11 independent reviews of the Koka Apartments
Koka Apartments Location
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Playa Del Ingles

Koka Apartments Koka Apartments is rated 3.18 out of 5 from 11 Reviews

Koka Apartments Reviews

"Only stay in main building! "
ann marie stayed at Koka Apartments Hotel in September 2010
From reading the reviews to this hotel I understand why some like it and most don’t. I went with my husband, brother and his wife. Myself and my husband were staying in a studio apt in one of the blocks not connected to the main hotel, whereas my brother and wife were in a one bedroom apt in the main building.

There is a vast difference between the two, the main building apartments being far superior.

Our studio was tiny smelly dirty and the beds very hard and cockroaches everywhere, door jammed several times and patio door didn’t even have a handle let alone a lock. Terrible!

The main building apartments were absolutely fabulous clean and very spacious.

Recommended: No

sue and pat stayed at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles in December 2006
We arrived in the reception nd were pleasantly surprised on how clean the pace was. that didnt last long however because we were then sent round the corner to block 3 {room 3101}.

The corridor was in bad need of repairs and not very clean. we then proceeded to open the appartment door , which was very difficult, the hinge was coming addrift at the top.

We went in and opened our patio doors and thought , great, almost in the pool which is great for me as i dont walk very easily.

The night was fine but pat had trouble with the noise from the pipes it seems they were all next door to our room.

Went in the pool the next day and WOW it would have been cold to an eskimo, it was freezing, and stayed that way all the ...
holiday, only 5 or 6 people used it because of the temp.

The next night I did not sleep very well {there were no mattresses on the bases of the beds} so got up to make a drink all of a sudden this big and I mean 3\" long cockroach came out I just stood there in shock, pat woke with my scream and jumped out of bed and killed it.

Next morning we waited to tell the cleaner before going to reception, she came in and laughed and put in my hand a large spray, after she had gone ,she did nothing, pat got on her hands and knees and sprayed all the room under everything, then we went out.

On our return there were cockroaches everywhere, even round by our beds, so the cleaner was called back ,all she did was sweep them up and off she went, so off we went to reception, anyway the young man on reception was very nice because by this time I was in tears, he said he would change our room.

He gave us a room on the next floor up, the electric socket by the sink was very dodgy{hanging off the wall} there was only 1 plug for the sink in the kitchen so we had to block bathroom with tissue.

Needless to say we will not be going back to the Koka.

Tour Operator: fleetway travel

Dean Caldwell had a holiday at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles in July 2006
With the reviews I read here, I was expecting the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was great, not as small as people have made it out. We stayed in block 2, the main block, in 2 rooms, both exactly the same, 3 to a room. The two girls took the bedroom, I slept on the couch, which was surprisingly comfy, the fourth bed, if required, is a bit rubbish though!

The rooms were spotless, cleaned everyday, pool was cleaned thoroughly every morning, and was great. 5 minute walk to the beach, about 2 minutes to the kasbah, which has everything you need, Netto supermarkets, clubs, pubs, numerous restaurants. There was also a shop in reception with water, milk, alcohol, basic foods, crisps etc, which was VERY handy, and cheap, 8 litres of water for 1 Euro ...
40.
And on an even better note, there was only ever one cockroach, and it was in the bathroom. Quite a few wee ones, but no bigger than ladybirds to be honest, so they weren\'t an issue.

Tour Operator: Budget

Andrew021 visited the Koka Apartments Hotel in May 2006
Just returned form Koka. Had read a lot of mixed reviews of the Apartments so wasnt too sure what to expect.

The Koka Apartments are split into 3 buildings, we stayed in the middle building which overlooked the pool.

We arrived at 5.30 am and I was very disappointed with the room, how small it was. However the amount of time spent in the Apartment it didnt bother me.

The room we had was on the top floor and there was a spiral staircase on the balcony which brought us up to our own private sun roof.

The Apartment had the usual, coin operated TV, Safe, fridge, 2 ring cooker, plates, glasses and cutlery.

My only problem was the beds, they were so hard, every morning I had to take painkillers, may have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. Spoke to a few other ...
guests and they were of the same opinion.

The Apartment was spotless, cleaned every day and towels changed every second day. The pool area again was spotless and well maintained. The poolside cafe was nice but a bit expensive (opened from 10.00 to 18.30), we preferred to eat at the Kasbah.

I was happy with the location, central to almost everything, Kasbah, Irish Centre, Yumbo, Beach.

I would definately stay at this Apartment again.

Tour Operator: Budget Travel

matt had a holiday at Koka Apartments Hotel in July 2005
19 of us went over to these delightful apartments and they were majestic.

Tour Operator: jwt

Royster visited the Koka Apartments Hotel in June 2005
Rooms are basic but spotless, cleaned everyday. Pool area is great, abundance of sun loungers and pool is spotless, even saw staff polishing the hand rails and showers beside pool. Although they do have a rule of no lilos or ball games in the water..which is fair for everyone I guess.

Poolside bar serves good food if you don\'t fancy the one minute walk to the Kasbah!

Excellent location for evening entertainment, right beside Kasbah for restaraunts and lively bars. Abundance of Supermarkets and ATM machines close by.
Plaza centre - right beside Kasbah area has more shops and localised nightlife...about 5 minute walk to beach.

Would go back to Koka and recommend it if you don\'t mind basic but clean apartments.

Tour Operator: Budget

Joaquim Martins stayed at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles, Spain in November 2004
I stayed at Koka apartments last November 2004, and my god, if they call these apartments or whatever.

We arrived around 8 pm, the apartments were very dirty, sheets very dirty (includes hairs, blood and awful stains all over the pillow as well), and can you believe?? 3 cockroaches in my bed and bathtub. Disgusting.

We went to the reception to tell our problems, and can you imagine what the receptionist told us?? - There you are, a spray to kill them - is this a hotel???

We had to call the police so that they gave us a complaint book...

One advice, if you plan to go to this awful aparthotel and very stupid staff, please, think twice, instead of thinking twice, think 1.000.000.000 times before you book this place.

Nearby there is a lovely and friendly resort named Las Tartanas bungalow complex.

Tour Operator: Tui - Arka Reisen

Alan had a holiday at Koka Apartments in September 2004
We stayed in a studio which was basic enough and small but otherwise good.

Clean, pool was excellent, pool bar was v.good, good food and service.

In a very good location beside the Kasbah centre but not too noisy.

Tour Operator: Budget Travel

Gibbons stayed at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles in September 2004
When we arrived and saw the apartment for the first time I wanted to go home! It was tiny and claustaphobic!

But the pool made up for this cause it was absolutely beatiful and clean!

If you are looking for a great location then Koka is great its right beside the irish centre and the kasbah!

Tour Operator: JWT

knowingrep had a holiday at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles, Spain in August 2004
The Koka Apartments are what they say they are!! BASIC! They are situated next to the livliest centre in GC and are very close to all amenities including beach, bars and booze.

Dont expect too much but dont settle for too little. The staff are excellent and will help you out. Sr Benitez is the manager and he is very co-operative but only in the right way and that is with the reps. Do things the right way and you will get things sorted.

Tour Operator: All

cassidy had a holiday at Koka Apartments Hotel, Playa Del Ingles in August 2002
We were in a group of 8 & had booked for 4 studio apartments but ended up getting two rooms with four in each, as the rooms which they expected us to stay in were dirty and extremely basic. When we asked to be changed rooms this was not possible and the staff pretended they couldn't understand us and were unwilling to help so we said we weren

Tour Operator: