Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
i have been lead to believe you can scrape all the insides out and put it into a blender or even whole leaf blitz it and bottle it then slap it on
mike
cool I like a bit of slap :lol:
:D slaps no good it has to be """slap and tickle""" to work!!!

hiya caron now i have my aloe plant what do i do with it?? (keep it clean!!)
i break an outside leaf off it the split it then scrape the insides out, and put it in a tub? is that right or like going goa says can i blitz the lot 2gether? what do you think?? :D :oops: maggieomx
Hi Maggie I just take the 'leaves' as they are' wrapped up well and kept in fridge whilst on hols, split them in half and rub it on.
I do exactly the same as you Caron, and the relief is instant.
i think i would prefer the potion version so i can have it slapped on
{whip me beat me and call me dirty names} :lol: :rofl :rofl :rofl
but seriously will it keep in its blitzed state for 2 weeks
derek
derick
as long as you keep it in the fridge should be fine,at some resorts people sell it like this in bottles on the beach dont know about in goa though
mike
i bet it makes you jump when applied straight from the fridge
i think i will try both methods to be on the safe side
derek
the colder the better i would always put aftersun in the fridge starts to work right away lets just say it tightens things up when applied though :omg
mike
its the aftersun i am trying to avoid and that is cold enough without being in the fridge i dont think i am that masochistic :yikes :omg
derek
my wife suffers badly with prickly heat she took piriton tabs a week b4 we went and while we were there and she only got very slight prickle heat
hi coley
i have tried all the tablets and they dont seem to work for me thats why i want to experiment with aloe vera
i get the feeling i might be allegic to something in the suntan lotions/aftersun creams it appears to have worked for some as mentioned in this topic
this problem only seems to have arisen since i became diabetic so i dont know if there is a connection
derek
I tried the piriton for prickly heat, but it didn't seem to help much, but the aloe vera straight from the plant leaf stopped the irritation instantly. The plant only cost about 40 rupees in goa.
derick
have you ever tried p 20 you only need to apply it once a day unless you are in the sea or a pool for long periods its more expensive but is very good may help with only needing the one application the also do aftersun now as well
mike
thanks mike thats another for the list
hope its obtainable over there
derek
p20
derick
i wouldnt expect it to be but is available at the airports( manchester anyway or boots etc)its normally about £20 for a large bottle but have paid less than £15 as well
mike
p20
:cry: :cry: hiya iv used p20 and i didnt rate it alls it did was dye all my underware a horrible orange colour and yes i did wait for it to dry and it gave my skin an orangey tint, iv got 2 half bottles you can also get it off ebay as well, the best one i found was asdas no-ad aloe vera gel it was about £2.50ish for a 500ml pump bottle and its got added vitamin e and its also a concentrated formula,
iv had the same bottle for 4 holidays now and theres still loads left, they also do carrot oil suntan lotion and loads of others of different factors i used to spend loads on piz buin and hawaian tropics and iv found that asdas no-ad cremes and oils are even better but less money!!!!!!!!! :D :D
:?: Hello maggie,
I,ve just bought some P20 never used it before,is it right that it makes you a orangey colour when you use it :yikes
p20
:D hiya the p20 i put on made my skin have an orangey shade what to do is just rub a little on you from the bottle and see what you think. i know it stained a lovely cream lacey bra that cost a fortune and it never came out so watch your clothes. :-))
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.