't want the experience spoiled by shivering. No doubt I will have a warm jacket with me for travelling from home to the airport but hopefully I won't need it when I get there. Prefer to stick to the Honeybee in hot coffee for keeping warm if I am forced.
:rofl well shouldnt worry about the jacket too much... the honeybee should do it ;)
chilly
I never find it cold in Dec, a little chilly on the back of a bike late at night. We had rain one night last year.
I have had the same bright pink cardigan in my suitcase since my first visit to Goa in 1999. I have never, ever worn it and the only time it came out of my case was when I bought a new case and I put it in that.

We have had holidays in February, March, November and December and have always found the evenings warm or hot and therefore a cardy has never been called for.

Now that I have mentioned my cardy, I must actually take it out to see if a) it still fits and b) to check there are no moth holes in it.
Oct 1st

a hot sunny day, humidity low temp about 30C no signs of rain :)

just bought a washing machine Rs15/item no knickers taken :rofl
It's been about 35 degrees today,clear skys, oh for some cold weather......................

John
Yesterday was hot and sunny about 33C. Shops and restaurants starting to open. :D
Hi Everyone,

My bf and I are off to Goa for the first time on 1st November. Just wondered what can we expect the weather to be like as been checking on the net and it always says raining!! getting a bit worried.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.