Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have just found this item, it looks like to cops, will get a reward, thats if they declare the fines.

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=12666&cid=26
you can in Candolim , so I would imagine that you can in the other resorts
So if they confiscate my ciggies they'll be rewarded :rofl At least we now have until January 09 now before they start fineing us ... wonder if the beach police will put this (education period) into practice :que :think
I have just spoken to someone who has come back from Cidade de Goa and this ban was all over the hotel / rooms / balcony / beach...anyone else heard about this??
well thats good news to me.....i dont smoke and my husband has just given up after smoking for nearly 30 years......less temptation for him.....lol

angie xx
i know that smoking is an awful unhealthy habit which i have not kicked and with the smoking ban in all public places now in force throughout india i was wondering what impact this has had on goa? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Smokers everywhere, no worries - carry on but just be polite to the non 'bad weed' parade who wish the world to be there own. Spike.
spike wrote:
Smokers everywhere, no worries - carry on but just be polite to the non 'bad weed' parade who wish the world to be there own. Spike.

Thats well put Spike :rofl
whats the situation on smoking now?
There are no smoking signs everywere and no one is taking the slightest notice of them.
For those of you who still need a quick puff before boarding there is still a smoking room at Dabolim Airport, its located between the international and internal departures. At Mumbai theres a cafe located beside Gate 2 I think its called Celebrations - its really dusty and gloomy due to the renovations going on but you can still get a smoke in there if you buy a drink and the waiters have lighters. Drinks are not to badly priced for an airport around 60 rupees for a coke!!! but worth it.
Just got back from Baga/Calangute. We found that the new smoking laws are not really being taken any notice of. Ther are some No smoking signs up in restaurants and beach shacks. Every restaurant we went in we asked if it was possible to smoke and an ashtray was brought to us without any problems at all. We tended not to smoke in restaurants where other people were not smoking so as not to spoil other people's meals. We went into one restaurant no one was smoking, people were eating and so in between courses I went outside for a ciggy, the waiter came after me and told me it was no problem to smoke inside. I said no it was Okay as other people were eating. He insisted I went back inside to smoke at my table. I did go back in to please him (Bless him) I did put by ciggy out first though.
Very considerate of you.Nothing worse than eating your meal and someone starts to smoke on the table next to you.

Papa
Nice one Daves Wife that was very thoughtful of you. Much appreciated.
I got told off by police twice in Mapsa and once in Panjim in December :( but they were nice about it!

I'm now into weeks 4 of giving up ..... fingers crossed because the money is currently going in a tin for my next Goa trip :D
Well done for packing in.I managed to give up fifteen years ago and the money I saved paid for our first long haul holiday.Now if I could pull the same trick with the beer I would be a millionaire. :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.