Holiday Gems are the worst Travel Company I have every had the misfortune to deal with.
I booked for 10nights. Flights and Accommadation to Portugal When I receiced my Travel Itinerary my flights were correct, but accommodation was booked for only 7nights. I immediatly telephoned and was told to ignore this booking and I would be sent correct booking in return post
I waited, then sent e-mails still no new travel Itinerary arrived.
This was not the only problem I encountered. I sent more e-mails telling them that the money I had paid for my holiday had not been deducted from my bank account. I was assured I had paid and new Travel Itinerary was in the post This went on for weeks I sent 6or7 e-mails,again about incorrect accomodation and still no money had been deducted from my account.
Then after 6wks I was told that the money for my holiday had been debited from someone else,s account . This has now been rectified, but has caused me alot of unecassary stress.
Has anyone else had similar problems
Fortunatly the holiday was Great. Monarch flights,our transfers and our accomadation where all excellent Mihalis