Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
So far, only larger hotels are even attempting to implement the ban. Most smaller places have put up "no smoking" signs, but ash trays are still on the tables and nobody makes any attempt to prevent people from smoking. I expect this to be yet another law which will be widely ignored.
Phil they are not ash trays they are candle holders. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Just wondered if any one knew the exact rules on smoking in Goa now, seems you cant smoke in a public place, just wondered if any one had a update on this.
  • Edited by Fiona 2008-10-16 07:55:04
    merged with thread which should help
The ban is very similar to the Uk.Realy any enclosed places it's banned,we have been to south Goa and North Goa and the ban is being enforced everywhere this time.At least the cops can't fine you for smoking on the street or on the beach now.

John
They have to find you smoking to fine you though :rofl
What happens if you only inhale smoke and not exhale it
You'll probably choke :rofl

PS...I am a smoker :)
can anyone give update on smoking ban where you can and cannot smoke
Virtualy everywhere now is no smoking.They are definitely enforcing the ban this year.BUT,we were down a couple of the shacks this weekend and they let me smoke.. so we shall see how the season goes.

John
How is the no smoking in the
shacks working
Pat :sun2
From what we have seen the last 2 days,Its about 50% are enforcing the ban the rest are just ignoring it.As for a total ban
I dont think it will happen. :que
Yes I agree Split, most places we have been have allowed it but a few of our haunts have stopped it... beach seems ok on the whole... not that we have seen much of it yet thinking about it!! :think
chilly
Just heard on the news that they are not giving fines out until January the 1st.... Although I am sure there will be beedy eyed policemen trying to catch you out (200 Rs fine)

Good luck
I've been smoking everywhere in and around Benaulim.... nobody gives a monkey's! NOT ENFORCED in shacks, restaurants!
hi
speaking to my friend in goa he tells me the smoking ban is being enforced,however places with thirty tables,or places with thirty seats should provide a seperate smoking area,much like in britain at the moment,the fine in first instance is rs200/-
I agree Big Neil most places seem to be ignoring it although Mayonnies last night were only allowing it in the outside seats (big sign to say beyond this point is no smoking) but i noticed that went by the board as the night went on!! :D but a few smaller local places are not allowing it (near us)
Chilly
As this is a smoking related topic....can someone tell me the best place to purchase real cigarettes as opposed to the nasty fake ones that taste of chemicals (or maybe it's elephant dung). I usually go to Newtons but do you know somewhere cheaper?
hi seeing we are discussing smoking will i be able to get golden virginia in baga or calangute, THE PROPER STUFF
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.