Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
New review on trip advisor and its very very good :D
so whos flying out on monday then? what time and which airport...only 2 more days to go pp here we come :D
We fly monday 8.55 from Newcastle. 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 9. Been up early stripped the beds while they were still sleeping in them and the washers going full blast. Got to take the guinea pig to the pet shop for its holidays then finish packing the cases. The weather is looking better.
we also travel monday from birmingham-staying at the tropical
we fly at 7am from gatwick, see you there :D
Looks like its up to you XxstephiexX to get the drinks in :D
We,ve just returned from Hotel Tropical after having a excellent week,For those of you who were asking about using Palce Falcilties its no problems we asked reception when we got there & was told use what you want & we saw alot of Palace guests using the Tropical,I will go on to say the Tropical is a more relaxing hotel & with a more personal touch & not so many childern as its sister hotel.........
no probs laudan, let me know what everyone is drinking...i will be the one who looks like the alcoholic...lol
XxstephiexX
They will love me on all inclusive I dont like lager or wine so Ive got 8 cans of cider and 8 bottles of smirnof ice in my case to drink during the day!! Ill be the one walking around with the same clothes all week, no room left in my case after that lot. :glynis
hey all, just joined today

how bad r the bugs? i fly out on the 4th June. my friend im going with she doesnt like bugs at all and ive heard mosquitoes r quite bad.. better be making a trip to asda for insect repellent me thinks.

havent read much about cockroaches in turkey, i presume theyr not as common as they are in spain and the canaries.. this is both our first time to turkey.

*Edit welcome to HT please could you refrain from posting in phone text thanks Briar
anyone who's just got back what's the weather like at mo, we fly out tomorrow!!!!
Got a text this morning from my friend who is in Dalyan. She flew out Friday night and Saturday was sunny in the morning with a few clouds on the afternoon but hot enough to sunbath. She text me 8.45 turkish time today (woke me up) and she was sitting on the balcony having her breakfast and it was red hot.
im the same as you laudan, i dont like wine or beer, im not really a fan of vodka and im not sure about the schnapps lol...im off to a good start already :lol:
My friend is due back from here tomorrow. She's text me a few times and she says the weather is about 35 degrees.
You can use tropical and palace sites, she says tropical is quieter but lots of germans/swedish, she's not good with accents.
We were at the tropical in 2005 and really enjoyed it. Actually, one of the best holidays we have had.
Hope everyone who is going, has a good a time as what we did. Booked up for the HV in Egypt next year.
just loading the car heading off for lunch & to the airport see you all there & a report on our return.

thanks for all the advice.
turkey here we come
hi first post ive written but read all the time.we're off to holiday village 18th june .me hubby 2 boys 12 and 8.Any others going that time. can anyone tell me if there are kettles in the rooms ,stayed at the costa del sol village last year and there was. thanks
Hi Samantha,

No kettles or anything in the rooms here I'm afraid. Reason being that this hotel does not offer a self catering options, so no need for it, unlike the CDS hv.

There are tea/coffee machines at all the bars and restaurants though and you can take one back to your room. You're not supposed to but everyone does! :lol:

HTH

Catherine x
Hi samanthar6 - If you are going for 2 weeks, then our paths will cross. I am arriving with my wife and two kids 11 & 8 on the 25th June and we are all there for two weeks. We are travelling with my wife's Sister and her family and there will be 7 of us in total.
hi samantha we travel on the 14th june myself and my wife and 2 girls 12 & 11 first time in turkey and first time staying at a holiday village although managed to sneak past security at costa del sol for a day last year. looking forward to it though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.