Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Tattoos
101 Posts
The tattoists that we went to all wanted you to make an appointment and leave a deposit. This is what we done 2 days ahead of having the tattoo done. Ours were all pretty big and were 180 levs each.
hi i had my tattoo done in the meridien hotel, miladen, the tattooist was great, i hate needles etc, but got the courage to get one done, he was so concerned about hurting me and kept checking i was ok, i had one on my lower back which looks lovely. took half hour and cost £30.00 not bad at all!
Hi samanthajones,

I was going to have one done there but the day I went to have a look his tattoo gun wasnt working properly, so I decided to go somewhere else.

How did you like the hotel? Were you there when the reception was flooded? I had a look for you round by the pool but wasnt too sure what you looked like. Hope you had a good time. :glynis

tepe
hi tepe,

we were there with the floods it was amazing how quickly everywhere flooded, and disappeared so quick too! we loved the hotel last year they were so helpful, but this year they wernt bothered the porters were great but receptionists no so good. we looked for you too but coulndt find you. you couldnt have missed us i was with ex inlaws first week and ex hubby and friend 2nd week (were friends now!) he was the guy throwing me and kids etc in pool! hope you hada great holiday too. :D :D
If yiur thinking of getting a tattoo while your in sunny beach then go see Niki & Mira they run a Tattoo studio behind the kuban & next to yavor palace. Mira does manicure & pedicure's & Niki does the tatto's & piercing. Both the wife & i had Tattoo's done while we we're there & are very impressed with them & have had no problems at all. Hlaf the price what you'd pay here if there something you like then take the pic with you & show him he is very good.
Hi Alan, any chance of a picture of your tattoos ?

Here's the two I've had done in Golden Sands by Sin City Tattoos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/doo407/HPIM1575-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/doo407/Tattoo007.jpg
i had my wifes name in chinese letters down my leg in bulgaria last year

at the tattoo parlor mentioned at the side of the kuban

the tattoist is great very methodical and very very clean

he took a lot longer than it would have done in england

and it was less than half the price i would have paid for it over here

so if your planning a tattoo and planning to go to bulgaria

have your tattoo done whilst in bulgaria
:oops: HI thanks for the email been trying to send you the pic but being new to the computer game cant find how to do it have tried to copy and paste and also been looking on the tags just cant seem to do it any ideas thanks :?: :oops: alan[/b]
Hi Alan,

upload your images to Photobucket then copy image addy then click the img tag paste then img tag again.

hope this helps cheers Stevie
I hope they used clean needles and opened the sterile pack in front of you and signed to state this was done. I think it is well dodgy having tattoos or piercings done abroad, they dont have to adhere to the same strict hygeine rules we have in the UK. If you cant resist but have a tat abroad, make sure they do as stated above,if they dont, run. Personally, i woulnt entertain it due to the risks, especially in Bulgaria where most things are well dodgy anyway, especially with the sex clubs and prossies, you dont know what you could catch and who used the last needle before you, i mean it could be one of those 'I will do anything for a quid hookers' would you drink from their bottle? Not I. would you share their needle? def not. Others should not encourage people to get tats abroad, if you genuinely want a tattoo, you will research the artists in your area and make an informed decision on whats best for you. I put alot of thought into my tattoos and made sure i had the best artist with good, clean hygeine standards. It is just not worst the risk of Hep A or B, HIV or any other blood related disease. sometimes a cheap price isnt everything.
Personally, i woulnt entertain it due to the risks, especially in Bulgaria where most things are well dodgy anyway, especially with the sex clubs and prossies

Have you ever been to Bulgaria, Pubstone? I don't recognise it from this description.

If people want to get tattoos abroad via personal recommendations from other forum members it's their choice.

The only problems I have heard of re tattoos in Bulgaria are in respect of allergic reactions to some of the temporary henna types.

Peter
pubestone

the tattoo parlour i went to in sunny beach was far cleaner than any tattoo parlour i've ever visited in england

and i have visited quite a few
The studio I went to was on the recomendation of my Bulgarian friends & was 100% clean .......& your obsevations about Bulgaria being less than clean is unwarrented, have you ever been to Bulgaria ?
Lets leave behind all the sweeping generalisations and get back to the talk of tattoos. I would hope that anyone getting a tattoo abroad has researched it at home and knows what to look for in terms of standards and hygiene. It is good to get recommendations from members here but ultimately you need to be sure of the place yourself.
Hi, Having just come back from SB I can tell you that the tattoo parlour beneath the Kuban hotel is modern, bright and more like a clinic for cleanliness than anything I have seen in England. The whole place was spotless.

8) Toonman
i hate blackpool but i love bulgaria. :lol:
We were there this year and had tatoos done and watched the needles being taken out of sterile packs etc - very clean place and very good tattoist - we are all really pleased with ours :lol:

We thought SB was Ok didn't see any prozzies or anyone offering drugs.

In fact our friends were so impressed they have bought an apartment over there.

We are well travelled people and are quite fussy and holidays in Blackpool are not for us.
coundnt agree more with toonman

the tattoo studio under the kuban is brilliant

i cant recall the name of the tattooist or the young girl that helped him out but they were very friendly polite. the studio was very clean and i have no complaints abiout the tattoo i had done by him

i looked a round at a few and they were all very clean but the one under the kuban was reccomended by someone on here so i decided to go there :bow
where is the best place for a tattoo in golden sands?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.