Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
well the months have flown by since booking our holiday... off to marmaris tomorrow for 3 weeks.. ash cloud permitting! :tup
Hi,
We are off to Gumbet on mon 17th May, just recieved a email from travel company 2 days ago, saying footpaths were being uprooted due to pipes being layed.
Can anyone tell me whats the latest on the work, or should i asked to be moved elsewhere?
We are booked 2 weeks fully inclusive at the
Royal Asarlik Beach.
Anyone with recent pics of Gumbet, would be nice to see what we are in for...
Thanks ,Clifford
cliffy,

welcome onboard :tup
you may find the following topics of use: Gumbet, Places demolished.

Darren
Thanks Darren,
Have looked at those, just wanted to know should i still go to Gumbet , or elsewhere?
Looks like the work is still going to be going on when we arrive and leave, but as long as the beach is ok, we should enjoy ourselves.
Hi Cliffy,

The works are still going on in Gumebt but you shouldn't be affected too much at the Royal Asarlik as it is of the road. The beach front isn't affected and is looking good accordingto people who have been there. The main road is still being sorted, they have laid the pipes as far as I kow and are working their way along filling in ad resurfacing. the work is due to be completed by 15th -20th May.

You don't need to go along that main road though as you can walk along the bech front to the centre of the resort.

Also as you are staying AI you will be eating in your hotel. You can still get the dolmus into Bodrum and anywhere else you fancy visiting so I would say it would be fine to still go on your holiday.

If you are still unsure can I suggest that you send a PM to Gumbet Jakki, you will find her if you look through any of the posts about Gumbet, she is there at the moment so she can tell you exactly what is going on.

I hope this helps

Kedi
Seen some pics of Gumbet, boy it looks bad,ok some roads are being tarmac, but according to people who have been there the last 2 or 3 days, they say it is a disgrace travel companies have sold hols to Gumbet.
Saying that ,i find it a bit late to go elsewhere, doesn't seem to be any late deals,as our travel company said we can have a refund.
Plus we are ready to go on the 17th May.
As we are all inclusive, (Royal Beach Asarlik) we hope we can still have a good hol.
Clifford
I booked my holiday with a travel company and I also went around the 3 main ones in town. I knew of the work going on in Marmaris, well at that point the beachfront was being demolished...yet not one travel agent mentioned it to me and one even encouraged me to book a hotel on the beachfront which I know is right next to the building work.

I know of the work and I know our hotel in Marmaris is no where near it, however if it was my first time going to Marmaris and I saw the demolished beachfront I would be very annoyed/angry/upset that none had mentioned it.
Hi

Can anyone recommend an excursion company that will pick us up from Majesty Club Tuana Hotel? We were looking at Carolyn and Tayfun but they dont collect from this hotel.

Thanks

:sun2
we're off to Kalkan next week, :sun2 anyone got any tips they'd care to pass on?
Staying at the Samira Deluxe apartments which look rather grand .... should get fit doing the hill climb every day :rofl
Get a taxi back from town - the hill is a killer!
OMG!! that bad? :sad
thanks for letting me know ... will take my granny shoes with me :(
Hi Madmomma

I was warned in advance of my trip not to take heels, and was glad about that! Not just for the hill itself, but even in town -you really need flat shoes. There are lots of slopes in town itself, and I saw people really struggling in heels - just take flatties with you, as you have a good chance of falling in heels I think!

Kalkan is a gorgeous place - we were higher up the hill than you will be at the Samira, and we walked down once, and never did it again! To be fair, there were roadworks going on while we were there, and I didn't feel safe walking on the track and road from our villa. We always got a taxi back up, and got a taxi guy's number so we could call him whenever we needed a lift.

Have dinner at the restaurants at the harbour, and also try the rooftop ones - there is a huge choice. Lots of nice places to have a drink and sit on cushions, and there are some lovely little shops selling nice stuff rather than tourist tat - especially jewellery.

I would love to go back!
thanx for the info ... flip flops at the ready!
Many years ago I went on flying visit to Kalkan but remember very little of it, we were staying at Patara at the time.
Will take your advise and give some nice eating places our attention. :pele
my partner and i have booked aweeks holiday in ovacik next week and we cant find any reviews for this year...has anyone actually stayed at the Leda hotel,and also we booked full board but can only find reviews for previous years when it was just bed and breakfast.we would appreciate any info about this hotel.thanks. ;)
:wave: hi anyone been to club nergis beach and what like is it? :think
Hi. Been to Turkey twice already and heading back for a 3rd time this summer. Going to Yalikavak in the Cimentepe apartments.
Thanks for that. by the way are you called iron duke after the ship!! know a bloke who use to work on it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.