Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Tattoos
43 Posts
I know a lot of people do it. An Indian friend I know who works and stays in Candolim (fitness instructor at big hotel for 15 years). He gets his done from a pro tat' guy who comes on holiday from Bradford! I had a long conversation with him about the scene. A very knowledgeable person with a lot of sound advice.

He said that there are MANY unscrupulous tattoo artists all over Goa, BE VERY CAREFUL. If you aren't sure about it... dinnae bother.

I'm sure there are many people who get good jobs done. But the heat and bugs can do weird things with any wound as if it speak. I'd just relax and get chilled and forget the hassle.
Thanks for the advice. He obviously wouldn't get it done until we were travelling home as tattoos don't like direct sun. Hopefully we can get some advice on some reputable places.
I wouldn't take the risk to be honest. Far too may horror stories of unclean needles etc
When we were there in March, my boyfriend wanted to get one. We went into a place in Baga, and I was horrified (I have a few tattoos myself and know what to expect). The guy seriously didn't seem to know what he was talking about, and the place was gross, but my boyfriend was actually considering it!!!! :shock:

He was really annoyed with me for talking him out of it, but I just couldn't let him go through with it!!

I too would like to know if there any "proper" tattoo artists in Goa, and if so are they any cheaper than here (UK)?
I wouldn't take the risk to be honest. Far too may horror stories of unclean needles etc

Got to agree with Martin d , no way would i risk my health by having a tattoo done over there.
Why not let him get a henna one, then if he likes the design, have it done properly when he gets home - just a thought.

Debs
Thats a better idea DebnPete :wink Think thats what i will do too.
The Bradford guy is great - my husband had a tat in his parlour and he has clean needles etc etc and is happy to show you - Calangute area.
I have had 3 done by the Indian guy from bradford,if that makes sense :?
He has a shop at the top of Tito's lane on the lRight,more or less opposite the seafood resteraunt. He was very very good.
Thanks ZOOP, I'll bear that in mind!
Zoop is he dear ...com to the prices in england ....or N/I....I know a tatoo in N/I is £80 an hour ....colleen
There are lots of Henna tattooists and you will have plenty to choose from.
Decide what you want then negotiate.
i have 1 on each arm (my sons names)and one on the nape of my neck(the wifes name in hindi)....3 years ago i gave him £100.was a good 3 hours work
Why not let him get a henna one, then if he likes the design, have it done properly when he gets home - just a thought.

Debs

It is more for the lasting momento of our honeymoon in Goa.

He's got a few tattoos and we're obviously not going to get anything done without being fully comfortable with the situation.

Thanks for the suggestions people. :tup
I have had 3 done by the Indian guy from bradford,if that makes sense
He has a shop at the top of Tito's lane on the lRight,more or less opposite the seafood resteraunt. He was very very good.

Thanks! We'll look out for him.
Lisa said

Think thats what i will do too.

What's it going to be Lise, a butterfly :?: :wink:
Hubby has a cracker tattoo ...made in belfast... on his back you can see it in a photo in the baga page photo 67 I think ..he has yet to tell me how much it cost ...all this talk of tattoos he wants to go looking for the man who does them in goa :roll: :roll: colleen
Ditto DebnPete, I had a henna tattoo done while I was there and liked it so much had it done for real when I got home, that way I knew I was safe.
Think thats what i will do too.

Maybe a "Kaddi" Lisa :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.