Bali Hotel

• Food
  • Location
Martin
5 years 10 months ago
3 of us- myself, husband and 13 year old daughter stayed at the Bali Hotel, Benalmadema in August 2010 and we thoroughly enjoyed it. This was our 7th year there. The hotel is on cardiac hill, and is not suitable for the less mobile, but the hotel is central, in a lovely place, close to the beach, Bonanza Square, Paloma Park, (where rabbits and guinea pigs run free, and you can feed the turtles) and Millionaires Marina, which is a wonderful sight. Benalmadema has a lovely long promenade.

We stayed in block 2, this hotel has 3 blocks and has 3 pools on different levels, one of the pools in on a grassed area suitable for toddlers. The hotel is very clean and our room was cleaned daily. We were also given fresh towels daily. We had a hair dryer but no kettle. There were always plenty of sun beds and brollys all day and every day.

The restaurant was exceptional, there was always a wide variety of food at every sittings and the waiters were very friendly. The hotel staff were very friendly, but what made our holiday was the hotels Med Playa team, they were brill, and a very very hard working. The daytime activities were great and the evening entertainment was the best we have ever had, we especially liked Lous, Marek, Grant, Carman and Chloe.

We upgraded to all inclusive when we got there at the hotels reception and it was well worth the money. We used the Sunny View cafe by day and Daniel who worked there was lovely. The only down side with this cafe was, if you were all inclusive it didn't serve much variety, only hot dogs, hamburgers and toasties (unless you paid) and it didn't serve us chips on all inclusive. Come on Bali management, our British kids love their chips, The entertainment area at night was big and the bar staff very friendly and hard working.

We will definatly be returning next year. Well done the Bali.
6 years 9 months ago
Small reception, English speaking 24 hours. We were in Bali 1 (there are 3 blocks) this being the original and oldest building. Only 2 lifts accommodating 7 floors, we were on floor 7, one lift often breaking down. The whole site is built on a steep incline so many steps to overcome if you wanted to move around.

Fantastic views if you are not afraid of heights. We
had free child place so expected room to be cramped. Very hard uncomfortable beds, small TV fixed to wall above child bed which was loose and did not look at all safe. Beds made up and clean towels every day.

Two pool areas boasting fantastic clean deep pools and 2 further kiddies pools. Lifeguards on duty 10.00 to 18.00 each day. Pool areas clean, safe and plenty of loungers, no need to get up before 10.00 to rush to reserve beds even in August.

Animation Team worked tiredlessly, encouraging audience participation but not too pushy. Evening entertainment was fab, something for everyone. We were only there for one week, but recommend "We will rock you" (Queen tribute) and "Michael Jackson" shows. Mini disco for youngsters each night, free Bingo, show then late disco.

Safe box 2 euros daily with a 3 euros deposit.

The hill is steep but after a few times up and down believe me it does get easier and less painful. I just thought of those calories I was burning!

The only really bad side to this hotel is the bar staff. They were always miserable, slow and quite rude at times. Queues most of the day/evening - they were just not in any hurry to serve unless you were Spanish. We were All Inclusive which meant we were only allowed two drinks (alcoholic or not) at one time, not good if you want drinks for the children or one parent families - you have to queue up again. I wanted 2 lemonades for my husband and I and a water for my son, the waiter had a go at me and told me next time to queue up for the water! Be warned the AI finishes at 12 midnight and is not available at all bars at all times so check before you order. Equally the pool bar times are 10.30 to 12.30 but we did not see it open before 11.15 but they would certainly shut the bar spot on time.

All in all, we consider this hotel a typical 3 star, you pay for what you get, it was clean, food plenty to choose from but not always my choice. Pool areas very clean and safe, with the cleanest pool toilets I have ever used. Mainly British and Spanish staying here.
6 years 9 months ago

Fantastic views if you are not afraid of heights. We

Safe box 2 euros daily with a 3 euros deposit.

Jack
7 years 1 month ago
The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable but the hallways were very tired and needing decorated. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. I can't comment on entertainment as we never stayed in to watch it. This hotel would have been ideal if the food was edible in fact it was totally disgusting to say the least not much variety either. If you like stewed kidneys, fish, soup that tastes like water with a stock cube in it or vindaloo curries you would like it. I will never, never, never return to this hotel.
G Wyatt
7 years 4 months ago
We visited the Bali in jan 2009 this was my 2nd visit in 3 years.The staff are very friendly and will accomodate any request if possable.The hotel is exceptionally clean we always saw staff cleaning.The food was ok always hot but could be a better selection, but my husband reckons its the best bacon he has ever eaten abroad, you always had a choice of a full english at breakfast.The rooms were lovely flat screen t.v on wall clean towels and fully cleaned room every day.Now the hill it is a little steep but trust me there were people in their 80's and had no problem.The holiday we felt was excellent and anyone travelling to this hotel will have nothing to worry about.
Roberts
7 years 6 months ago
thehotel was of a standard expected from higher stars than its own;to obtain the quality of food like we have seen on two visits speaks to my-self of good staff reqruitment my wife is qualified in the art of food at colledge in the city of coventry at henly school of catering and she does admit to your standards as to be exellent also.
Lynn
7 years 7 months ago
The Hotel Bali is a standard three star family hotel.
The rooms are a bit tired and could do with updating, although they are clean and the maid service was very good. Same for the bathroom ie marks in the bath. But the cleanliness was very good with clean towels every day.

There were always sun loungers available around both pools, but you still get the idiots putting their towels out at ungodly hours!! (British!!)

The food was typical decent hotel food, always something most pepole would like, nothing outstanding though.

All in all a good value hotel for the price you pay.
Glen Sarah & Charlie
7 years 9 months ago
On arrival at the Bali our first impressions were good.
On being allocated our room I was a little disapointed at the decor it looked alittle jaded and in need of brightening up , but it was clean with enough wardrobe space and a bath and shower . After all its only a baseto sleep.
The restaurant was clean and very well organised and during our stay the food was of a good standard with plenty of choice and a variety of main courses . salads etc,there were a couple of occasions that the food was,nt very child friendly.
The pool area was clean and seemed to have plenty of beds and parasols and lifeguard on duty from 10-6 daily.
Daily entertainment around the pool was fun, loud and generally for all, Victor and the team were wonderful.
In the evening mini disco and games for the kids and a very good show each night quite hilarious at times.
We were on the front of the hotel and it was a little noisy at times but not if you had the balcony door closed.
Tony
7 years 9 months ago
On arrival at the Bali we had a 30 minute wait as our apartment was not ready for us. Not a good start but the staff were full of apologies. We have stayed in The Bali before but this was our fist time in the apartments.

When we got to our room our first impressions were good until we saw the balcony. It was just big enough for 2 people to stand on and because of the way the building faces we got no sun on it after 10 in the morning.

The room itself was fine. Cooker, fridge and toaster provided along with a TV. The bathroom was of a good size.

We did eat in the hotel a few times and at 5 euros for breakfast and 11 euros for the evening meal great value for money. If you booked both you got it at 15 euros per peson. The food is of a high standard.

After a few days hitch number 2. The card which acts as your key to the room would not open the door. Long trek to receiption to get it reset.

Hitch number 3 was getting the safe reset as that stopped working as well. Hitch number 4 soon followed when we retuned one night and all the lights in the passage way were off. Repoted it to eception and thought things would be sorted out. Next night we were greeted by a security guard with a torch as lights were still off.

Hitch number 5 was the safe packing up all together and we had to put our passports etc in the safe at reception. Antonia at reception was very helpful with the safe and she gave me a refund on the room safe.

Hitch number 6 came when the door key failed again. This time at 2 in the morning so another long tek back to reception to get it reset.

The entertainment team work long, long hours every day. They eventually take no for an answer when you tell them that you dont want to go pistol shooting or play wate polo. On a night time we saw about 1/4 of a show as watching people mime to a CD is not our idea of entertainment.

I would ask the Bali to stop the entertainment team entering the dining room asking people to come and watch their show when people are eating their evening meal.

I have put that I would retun to The Bali but it will have to be in a few years time. Staff 100% professional and give all their guests a 100% service. The hotel is in need of modernisation again.
Gillian Phil Louise
8 years 3 months ago
Weather good for February- hot enough to sunbathe, although it had rained before we got there for 2 weeks we were told.
Food- plenty of choice and hot
entertainment- not as much on as in the summer months but not bad, bongo, quizzes, magic show, parrot show, flamenco and vaious singers
cheapest drinks ive known in a hotel
Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below: