Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Booking.com
9 Posts
Used them last year for a holiday to Fuerteventura. Got a free upgrade from the 4* Elba Sara to the 5* Sheraton, and am using them this year for a week's stay at the Marina Park in Lagos.
I like the fact that no payment has to be made until checkout.
Has anyone ever booked with this company? If so what it ok? & what way did the payment for the hotel work as booking.com dont charge you anything when booking
This is a late reply but I have used booking.com twice and they have been fine.
They take your credit/debit card details at the time of reserving your hotel as a guarantee, the hotel takes your payment whilst you are staying there.
Just wondering if anyone has ever used this company, and if so was the experience good or bad!

Ive just booked a hotel in Madeira through them for August 08. Ive always used wsh when going DIY before, but booking.com was significantly cheaper on this occasion.

The thing that puzzles me most is that they dont take a deposit and you pay on arrival at hotel. Is that normal practice? - Im used to having to pay in advance !
Haven't used them personaly but a couple of people on the Algarve Forum here recommended them to me. ( I ended up using WSH though, for other reasons not that I found out anything untoward about booking.com)

One of the reasons people like them is that you don't pay till check out. Very few companies offer this as an option.
I use booking.com for most of my DIY travel. In fact just booked 2 hotels in Spain this afternoon.
Hassle free, they get some really good deals. Pay at check out.
Hi,has anyone used this company before?
The good thing about them is you don't have to pay up front when you book a hotel.
Any news on them would be great.
Thanks Mark.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.