Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Lykia Botanika, October 2012. Waiting until my son is nearly 4 :-)

We are taking the bad reviews with a pinch of salt as we loved our honeymoon at WOW Topkapi and that had some shocking reviews too. Even if it's rubbish, me and my boys could have fun in cardboard box hahaha :D
1 august 2012 - marmaris for our 9th time and my 40th birthday!!
Lara Beach Hotel in April (adults only) Pegasos World in Side in August with our 4 kids!!
Hi everyone, I'm back from a lovely 2 week stay in Akyarlar, the 2 star hotel was very basic (more a zero star lol) but generally the holiday was fantastic, weather was really hot in the high 30's most of the time and we went on a few excursions (Turkish bath, boat trip, local village tour, Ephesus tour and Dedeman aqua park).

I now desperately need some help....

I only went with my wife this time but next year my daughter (aged 15 next year) wants to go too so there will be 3 of us. I think we're going to go AI as I think it will work out cheaper in the long run.
Can anyone recommend a good AI hotel, ideally 4 star or above and near the beach (again ideally a private beach) and preferably either somewhere where they have entertainment (i.e. disco, karaoke) or near to a place where these can be found. Also a few nice restaurants in the hotel...
I was thinking maybe Gumbet, Izmir or Marmaris but not really too fussed where it is providing it has nice sandy beaches.

My budget is around the £2,000 mark for all 3 of us including flights, luggage, transfers & airport parking.

I don't know if I'm asking for too much for my money but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Very first post here, so treat me with care lol.

Booked 2 weeks mid June 2012 in Marmaris , all inc at Hotel Begonville. Have read mixed reports about the place but its not put us off.
Sunseeker 2011,welcome back,good to hear you enjoyed your holiday.Have a look at Kustur Club in Kusadasi,flying in to Izmir and should be within your budget. Somewhere else I would highly recommend is the WOW Bodrum resort which is actually in Gumbet.Don't think this would be in budget for a two week holiday but would for a week or maybe 10 days.
Came home 16th September and have already booked to return to the same hotel in May2012,Marmaris Park ,between Icmeler and Marmaris.There is no beach ,just a paved promenade and jetty with sunloungers,steps into the sea and only available to the hotel guests.We loved it.
we have just booked to go to Dalyan, Holiday Calibis in Aug next yr for 2 weeks. Have never been to Turkey as we love the Greek Islands but fancied a change. Looking forward to it already
10th August for 3 weeks posted earlier but wife had me change Hotels as it's nearer to where she wants to be so now going to the Rima .My brother-in-law and his wife and her dad booked today at same hotel but going on 6th august for 3 weeks . We just can't wait roll on 2012
minione wrote:
Sunseeker 2011,welcome back,good to hear you enjoyed your holiday.Have a look at Kustur Club in Kusadasi,flying in to Izmir and should be within your budget. Somewhere else I would highly recommend is the WOW Bodrum resort which is actually in Gumbet.Don't think this would be in budget for a two week holiday but would for a week or maybe 10 days.

Thanks for the tips, but just checked Kustur club for 2 weeks in august and it comes in at just over £3,000 with luggage, transfers & parking - unfortunately quite a bit above my budget, although 1 week comes in at just over £2,000 so may consider that. Will keep looking though...
That sounds expensive. We went spring bank holiday week and paid £1000 for two of us. We go again next Saturday and have paid £880 for both of us for a week. We booked through Direct holidays.
minione wrote:
That sounds expensive. We went spring bank holiday week and paid £1000 for two of us. We go again next Saturday and have paid £880 for both of us for a week. We booked through Direct holidays.

Yes, but bear in mind, I will be going peak-season due to my daughters school holidays, it's amazing how the prices are hiked-up massively during school break times :(
Just booked to go to the Commodore Elite in Side which opens April 2012 :cheers
Have almost decided on Golmar Beach Hotel - it's only a 3 star but got really good reviews on TA. Looking like 10 days in August for around £1,400 with everything except spending money for 3 of us (wife, daughter and me).

As my budget is around £2,000 I'll already have £600 for spends. Will have plenty of time to save for more too...

Justin.
Going to Turkey for the first time in June, Staying in Dalyan :tup
My Family and I are off to the Royal wings Hotel in Lara Beach on the 27th July 2012 for two weeks. First time to the Lara area, however have been to Hisaronu a number of times so just fancied a change.
Golmar Beach Icmeler 31st May 2012 for 2 weeks, 13th time to Turkey :) :)
Hi twiggylamb,

I'm looking at Golmar Beach in Icmeler for next year (August) with my wife and 15 year old daughter.

Have you been there before and if so is it nice (I guess if you have been before you wouldn't go back if it was horrible lol)

Justin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.