Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
littlemissgreedy,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Personally, I choose not to fly long haul with Monarch with their limited seat pitch and basic IFE compared to Thomas Cook and Thomson Airways, but that's just me. Seat pitch at 29/30" is tight on a 10 hour flight but up to 2005, that was the norm on charter airlines. Monarch are a good airline, it's just they are lagging behind the times and compeition a little these days. You'll have good flights, it's just their A332's aren't as roomy as the competition. There's extra legroom seating for a little extra, about £80 return from memory.

Darren
Thank you very much for your reply, that's my concern on quite a long flight. Thomson's/First Choice seem really good for a charter, more room than Virgin's economy.

Regards

LMG
Hi , flying monarch from manchester to tenerife south in april, flight nmbr ZB 564 outbound and ZB 565 on return, please could anyone tell me what type plane we are on ? Years since we've flown with monarch !
Just wondering ( out of interest) why the flight numbers start with ZB ?
thanks in advance guys !
juby 5,

MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB564/5) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 or A300B4-605R depending on the dates of travel. It's normally the larger aircraft on the Friday flight. ZB is the flight prefix for Monarch Schedule, MON is the prefix for Monarch Charter.

Darren
Thanks very much Darren, we are flying on tues 12th april .
juby 5,

Tuesday 12th April is showing as an Airbus A321-200 for the ZB564/5.

Darren
Hi we have a good deal flying with monarch from gatwick 10 th september to florida (sandford) flight number 328 and 329 return
as anyone travelled with monarch? do they have screens in the seat backs? what aircraft will it be? sorry for all the
questions but not been to florida before
jojam5 wrote:
as anyone travelled with monarch?

This topic is full of people who have travelled with Monarch! Flights are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Flown with Monarch a few times now but went to Cyprus on one on Boxing day 2010 and they plane we got was the only one in the fleet with no TV's on at all. We even asked if they were turning into a budget airline like easy jet and Ryanair and the steward just said no - this is the only aeroplane they have with no TV's - but is it going to be their last ??????
Wasn't happy that it was a 4 1/2 hour flight and no inflight entertainment but then got the usual drop down TV's on the way home but not that entertaining and it was turned off about an hour before we landed.... Cabin crew very nice though......
Flew with them to Lanzarote in September. No IFE on the outbound but there was on the return. No problem to us as we never bother with it unless on long haul.
No complaints - have booked again with them for this September.
hi i am flying to gran canaria on 28th may 2011 from manchester on monarch flight zb612 and returning on 4th june 2011 , zb613 any idea what type of aircraft i will be flying on ?
joshed,

MAN-LPA-MAN (ZB612/3) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
We've booked a package thro' Cosmos with ZB flights out to TFS in August. According to the Monarch website we can't check in online as we didn't book online, so we have to do airport check in.

Does anyone know how long before flight departure do the checkin desks open(we are flying from BHX).

Also, when we booked, nothing was mentioned about booking seats together. We are 2 adults, and 2 kids aged 4 and 7. I do not want to pay for seats together, and assume that they won't split us up completely - I don't mind if we are 2 and 2 or even 3 and 1, and one of us gets 2 hours of peace before we swap!
My husband is cabin crew (for a different airline) and said if it happened on his flights, he would just ask passengers to move around, to ensure that the children are seated next to at least one of the adults they are travelling with.
Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks for your help.
confusinme,

Check-in opens 4 hours before for your flight normally, but desks are open from the early hours. Uless you pre-book seating together or select your seat (at extra cost), there is always a risk of being split-up. Providing you check-in early though, you should be fine. Cabin crew may put out a request to ask passengers to move to allow a family to sit together, but if there are no volunteers, there's little you can do. Cabin crew can't make anyone moves seats for this reason, they can only request.

Darren
IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT LISTINGS FOR FEB 2011 - APR 2011

SHORT HAUL - TV ONLY
(In-flight entertainment is shown only on the following routes: Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece & Greek Islands, Egypt, Cyprus and selected ad-hoc flights)

OUTBOUND

Rev - Series 1 Episode 2

Undercover Boss - Series 2, The Jockey Club

Luther - Series 1 Episode 2

My Family - Series 10 Episode 2, The Son'll come out

INBOUND

The Thick of It - Series 3 Episode 2

Top Gear - Series 15 Episode 5

Heston's Feasts - Series 2, Episode 5

Cultural Flavours - Episode 7 Greece

LONG HAUL MOVIES
(incl. Sanford, Maldives, Goa, the Gambia, Mombassa, Grenada and Tobago, Cancun)

OUTBOUND

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps - Edited
Cast: Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Carey Mulligan
Director: Oliver Stone
Rating: PG-13
Runtime: 130
Genre: Drama

Megamind
Cast: Brad Pitt, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey
Director: Tom Mcgrath
Rating: PG
Runtime: 96
Genre: Animation

INBOUND

Unstoppable - Edited
Cast: Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, Rosario Dawson
Director: Tony Scott
Runtime: 99
Genre: Action, Thriller

The Switch - Edited
Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Jeff Goldblum
Director: Josh Gordon, Will Speck
Runtime: 100
Genre: Comedy

A330 PREMIUM FILMS

OUTBOUND

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps - Edited
Cast: Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Carey Mulligan
Director: Oliver Stone
Runtime: 130

Megamind
Cast: Brad Pitt, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey
Director: Tom Mcgrath
Runtime: 96
Genre: Animation

The Town- Edited
Cast: Ben Affleck, Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm
Director: Ben Affleck
Rating: R
Runtime: 122
Genre: Action. Drama

Red - Edited
Cast: Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren
Director: Robert Schwentke
Runtime: 111
Genre: Comedy, Action, Drama

Made In Dagenham- Edited
Cast: Sally Hawkins, Bob Hoskins, Miranda Richardson
Director: Nigel Cole
Runtime: 113

Alpha & Omega - Edited
Cast: Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Dennis Hopper
Director: Anthony Bell, Ben Gluck
Runtime: 88
Genre: Family, Animation, Adventure, Comedy

INBOUND

Unstoppable - Edited
Cast: Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, Rosario Dawson
Director: Tony Scott
Runtime: 99
Genre: Action, Thriller

The Switch - Edited
Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Jeff Goldblum
Director: Josh Gordon, Will Speck
Runtime: 100
Genre: Comedy

The Expendables - Edited
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke
Director: Sylvester Stallone
Runtime: 103
Genre: Action

The Social Network - Edited
Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake
Director: David Fincher
Runtime: 119
Genre: Comedy, Drama

Never Let Me Go - Edited
Cast: Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield
Director: Mark Romanek
Runtime: 103

Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole
Cast: Emily Barclay, Abbie Cornish, Emilie de Ravin
Director: Zack Snyder
Runtime: 97
Genre: Animation, Family
MOBILE PHONE ON AIRPLANE MODE

Do Monarch allow you to use your mobile phone as an mp3 player if it is in AIRPLANE MODE?
I know it has to be switched off for TO/AL. Have emailed them but as yet not had a reply back, I know some airlines do not allow you to do this, hence the question.
dojoman43,

Yes, you are allowed to use your mobile in flight/offline mode in-flight, just not during take off, descent and landing as you rightly pointed out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.