112 independent reviews of the Bali Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 hotels in Benalmadena

Bali Hotel Bali Hotel is rated 4.12 out of 5 from 112 Reviews

Bali Hotel Reviews

Martin stayed at Bali Hotel in August 2010
3 of us- myself, husband and 13 year old daughter stayed at the Bali Hotel, Benalmadema in August 2010 and we thoroughly enjoyed it. This was our 7th year there. The hotel is on cardiac hill, and is not suitable for the less mobile, but the hotel is central, in a lovely place, close to the beach, Bonanza Square, Paloma Park, (where rabbits and guinea pigs run free, and you can feed the turtles) and Millionaires Marina, which is a wonderful sight. Benalmadema has a lovely long promenade.

We stayed in block 2, this hotel has 3 blocks and has 3 pools on different levels, one of the pools in on a grassed area suitable for toddlers. The hotel is very clean and our room was cleaned daily. We were also given fresh towels daily. We had a hair dryer but ...
no kettle. There were always plenty of sun beds and brollys all day and every day.

The restaurant was exceptional, there was always a wide variety of food at every sittings and the waiters were very friendly. The hotel staff were very friendly, but what made our holiday was the hotels Med Playa team, they were brill, and a very very hard working. The daytime activities were great and the evening entertainment was the best we have ever had, we especially liked Lous, Marek, Grant, Carman and Chloe.

We upgraded to all inclusive when we got there at the hotels reception and it was well worth the money. We used the Sunny View cafe by day and Daniel who worked there was lovely. The only down side with this cafe was, if you were all inclusive it didn't serve much variety, only hot dogs, hamburgers and toasties (unless you paid) and it didn't serve us chips on all inclusive. Come on Bali management, our British kids love their chips, The entertainment area at night was big and the bar staff very friendly and hard working.

We will definatly be returning next year. Well done the Bali.

Elstow had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in August 2009
Small reception, English speaking 24 hours. We were in Bali 1 (there are 3 blocks) this being the original and oldest building. Only 2 lifts accommodating 7 floors, we were on floor 7, one lift often breaking down. The whole site is built on a steep incline so many steps to overcome if you wanted to move around.

Fantastic views if you are not afraid of heights. We
had free child place so expected room to be cramped. Very hard uncomfortable beds, small TV fixed to wall above child bed which was loose and did not look at all safe. Beds made up and clean towels every day.

Two pool areas boasting fantastic clean deep pools and 2 further kiddies pools. Lifeguards on duty 10.00 to 18.00 each day. Pool areas clean, safe ...
and plenty of loungers, no need to get up before 10.00 to rush to reserve beds even in August.

Animation Team worked tiredlessly, encouraging audience participation but not too pushy. Evening entertainment was fab, something for everyone. We were only there for one week, but recommend \"We will rock you\" (Queen tribute) and \"Michael Jackson\" shows. Mini disco for youngsters each night, free Bingo, show then late disco.

Safe box 2 euros daily with a 3 euros deposit.

The hill is steep but after a few times up and down believe me it does get easier and less painful. I just thought of those calories I was burning!

The only really bad side to this hotel is the bar staff. They were always miserable, slow and quite rude at times. Queues most of the day/evening - they were just not in any hurry to serve unless you were Spanish. We were All Inclusive which meant we were only allowed two drinks (alcoholic or not) at one time, not good if you want drinks for the children or one parent families - you have to queue up again. I wanted 2 lemonades for my husband and I and a water for my son, the waiter had a go at me and told me next time to queue up for the water! Be warned the AI finishes at 12 midnight and is not available at all bars at all times so check before you order. Equally the pool bar times are 10.30 to 12.30 but we did not see it open before 11.15 but they would certainly shut the bar spot on time.

All in all, we consider this hotel a typical 3 star, you pay for what you get, it was clean, food plenty to choose from but not always my choice. Pool areas very clean and safe, with the cleanest pool toilets I have ever used. Mainly British and Spanish staying here.

Tour Operator: First Choice

Elstow stayed at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in August 2009

Fantastic views if you are not afraid of heights. We

Safe box 2 euros daily with a 3 euros deposit.

Tour Operator: First Choice

Jack visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in April 2009
The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable but the hallways were very tired and needing decorated. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. I can\'t comment on entertainment as we never stayed in to watch it. This hotel would have been ideal if the food was edible in fact it was totally disgusting to say the least not much variety either. If you like stewed kidneys, fish, soup that tastes like water with a stock cube in it or vindaloo curries you would like it. I will never, never, never return to this hotel.

Tour Operator: travel republic

g wyatt had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in January 2009
We visited the Bali in jan 2009 this was my 2nd visit in 3 years.The staff are very friendly and will accomodate any request if possable.The hotel is exceptionally clean we always saw staff cleaning.The food was ok always hot but could be a better selection, but my husband reckons its the best bacon he has ever eaten abroad, you always had a choice of a full english at breakfast.The rooms were lovely flat screen t.v on wall clean towels and fully cleaned room every day.Now the hill it is a little steep but trust me there were people in their 80\'s and had no problem.The holiday we felt was excellent and anyone travelling to this hotel will have nothing to worry about.

Tour Operator: freedom direct

roberts stayed at Bali Hotel in November 2008
thehotel was of a standard expected from higher stars than its own;to obtain the quality of food like we have seen on two visits speaks to my-self of good staff reqruitment my wife is qualified in the art of food at colledge in the city of coventry at henly school of catering and she does admit to your standards as to be exellent also.

Tour Operator: thomascooks

Lynn visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in October 2008
The Hotel Bali is a standard three star family hotel.
The rooms are a bit tired and could do with updating, although they are clean and the maid service was very good. Same for the bathroom ie marks in the bath. But the cleanliness was very good with clean towels every day.

There were always sun loungers available around both pools, but you still get the idiots putting their towels out at ungodly hours!! (British!!)

The food was typical decent hotel food, always something most pepole would like, nothing outstanding though.

All in all a good value hotel for the price you pay.

glen sarah & charlie visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in August 2008
On arrival at the Bali our first impressions were good.
On being allocated our room I was a little disapointed at the decor it looked alittle jaded and in need of brightening up , but it was clean with enough wardrobe space and a bath and shower . After all its only a baseto sleep.
The restaurant was clean and very well organised and during our stay the food was of a good standard with plenty of choice and a variety of main courses . salads etc,there were a couple of occasions that the food was,nt very child friendly.
The pool area was clean and seemed to have plenty of beds and parasols and lifeguard on duty from 10-6 daily.
Daily entertainment around the pool was fun, loud and generally for all, Victor and the team were wonderful.
In the evening mini disco and games ...
for the kids and a very good show each night quite hilarious at times.
We were on the front of the hotel and it was a little noisy at times but not if you had the balcony door closed.

Tony visited the Bali Hotel in August 2008
On arrival at the Bali we had a 30 minute wait as our apartment was not ready for us. Not a good start but the staff were full of apologies. We have stayed in The Bali before but this was our fist time in the apartments.

When we got to our room our first impressions were good until we saw the balcony. It was just big enough for 2 people to stand on and because of the way the building faces we got no sun on it after 10 in the morning.

The room itself was fine. Cooker, fridge and toaster provided along with a TV. The bathroom was of a good size.

We did eat in the hotel a few times and at 5 euros for breakfast and 11 euros for the evening meal great value for money. If you booked both ...
you got it at 15 euros per peson. The food is of a high standard.

After a few days hitch number 2. The card which acts as your key to the room would not open the door. Long trek to receiption to get it reset.

Hitch number 3 was getting the safe reset as that stopped working as well. Hitch number 4 soon followed when we retuned one night and all the lights in the passage way were off. Repoted it to eception and thought things would be sorted out. Next night we were greeted by a security guard with a torch as lights were still off.

Hitch number 5 was the safe packing up all together and we had to put our passports etc in the safe at reception. Antonia at reception was very helpful with the safe and she gave me a refund on the room safe.

Hitch number 6 came when the door key failed again. This time at 2 in the morning so another long tek back to reception to get it reset.

The entertainment team work long, long hours every day. They eventually take no for an answer when you tell them that you dont want to go pistol shooting or play wate polo. On a night time we saw about 1/4 of a show as watching people mime to a CD is not our idea of entertainment.

I would ask the Bali to stop the entertainment team entering the dining room asking people to come and watch their show when people are eating their evening meal.

I have put that I would retun to The Bali but it will have to be in a few years time. Staff 100% professional and give all their guests a 100% service. The hotel is in need of modernisation again.

Tour Operator: Jet 2

Gillian phil louise had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in February 2008
Weather good for February- hot enough to sunbathe, although it had rained before we got there for 2 weeks we were told.
Food- plenty of choice and hot
entertainment- not as much on as in the summer months but not bad, bongo, quizzes, magic show, parrot show, flamenco and vaious singers
cheapest drinks ive known in a hotel

woody visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in January 2008
OK food is a bit cold, so use microwave for 30 secs. Most I spoke too say that breakfast was the best meal of the day. Night time food was fine. But when you have had a few beers night before. You always look forward to morning.

Top floor room over looking hill road. Only thing is you can hear the drunks coming up the hill going home. Plus people in the hotel shouting as they walk across car park bit.( we are talking 60 + thought I was Ibiza?. Most nights. Apart from that you can smoke inside hotel.

Nice big room. With aircon. Rooms are cleaned basic. They missed a few things off that

Tour Operator: tui

Jones had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in December 2007
This 3 star hotel has 5 star food, excellent hotel rooms, entertainment very poor but Pickwicks Bar down the hill is good for a laugh.

Cardiac hill is steep mind you but I've got angina and managed it would stay at this hotel again no problem.

carly had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in November 2007
A group of us went for a long weekend at this hotel.The hotel its self is lovely.The hill wasnt as bad as i thought.The food was excellent.I couldnt fault the hotel at all and i will be returning here again.

Tour Operator: portland dirct

m aston visited the Bali Hotel in November 2007
A great family hotel ran by good staff. The studios were very spacious and clean. There were two big wardrobes and plenty of storage space so even for five of us there was plenty of space. The beds were very comfortable especially the sofa-bed which was very large both to sit and sleep on. Plenty to do for the kids and adults alike, two pools and a kids pool. There were far to many disease carrying pigeons and to many loonatics feeding them. Also you were contantly being pestered by flies although this was the same throughout the resort, Good bars close by but everything was up or down a very steep hill. All the staff were helpfull and friendly. it took a while to get the hang of the layout of the Hotel/studios as there were several annexes ...
and levels but you soon get the hang of it. The weather was excellent, nice and warm
I would go back to this hotel.

Tour Operator: portland direct

charles hemingway had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in November 2007
just got back from the bali, it is at the top of a steep but not too long a hill, there are a few bars on the way up if you want a rest and a refreshment or two, I tried the cheap lager at

william visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in November 2007
a good hotel we had a weekend here and all would come again,
food was some of the best we\'ve had in any spain.
there is a big hill out side after a day or two most able body person can get up ok.
went out after our meal to local bars which you were spoilt for choice.

Tour Operator: thompson

Dave Batley had a holiday at Bali Hotel, Benalmadena, Spain in October 2007
The hotel was a good family hotel ,clean and tidy,the tv had BBC1,ITV3.and SKY news,and movies at certain times of day.The pool area was tidy plenty of sunbeds,various games poolside organised by ents team.The staff were friendly and helpful.A few too many pigeons about,though some guests encourage them by feeding them.Some people were even feeding them on their own balconys.The resort is not the cleanest, dog fouling on pavements is common.The marina area is great and a must to visit,also the walk along the beach front.The park is good for kids with animals and birds,rabbits,hens guinea fowl,roaming free.The lake in the bottom has terrapins,and plenty of carp,take a tin of sweetcorn with you the carp will appear.The resort contains some good eateries,the best we found was capriccio in Bonanza Square,though the chinese was good also,there are two in the square ...
it is the busy one you want.Down from the hotel near the bottom on left are a row of small bars.One of which sells lager @ 80c a pint.another at one euro.All in all we enjoyed our stay,but as two arthritis sufferers the hill got the better of us.Next time on the costa del sol,we will head for Fuengirola its flatter.ie the Skegness of the costa.

hayley visited the Bali Hotel in September 2007
myself my husband and 2 children aged 10 and 2 just arrived home from a week at hotel bali.

arrived at the hotel at about 10 pm and was suprised the hotel had kept us a meal , we really enjoyed and was not expecting.

our first impression of the hotel was not that great because some parts of the hotel are very basic but everywhere was very clean but once we had settled we could not fault it

we hired a fridge for 5 euro a day and got water and drinks from the supermarket. the staff behind the bar excellent and the waiters were too.

would def recommend going half board was really worried because we are quite fussy eaters but have never seen us all eat so much in one week.

the spanish entertainment team were brilliant with kids they did ...
not stop never really seen much of the thomson reps, not like when we have gone before but 10 out of 10 to the spanish kids loved them. the hill is not that bad

Helen Tracy newbury had a holiday at Bali Hotel in September 2007
rooms cleaned everyday room,we were at front of hotel so was very noisy with delivery drivers, coaches to and from airport all hours and the laundry man 2 hours plus to load and unload wagon also bottle bin empties, thought there was a crash with the noise. hotel up a steep bank when diverting to streets off main area dog dirt wrecked cars abandoned buildings boarded up with graffiti not a pleasant place beach was ok but a hoard of steps to get up and down with a baby proved tedius not geared for children with hills and steps all over. the park was the best for us with its mad range of animals living in it chickens rabbits cats ducks etc. reps not helpful when theres a problem couldnt get a fridge had none left yet we had a ...
toddler with us, food was typical in restaurant altogether never again benidorm seems like hollywood against this place

Tour Operator: thomsons

L. Rutherford visited the Bali Hotel, Benalmadena in September 2007
Just returned from the lovely hotel. The staff were polite and very helpful. I emailed them prior to arrival and requested a room on level 7 or 8 with a sea view. The room we received was exactly what I had requested. Our maid was lovely and the room was cleaned daily. My 7 yr. Old Grandson enjoyed the Kids Club and it gave us a few hours to ourselves. The food was excellent and catered for every palette. We have put on a few pounds but it was worth it! There is a steep hill from the main road up to the Hotel but if you take your time it\'s not that bad. We knew about the hill before booking the hotel - every brochure or the hotel website mentions it. We spoke to two couples ...
who had rooms at the front where it was a bit noisy. Both couples asked for a room exchange and they were moved within the hour. I have to compliment Victor and his entertainment team. They worked non stop from morning till late night and were still smiling. Extremely nice, friendly people who gave their all every single day. Anyone thinking of going to this hotel will not be disappointed. Of course, you cannot please everyone, there will always be the moaners but I think if you look at the overall ratings for this hotel, that says it all. We will be back next year for definite.