Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
p20 suntan lotion
178 Posts
we have used this for the last few years.
plus....really effective and well worth the extra costs
minus.... a pain in the bum having to wait to go out in the sun and it can stain your clothes if you get dressed before it is absorbed
we have now switched to piz buin once a day, which is about the same price(but Boots should be offering a BOGOF after Xmas) which is just as effective but is more like a conventional sun cream.
del949
p20
:D hiya all i used to use p20 sun lotion but found it quiet messy sometimes and if you got it on a white top it never came out well i use piz buin 1 day long now alls you do is put it on 20 minits b4 you go out in the sun and it lasts all day even with swimming and the good thing about it is its a white creme so if you get it on your clothes it washes out, and you only put it on once a day, i used it in dubai in august and had no problems with sunburn, you can get it for different skin types too, you can get it in super drug and its well cheaper as well!!!!! which is a bonus, so sorry no more p20!! maggieomx
We use Calypso mousse from Wilkinsons. It's around £1.99 for a tin and is absolutely brilliant. It's nice and light, doesn't stain clothes and, more importantly, works. We both have very light skin and this works better than any of the expensive ones we have tried.
We have taken our granddaughter abroad with us since she was 3 years old, she is now 12, never once has she burnt. My wife used P20 on her from day one, and that was on her doctors advice, who is a mother herself.

P20 is worth every penny they charge for it, it never fails if used as directed on the box.

barrie
After reading previous posts all about how good S.S.S was at repeling the mozzies i went ahead and ordered 2, they arrived yesterday excitedly i opened one, gave a little squirt on to my arm and i cant believe how STRONG this stuff smells (in a perfume type way ) this stuff would knock a mozzie on its a*se at a 100 paces. I cant imagine any of the fellas on the forum wearing it....am i right or do the fellas wear it ?
  • Edited by KJF 2006-12-02 20:22:23
My hubby wears it, I don't notice the smell on him, could be because I am also drenched in it. Definetly does work though.

Oh & thanks for the pm.

AJ
wear it every year , great stuff.Don't notice the smell after a while.
Wear it all the time ducky ! :rofl
Allan.
Thats what i am worried about Allan.... :oops:
I put it on more than the wife,
There are worse smells in Goa KJF :yikes and anything that keeps the mossies
away is fine by me, seriously though the only time Marian got bit this hol is when we stayed out after the beach and she didnt have any with her and she is a mossie magnet! :kiss allan.
It definately works, make sure it is the (green) one you buy I think it is called soft and fresh.
My hubby wears in on holiday
9 days till Sri Lanka Holiday. And I got my supply all ready to pack
Oh Spike, i didn't think you cared, but seriously i think i may give S.S.S a miss it's just a little bit to strong smelling for me. I have asked my relatives who are out in Oz to bring some Aeroguard back for me i have used it before and it is good stuff ( only available in Oz i think ) i used the last of it in Goa last year and i was bite free
What are you worried about? We are all using skin so soft fresh so we will all smell the same anyway so you wont stand out will you?
KJF quote.
I cant imagine any of the fellas on the forum wearing it....am i right or do the fellas wear it ?

Hello sailor :lol: it does smell very nice, and puts you in touch with your feminine side. :lol:
Guys, SSS works and if it works use it! It smells 100 times better than insect repellent! I would rather use this than go around smelling of YUK :roll: don't know how to describe the revolting smell....
Where do you get SSS from.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.