Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi.....I've read back through the previous posts and just wanted to clarify the cost of a taxi from the airport to San An central ?

My 3 boys land at 00:15 on a Saturday morning, can I assume they wont have problems with large Q's at that time ?

Thanks
Miss_Chief.

It should be around the 25 to 30Euro mark for the taxi.

The queue all depends on how many flights get in around the same time. The taxis turn up back at the airport quite frequently so hopefully any wait would be relatively short.

John.
Hi, can anyone give me the best way to get to Es Cana, for 4 adults and 2 infants to cut the cost of transfers
rosiepeardrop,

I think you would probably be cheaper with Resorhoppa as they do not charge for infants under 2 but they would have to sit on your lap. Price will be about £90 return.

Alternatively, two taxis would cost around 140Euro - say around £110. Doubt you will get a baby seat in the taxi.

Ibizahire have a 6 seater but their recent quotes have been a bit high, might still be worth getting a quote. They can supply baby seats on request I believe.

Hope that helps

John
hi rosiepeardrop, i have just been quoted (by mistake) €130 for a 6 seater return trip to escana, this was for 6 adults plus usual luggage, so this will give you an idea of cost.
hi john 123, above i said "by mistake" this is because,on a suggestion of yours,i emailed ibizahire for a quote for a one way trip from the hotel to airport for 6 adults, and received an email back a €65 quote, and in the email it stated that the driver would be waiting at the airport for us etc, and so i emailed them back again and said it was hotel to airport transfer required only, and would the price still be €65, the answer was yes. so then i decided to accept and emailed again the next to say i would like them to make the booking. in the email back it quoted €130 for the trip!!! so again i had to email them and explain again it was just a one way trip required!! the booking has now been made, and i just hope they turn up to take us back!! so john123, did you ring them at all on the day before your departure to confirm they would be picking you up!! you can see why i am a bit concerned, just dont want the 6 of us waiting for a taxi thats not going to turn up,ha ha - cheers - dotty
Hi Dotty,

Yes I rang them on the mobile number they provided just to confirm pick up times.
We (as a large party) used them for 4 'trips' in total without any problems.

John
hi john, thanks for your reply. I will do that, ring them the day before just to make sure. it's just after the back and forth of emails, i was losing my confindence in them, and like you say you have had no probs with them at all, i'm sure we wont either. - dotty
Hi all

I have looked on google for transfers, but everytime you type in Ibiza transfers, you get millions of web pages not relevant to Ibiza, so I'm gonna ask you guys.

However, BEWARE!!!! This is not straight forward.

For reasons that I don't want to go into again (Greedy hotel Anfora Playa), my family and my brothers family are flying to Ibiza this year and home again on the SAME Flights. However, even though I'm still fuming at having our holidays cancelled by Anfora Playa after we had paid for our flights, we are in this situation:

My family of 5 people ----------------(Me, Wife, 16 year old girl, 2 x 10 year old boys)
My Brothers Family of 4 people--------(Brother, Wife, 7 year old boy, 4 year old girl)

We fly out on Tues Aug 26th, and land about noon. Here's where it gets confusing....................

==================================================
When we land My brothers' family of 4 need to travel to some appts next door to Anfora Playa in Es Cana (10 nights duration).
My family must travel to Hotel Rio Mar in Santa Elulia (3 nights duration).
=========================================================

Then, after my family has spent 3 nights in Rio Mar, we move to Anfora Playa for 7 nights duration. So we end our holiday in Es Cana with my brothers family.

On return date:
Both families check out at around noon on 6th September, and we need to get from Anfora Playa back to the airport.

My question is this. What is the cheapest way of transferring from the airport to our different hotels?

Remembering that there are 9 of us (5 + 4), is it cheaper for my family to just get our own taxi for 5 from the airport to Santa Elulia and my brother to get his own taxi for 4 from the Airport to Es Cana? Or, is it cheaper to get a minibus/coach/private company to take 9 of us together in one taxi/bus/coach and drop one family off and then the other?

Of course on the way back we will all be leaving from Es Cana, so what's the cheapest way of all 9 of us getting back to the airport.

Now, of course, we would prefer to travel together, but after browsing some options, the prices for a private minibus for 12 or 13 (they don't do 9 seaters) is extortionate.

Any ideas or prices would be a great help!

Thanks
Have you tried Ibizahire (yet another plug but no commercial or personal interest :) )

We had a mixed transfer - more outbound than inbound - Nick at Ibizahire sorted it out no problem.
As he is English, it will probably be easier for him to understand !!!! I'm sure dropping you off in StE on the way to Es Cana wouldn't be a problem. A couple of taxis for the move to Es Cana shouldn't be more than 6Euro each.

Failing that - you are talking 3 taxis unfortunately or a shuttle from Resorthoppa.

John
Dotty,

I exchanged a few mails with Nick but mainly because I swapped and changed things :)

At least they normally reply within 24hrs rather than the complete silence from a few companies I tried !

John
williamrobb88,

Have you tried as suggested above ResortHoppa ? or Shuttle Direct ? or Key Transfers ?

If you google Ibiza Taxi you might get better results....I did when looking a week ago :tup

Both Resorthoppa & Shuttle Direct are merchants on Quidco the cashback site, so you could if booked via the Quidco site also get up to 8% cashaback on the price too ;-)
Nice spot Miss_Chief !

It's 10% on Resorthoppa :) - that could save williamrobb £20 if he used quidco.

I think Keytransfers are just agents for Resorthoppa - used them last year and noticed it was a Resorthoppa booking. The prices look remarkably similar as well :rofl

Just noticed that Resorthoppa also charge 2.5% for Credit Cards but debit cards are 'free'

John.
Yes John I suspect your right in that's it's Resorhoppa under another name !

I've used Shuttle Direct before and found them to be pretty good and reliable....the added cashback is a bonus with any of them :tup
Hi. Has anyone used the number 24 bus from the airport to Es Cana?
Wondering wether to give it a try when we go in a couple of weeks. :think
well worth it saving a few bob.just depends is it worth waiting say 1/2 for the next bus.not sure on times with that one.
Wheatcrunchie,

They run from 7.45 to 00.15 every 90 minutes.
Also a 'Discobus' version at 01.45 and 3.15 :)

Here a link to this years pdf version of the timetable http://www.ibizabus.com/web/misc/01-32TOTA6.pdf

John
Thanks for you replies.
I agree with you djwoody, it really does depend on how long it is till the next bus when we get out of the airport. Might just see how it goes.
Thanks for the link John.
One week to go :fly
Please could someone tell me how much it will be for a taxi for three from the airport to Playa d'en Bossa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.