Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Can anyone help me find a suntan lotion that doesn't sting eyes?
I suffer every year, as I sweat in the heat, and the lotion on my face runs into my eyes and I am rendered blind. :cry

I bought some kids lotion called Banana boat, which is meant to be a tear free formula, but when I tried it recently, during our British heat :wave: it didn't work, and actually stung my eyes more than other brands. (flippin' expensive too)!!
I don't want to walk around like a relic of the 1980's, with a sweat band around my bonce, but I can't see any alternative, as I've tried most of the 'sensitive' suncreams on the market, to no avail.
Boots have just started doing one specifically for the face. I haven't tried it but intend to buy some. This may be better for your eyes. You could ask the pharmacist about it
I always get a Boot No7 one that is specially for your face, it goes in really well and is non-greasy so it shouldn't slide off whe you get too hot. They do it in factor 25 and 15 I think.
I like the Boots Vitamin E lotion with SPF 15. Ok not a high factor, but I keep applying it....and its the only one that doesn't aggravate my skin condition. Even without reapplying, I can sit out in the (UK) sun and not burn. Its around 2.99 I think.
Have just come back from Turkey .... very hot during the first week (40+) but the sun lotion I used stayed put and didn't drip into the eyeballs. I used Almay facial sunscreen (factor 30), bought it in the pound shop ..... absolute bargain & have just been back for more supplies.
I buy 'dry oil' lotion, which does what is says on the tin.
spray on and leaves no grease/oliy feel after a few seconds.
tends to be usually in low factors though.
hi all. is there anyone who has been to the rosso verde hotel, bodrum this year and if so can you let me know what it was like and what the food was like :) my family has booked for august this year and would like to know a bit more about thee location and the standard of rooms. thanks
ian fryzer,

Welcome onboard :tup
You may find the following topic useful; Rosso Verde Hotel, Gumbet.

Darren
hi iam new to all this first time on lol iam trying to find some were nice cheep quiet and nice pool apartment just me goin end off aurgust any 1 no any plases for me thanks :cheers
Angie........We are staying in Ovacik We have read many reviews and everyone tells us it's lovely and quiet
but just a few minute ride away from Oludeniz and Hisaronu.
We are staying at the Perdikia hills hotel, has anyone been there?
The photo's look lovely, and most reviews are good.
We travel on 11September, and can't wait. :tup
I stayed at Nergas beach, just out the back of hotel and you are on the beach! You can also use Nergas select which is just along the main road towards Icmeler. I found the Nergas beach was very good. I hope you enjoy your stay!
Just booked to go to the Paloma Yasmin Hotel in Kadikaleso nr Bodrum for the 21st August. Has anyone been recently or going this year.
I've just returned from Gumbet (greenhouse apart hotel), my first time in Turkey & loved the place, definitely beats Spain by a long way. Prices were cheaper & the people are sooo friendly... :cheers

And i added a review in the hotel review section.... :tup
I'm glad you had a good first visit to Turkey and that you loved Gumbet. Greenhouse are very nice apaprtments aren't they?
They certainly are Kedi, i was worried from some of the reports about the place but i'd recommend Greenhouse to anyone........... :tup
hi, has anyone stayed at merve sun park apartments in side? I cant seem to find a review on the apartment on here....lol
hi i have just joined could someone help i am going to calis beach in sept does anyone know about the place and bars also the hotel remer where we are staying ty :sun2
bobby54,

Welcome onboard :tup
You may find members Resort Reports for Calis Beach useful.

Darren
Has anyone stayed at destina hotel in oviak(think spelt wrong )this year,was wondering how steep the hill it is to/from it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.