Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi
guess what I have just got my hands on an aloe plant, where you might ask? ebay of cause! I know i must be mad its just cost me £9.50 for the plant £5 posting 75p insurance and 50p for paying by pay pal but who cares to me its worth every penny. Could have got a cheeper one all babys though, the one i brought is suppose to be well established and thats what i want so i can use it in 6weeks time. So thanks for all the help especially you Cic, perhaps you could sell yours on ebay :lol:
I swear by it !!! natural is best but a lot of places sell it in various forms, one of the best is holland & barrett aloe gel.
my travel bag has:
aloe, tea tree, anti sick, piriton, citeonella, neat deet, lavender,zovirax, parecetamol,gaviscon, cocoa butter, bung up & loosen up tabs.witch hazel & tooth floss, I can live without all the rest but these are a MUST on any holiday. 8)
Off in 4 days !!!!!!!!!
Hi Caron

I am glad you have got hold of a plant. I hope it 'goes forth and multiplies' for you. I think it is very good and I know my son used it when abroad (not sure if it was in Costa Rica or Canaries) but then they picked as it was growing wild.

Don't think I'll be selling any on eBay ( :D ) but I'll give them away.

Good luck.

Cic
Hi All,

I know I used to get prickley heat and someone suggested Calcium tablets, which I don't think worked that well for me. :cry: Aloe was the best thing. I know in Chemists here they are all now stocking a large range of Aloe products from - pure Aloe gels, to creams and lip balms etc. I had one last year which I keep in the fridge and still use.

I'll have a look and see what the name of the product is. Then maybe you can buy direct or check our pharmacy's in your area to see if they do them. You should also check out health stores as a few of our local ones are also stocking the Aloe range.

Kere
Maggie,
the medicated talc i mentioned is Cuticura, and its great to stop the itching, have just been in the Attic and found it out for this time.
:D hiya caron i thought it must be that (cuticura) like i said in my earlier post as thats the only medicated talc i know i have used that before it smells lovely as well,
My Aloe plant came weds its great really healthy, got about 8 good stems on it the longest about 12 inches root to tip about 6 inches being plump plenty to take with me to Goa but a real shame to cut it. Well worth (in my opinion) every penny. If anyone is interested I have the email address of the company I purchased it from. The postage was £5 but I can see why as the way they had packed it was really good.
Caron

Yes please to the e-mail address
mycactusheaven@aol.com for you fritz and anyone else who wants it.
Thanks Caron...wife will be chuffed to bits
I am going to have a look for a aloe plant whilst out there, I love to go to their garden centres, the plants are beautiful, many are the same as the ones we have, but the big difference here is that they are indoor plants and don't seem to grow as big
Have to agree with you there Lin my Aloe plant looks really small compared to the ones we got in Jamaica but as long as it does the job. Have a good time at the garden centre bet they have some weird and wonderfull tropical plants out there. :)
Yes they do, we bought a 'christmas tree' last year, well it looked very similar, surndra our friend in goa hates me going to the garden centres, because he has to cart all the pots downstairs before the monsoon starts, bit of a shopaholic, plants, shoes, handbags, its all the same to me. :hyper :sun :hyper
Hello Vera

Who's Vera?

:shrug :rofl
Dont blame you Lin, girl after my own heart just saw a posting saying you are off in a couple of sleeps hope you have a good one, I cant wait, its my first time but I feel like I have been there already reading all the posts on this forum, love it :lol:
Steve m, shes married to Jack and lives up north. :lol:
Cheers caron, 'GOA' whats not to love, well there are a few things, but not enough to worry about, who cares about treading in a fresh cow pat :?: just buy another pair of shoes, when i said i had 2 more sleeps, i don't think i will sleep much, but am trying the vanilla vodka we bought back :!: only for medicinal purposes :glynis
Aloe everyone, found where you can get aloe vera plant, 40 rupees in small garden centre on main road 5 mins from mapsua going from calangute, dont know the name of centre but has large sign outside advertising organic food. It stopped my prickly heat instantly.
Aloe Lin
you got a great bargin with your plant just a bit cheaper than mine :)
mine is growing like wild fire will have some nice plumb stems to take with me.
I have found a suntan lotion in Holland & Barretts its called 'Aloe Pura organic sun lotion' it contains 99.9% bio active aloe vera, jojoba, avocado and chamomole aounds really sothing for those of you who suffer, only downfall the highest they had on the shelf was a factor 15 and it was £8.99 but will give it a try, just will have to be carefull and cover up when sun is strongest.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.