Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It is very easy to get a bus from the bus station in Marmaris to Datca, if you don't fancy hiring a car. As JMK said the scenery is wonderful, it changes considerably on the road to Datca. At one point you have the Aegean sea on one side and the Med on the other. It's possible to do this by bus as a day trip, but when we went we stayed overnight for one night, no need to book there's plenty of accommodation.
There'll also be plenty of good boat trips you can do, particularly round the bay to Turunc and other bays beyond.
Have a good holiday
Thanks Alfie, think we will try that. We will be going on any boat trips we can, as we loved the gulet holidays.
We have been on holiday to marmaris for 4 years and have now decided to try olu deniz we are staying at the tonoz beach hotel i just hope we enjoy olu as much has we did marmaris can not wait 9th may :)
Kameron,,, me and mrs66 will be in olu/hisaronu/ovacik from the 6th may for two weeks...

maybe see you there lol

you will love olu its very laid back

5 more sleeps :sun2
Thanks for the reply pj66. More questions to ask if you don't mind where are the best places to eat and are the prices for food and drink reasonable. :tup
overall i think olu is more expensive than marmaris but if you go up the hill to hisaronu its slightly cheaper up there, (also cooler,, thats if its hot when we go lol ), as for the best places to eat, personally i like to find where the locals eat rather than tourist places not that theres anything wrong with the tourist places though there are plenty to choose from :glynis
Thanks for your reply pj66. Hope the weather is hot when we go 2 more sleeps :sun2
11am 8th May Icmeler

Front balcony 40 degrees and the back one is 22 degrees.

The breeze is keeping things cool still so anyone coming out should make sure they have a high factor sun cream on
Hi ALL.
Any ideas on fishing trips?
We are staying in Bodrum this time round and we've been on a few fishing trips that we and our 11 yr old enjoy but what is recommended for a bigger fishing trip?
Any suggestions?
:que
Hello, My Family and I are going to the newly renovated Hilton Bodrum Hotel In July, and I would like to hear from any one who might of been to the Hotel lately ?

Whats It like ? and whats the food standard like ? also do you have to pay for drinks in the Restraunts or can you have drinks with being all inclussive Package ? advice Please....

What are the rooms like and are you able to get a good sleep, is the air conditioning effective ?
We have never been to Bodrum Turkey before so any insight would be welcomed ? What is the best currency to take ? Are there safes in the room and do you have to Pay ?

Is the Beach Nice and having a teenager son with us he likes Fish , are you able to see them ??

Also Im aware there is a Disco is this functioning Yet ?

Any tips on Excursions ? My wife likes Histotical site seeing Old Buildings Etc .... ???

Please be kind enough to make an entry if your able to offer any insight in to whats it like at the Hilton Bodrum Hotel .

What are the food eating arrangements and do you have to pay to use any of the restraunts ?? Is the Food Nice and selective ?

Thanks kindly for any replies, what ever your experience.... Many Thanks
Can't help you with the hotel but Bodrum is a busy cosmopolitan place with lots going on. The crusader castle is worth a visit and there are plenty of boat trips to take. There are lots of lovely resorts around the peninsula, my particular favourite is Gumusluk. Camel beach is nice but can get a bit busy in high season. You can get around on the little dolmus buses. If you want a different day out get a ferry trip (1.5 hours) to Datca on the next peninsula down. Ferries go twice daily at 9am and 5pm both ways costs around 40 lira return I think. When you get off the ferry there is a free bus to take you the 10 minute drive into Datca and it will make a nice and very different to Bodrum day out for you. It is a little harbour town with some nice beaches and we always find it a little cooler than Bodrum. Hope you have a great time.
It's a good few years (about 4) since we went to the Bodrum Princess, but it was lovely and can imagine that now the Hilton have taken it over and refurbished it, it will be even better.
It is very remote though and there is very little to walk to outside of the hotel, although there was a courtesy bus twice daily into Bodrum.
The beach is extremely small - a dozen sunbeds on it and it is full up! There are several more places to sunbathe though and it had then 3 tiered swimming pools. There was also a relax adults pool.
The rooms were lovely,large and had efficient air conditioning. The restaurants were excellent and the food superb and the drinks were fabulous with even Metaxa and Remy Cognac and many more imported drinks included in the AI.
Your son will be able to fish, there were several places to fish, we took a cheap rod outfit with us and hubby and a friend he made there had a great time fishing. We left the rod with our favourite waiter and he was made up with it.
There were 3 (if I remember correctly) al a carte restaurants that were included in the AI - they were very good.
Plenty of excursions available.
I will have a look at their website and see if it looks any different from when we were there.!
It remains my hubby's favourite hotel in Turkey!
Hope this helps some.
Denny
Hi, my name is Nikki and I have never been to Turkey!
Have booked flights to Bodrum but now having a problem finding a nice villa to rent ( got a few offers but nothing perfect for us yet).
Has anyone any ideas or any villa owners there with availability for a villa in Bodrum Peninsula that will sleep 7 adults and 3 children (plus 2 infants) for 2 weeks from 11th July 2011???!!!
Would welcome any help or advice from anyone please
Thanks in advance

Hello again, we have now found a villa! We are going to stay in Yalikavak and reading the reports it sounds like a lovely resort. Can't wait to go now so excited. Thanks Kedi for the reply
Hi All :wave: We're off to Icmeler In Just over 2 weeks now (so excited, we can hardly wait!) There are 5 adults and 5 children, ranging In age from 3-60 and we're staying at the Marti La Perla. We have been to Icmeler before and stayed at the L'Etoile, but that was over 4 years ago now....Has Icmeler changed much? Where are the good places to eat and drink? (I know we've booked all Inclusive but we like to get out and about and try the local cuisine) Does anyone know the prices roughly of food and drink In the area? Has anyone recently stayed at the Marti La Perla? If so what Is the food/drink like there? Do you know what drinks are Included In the AI option? Can anyone recommend any good day trips? I've heard the entertainment Isn't the best but to be honest I find you make your holiday what you want It to be, we've all gone with the same thought In mind, to have the best time possible and to enjoy every moment of the 2 week holiday we've saved all year for and we're determined to do so (being In good company helps) :sun Sorry for all the questions, I'm Just so excited!! Can't wait to have some fun In the sun with my wonderful family....Hope anyone who Is going on their holidays soon has an amazing time :hols :glynis
njh123321 wrote:
Hi, my name is Nikki and I have never been to Turkey!
Have booked flights to Bodrum but now having a problem finding a nice villa to rent ( got a few offers but nothing perfect for us yet).
Has anyone any ideas or any villa owners there with availability for a villa in Bodrum Peninsula that will sleep 7 adults and 3 children (plus 2 infants) for 2 weeks from 11th July 2011???!!!
Would welcome any help or advice from anyone please
Thanks in advance

Hi Nikki and welcome to the forum!

Where have you been looking for villas? Holiday Lettings, Owners Direct and Villa Renters are all qute good. Which part of Bodrum do you want to stay in? You will find alot of rental properties around the Yalikavak, Gumusluk, Turgitreis area.

I'm sure you are going to love Bodrum, we lived out there for 3 years and we still go back every year for a holiday

Kedi
Hi everyone, hope you are all well x we are the Ostler family and are Turkey virgins lol we have booked to go to Alanya in August and looking forward to it x any advice would be appreciated x

have tried searching our apartments on here but i dont seem to be able to find any reviews, we are staying at Green Park Apartments, i can find a greenpark in Marmaris but no reviews of the one in Alanya x so if i mis searching advice please :)
All i know is it near a busy road ( searched it on google maps ) not a busy road, a busy motorway lol

anyway hope to chat soon and look forward to any help and tips and ideas of places to go :)
thanks all xx
Hi danlaurian, just do a google search for Green Park Apartments Alanya and there are 17 reviews on the tripadvisor website.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to external websites but here goes:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297961-d315294-Reviews-Green_Park_Apart_Hotel-Alanya_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday :sun2
I have a question which any Turkish speaking members could help with.

As we are going to Akyarlar, I've been told that on Karaincir beech the use of the English language is very limited (as apparently it's where a lot of the locals go to holiday).

I don't mind having a stab at a few phrases but one I wan to know in particular is:-

"My wife is a vegetarian"

I eat meat so aren't too bothered using the point-an-nod technique when ordering food but my wife is quite particular although she will eat fish as long as it's not too strong tasting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Justin.
vejetaryenim means I am a vegetarian
or
yaliniz meyve ve sebze yiyorum means I eat only fruit and vegetables
or
hic et yiyemiyorum means I can't eat any meat.

Sorry I don't have the font for Turkish characters so the last one with hic is pronounced hich.
Hope this helps.

PS many Turks are vegetarians and due to the high cost of meat you will find many delicious meat free foods to eat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.