Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Well .... i think i may just be wearing my Scotland top for my journey through France now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh dear.
you can see the headlines now.
BRITISH COACH HELD AT FRENCH IMMIGRATION
Scottish couple arrested for insulting French

By the time you get to France the Tartan Army will just about be sober enough to try and find their way home.
a great result though.
enjoy your holiday.
jim
Well, no worse than the 'British' football fans we always hear about causing bother at major tourneys!! :lol:
HI All....dont worry about insulting the French CDM...we insult them just by being there any way...any chance you can get a flag to wave at the stop offs as well ... I used to carry francs as well as pesatas for the stop offs before the euro but the attitude of the french when they served you naffed me off...Then coming back one time we stopped at Montellemar(sorry cant spell it) and as we all love nugget and so did friends back home I decided to off load my francs and buy a load of all the different types for all the family to eat then and take home as presents ...I had nearly £50of it (as I had 5 kids with me and love it myself and got the luxery stuff as presents) and took it to the counter ...The 2 girls behind the counter just carried on talking and ignored me, and ignored me. We had to go back on coach so I put it all down and said excuse me but I have to go..only then did they serve me and not very nicely ...they were arrogant and it was as if it was beneath them to serve me and it was a something theyd rather not do...so I vowed I would never buy francs again, and even now I dont spend anything passing through France with my euros. I take my own food and drinks and if I run out get it off the coach
we have just come back from blanes had a great time the weather was fantastic 2 weeks of sun well 13 days the marine land was great blanes itself was ok not much there we stayed at la masia it was very good bit of a walk to the entrance we were at the back we went with siesta but all in all we had a great time spent a day in disneyland as well that was ok not to busy we stayed at the hotel Kyriad basic room but clean thats all u need i think roll on next year i think we r going to lloret
Weather is fine here, and we are having a great time !!!!

Shame it's our last day tomorrow :(
HI CDM....thanks for weather report...were off in a few hours so just saying glad you had a great time ...incase I dont see you in coach park
hello,can anybody please tell me what hotel in calella puts on good evening entertainment thanks norma :cheers
almost all the 3* and above hotels in calella will have some sort of entertainment on.
whether it is good is a matter for individuals. some people actually like karaoke :que
the HTOP hotels have entertainment every night, as do some of the others. there are plenty bars etc there so i'm sure you will find something to suit you.
thanks for your reply.were going costa brava in late june early july but cant decide on which hotel yet as a lot of mixed reviews so still doing a bit of homework to try and choose one thanks again norma :)
can anyone help please.just wandering how to make a hotel reservation,travelling on the 30th of june a night flight will proberly arrive at the hotel just after midnight which will make it the 1st of july so do i make the reservation for the 1st as if i do it for the 30th june its like we would have missed a day and would the hotel let us check in just after midnight on the 1st thanks norma. :think
Room availability is normally from 3pm till 11am.

If you make your reservation for 1 July the room won't be available until 3pm. To ensure the room is available for your arrival at midnight you will have to reserve the room for 30 June.

I would also advise that you make them aware that you will be a late arrival.

luci :wave
thanks for your reply,i have had confirmation now that the hotel bookings are from midday to midday so will book from the 30th of june. :cheers
Just over 7 weeks until we fly. Staying at the Amaika HTop in Calella for a week.
Lovely hotel , we stayed at the Calella Palace last year and had no complaints but visited the Amaika lots.
Can't wait. Started the diet today,think I might have left it a bit late though :pele
no- with 7 weeks you can still lose a fair bit :)
Was looking at some of the costa brava webcams today, seems like the beaches are busying up nicely :)
Mum phoned this morning to say she'd arrived, it was raining, and going through Paris they had snow!! :(
I think she must have been joking with you , the forecast didn't show any snow , light rain for tomorrow and then sun
The weather is definitely not the cleverest, it's as warm here in central scotland today as it is in Estartit!!!

Really glad i'm not away over there, as this is my usual time for going!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.