Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
morning all tried photo galleries just got blue screen???? :roll:
Don't worry they're still there. Haven't been on for quite a while now but have been reading with interest. Jumped ship a couple of weeks ago now and was also one of the ones who gave their name to BBC. Still off to kos but different place, will take some time in my holiday to visit the KABC whilst there, just to have a nose for maybe next years holiday! Trying at the moment to use the video recorder ready for thursday as i'm gonna be out watching the children play football, know i should have learnt to use the dam thing earlier! :bhead
Hi all,

I've been watching this forum for the last few days (it's taken me that long to read it all!) :yikes What a rollercoaster!! Roll on Thursday, if it wasn't for you all I'd be flying out thinking everything was up and ready!

There are 4 of us going, me and Hubby plus two boys aged 5 and 2, flying out from Gatwick on May 31st at 7.10am. Glad to see so many other children going, my eldest will love meeting everyone.

Would love to meet up with some of you when we're out there for a drink - I think we all need one after this run up to our holidays :lol:
Barcadi Mick!!! A man after my own heart...lets hope that they have plenty of bottles behind the bar eh!!!!

Only one more sleep!!!

Anyone who hasn't got MSN and use Yahoo messaging give me your email address and I will add you to my contacts and you will be able to join the chat i'm sure.

Matt are you going to join in? May be good feedback on there?

Lisa
Not sure if you remember my post saying my flights were now 3hrs later both ways.

I have been trying for days to get through to customer services.

I just got through and they have changed them back free of charged.

They changed them because my original flight now has a supplement, but have agreed to reinstate free of charge.

oh and asked about the double beds and they say the connecting rooms still have doubles.
8) :P Thank you mrsqaz for letting me know about the timing of the Holiday show on BBC. Have set the Sky+!
Need to see the show to get some answers, as FC will never tell anything resembling the truth.
Hi JenMcG. We are going on 31st too, from Bristol. There are 3 couples in our party, each with 2 kids. 5 boys aged 11 and 12, and a girl of 9.

We'll see you there for a drink!(Hopefully) :sun :glynis :sun

Sam
Hiya Mick/Lisa,

We went to the Blue Bay Escape resort, Corfu last June (similar all incl. deal from FC) and im sorry to report that bacardi or even the local version of, wasnt included as 'apparently' the greeks dont make it.

My missus only drinks B & C and we ended up buying a bottle at the supermarket & sticking it in a coke bottle for when she wanted a drink.

KABC might be different & they might include it this time round though :? .

The beer at Blue Bay was Lowenbrau & served in little plastic cups at the pool bar - like you get out of a coffee machine, and you were limited to getting 4 drinks per person per trip (you can go up as much as you liked tho).

I reckon with there being 5 bars they will at least have a bit more selection & diff cups etc as the Blue Bay only had 2 bars.

If the food at KABC is the same as Blue Bay i'll have no complaints tho coz it was fantastic!

My missus says Hi to all the June 14thers.
Hiya

I went to Kos a couple of years ago all inclusive, and there was plenty of bacaradi!!! well there was until I got there!! It was there local brand but it was ok, the diet coke wasn't "proper" diet coke though...and the drinks were at least trebles!!!

Food was great but by the end of a week I couldn't stand the site of meat!!!
I know FC are desperate but they are taking the p!!s now. Over the last few months (and I am sure I am not alone) I have been keeping an eye on the prices.

Now quote me if im wrong but I thought that if you booked early you get all these fantastic discounts and free child places.

Well I have just looked today and you can go to the KABC on 05/07 for 2 weeks AI for a staggering £1800 and thats in a Suite with a Kids Den and NO free child places!

Now I am sure the majority are like us and have paid alot more than that just for a standard room. Don't get me wrong if you can get it for that price than great you have got a bargain. But what about everyone else who has gone though hell with this holiday and paid staggering amounts.

Surely FC should not be able to sell at below the standard room price?? :rage
If you are travelling in the next few months then it is classed as late deal.

If they have rooms left they will sell them lower, with all the reviews that have made people cancel then they would need to sell them.

I am going 9th August, I checked a few times and it went up by loads - next years prices are couple of hundred more per person than I paid.

My dates are now fully booked (last time I looked)

The risk of waiting for a late deal is you only get what is left and could risk paying more - it is chance that some people take.

Guaranteed you saw somewhere a year before and knew when exactly you wanted to go, and you wait and it goes up or goes all together
I fully agree with you ajenkins!! I think it is wrong. The last time I checked our holiday price out it was around £500 cheaper. To go the same time next year is also alot cheaper. It does seem unfair to those of us who booked early to get a good deal (or at least that's what we thought!)

First Choice just seem to be a complete joke on all levels! :rage
It does get worse every day...I daren't re-price my holiday...I paid about £1400 I think for myself and two children...........now I'm really unhappy..xxxx I'm also worried about the banging of heads extra on the slides...will there be swimguards or something around????
I hope so Lisa. My son is 11 and a fairly confident and strong swimmer but by my daughter is only 9 and not such a strong swimmer. I'm wondering whether I'll actually be able to relax at the poolside or if I'll be up and down off my sunbed looking out and checking on them. :(

If the water park is as it looks in the brochure it will be quite hard to get them to stay within sight all of the time.

Let's look on the bright side and presume they will have plenty of lifeguards around :)
Sam

I think my son and daughter were talking to your two last night???

I will definately look out for the lifeguards...oooh ehh mrs.

I am really worried about the banging of heads...but i'm sure it will be ok.

If its really a big worry for us maybe we could sort out some sort of rota??? I know it sounds naff but at least then we will all get some time out.
What TV show is showing KABC on thursday and at what time?
Holiday Hit Squad BBC1 at 7pm
Lisa have you received your tickets yet?????
:lol:
I can't believe I am doing this, but I feel I have to step in and defend FC regarding prices!

The cost of holidays and flights provided by ALL tour operators and airlines ALWAYS fluctuates. It always has and always will, and there is no such thing as a standard price. This is common practice and is down to supply and demand.

You do get reductions to encourage early booking e.g. free child places, but that does not ensure that you couldn't have got the same holiday nearer the time for less money. But then you run the risk of what you want not being available or not being reduced in price.

I normally buy fly drives to Florida, and am now well practiced in the art of waiting till the right time for the price to drop and knowing how much roughly it will drop to. And yes, some people pay over £500 for it, and I wait for it to fall to £79, but if once they have enough people on the plane (possibly to cover airport charges?) they put the price back up again.

So please, this is one thing that FC cannot be criticised for. Everything else, YES!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.