Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
hi all, just an update. we arrived back from escana on saturday, had a great time as usual, even with terrential rain for 5 days last week!!! we used http://www.ibizahire.com for the return only journey to the airport, and pleased to say that the minibus turned up on time!! I had a few worries when enquiring about a booking - read my previous posts - and even the day before we were due to come back, i tried the phone number given all day at various times, just to confirm all was ok and didn't get an answer, and again panic set in!! No need to have done as they turned up no problem!! - dotty
ps. the number i used was the correct number
I used Ibizahire.com and never again. I paid cash upfront when picked uo from the airport but Yesterday morning no taxi arrived to take us on our return journey. I tried ringing several times as did the hotel, texting and emailing with no replies. Luckily I had the sense to book our return journey early as wanted to make sure we arrived at airport in plenty of time. We waited 30 mins and then the hotel managed to ring us 2 taxis to take us to the airport. When I got home last night I rang the number again and it was answered, as was the email that I sent when I got home that promised I would go on every site available to give him bad reviews, also a friend of ours has a fiance who is an undercover detective inb the guardia on Ibiza.
I had my money for the return journey refunded to my paypal account this morning I would have been more impressed if all the money had been refunded and an explanation as to why Ibizahire left us in the shit. As it was for 2 taxis for a return journey would have only cost 10 euros more.
So beware and my advice take a taxi. It just as cheap. :cry
Hi I feel I have to reply to the below email (im not sure if this is allowed as it is my company)

I am Nick from Ibizahire and have no recollection of any calls on that morning ibizababy tried to contact us. We have dealt with 100s of transfers over the summer and unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong, its how you deal with the problems that is important.

As soon as we realised our error a refund for the return transfer was issued and an apology. I think its a little extreme to dedicate your time and promise bad reviews on every site, as is attempting to involve undercover police (for a missed transfer this seem serious).

Once again i apologise to ibizababy

Nick
hi nick, as you know we also had problems getting hold of you while we were in ibiza to confirm the pick up. i have just looked at my phone and noticed a missed call on the morning of our departure 27th sept from escana. the phone number is 616318262, should this have been the number to dial and not 0034616318262 which was the number advised to dial. Just wondering as both myself and ibizababy had problems contacting you. fortunately, you did turn up as arranged - cheers dotty
Hi Nick, we are happy to leave your post, we feel its important that you have a chance to respond and address any problems that have occured.

Sarah
Thanks Sarah,

Dotty, If you were dialing from a local phone then it is not neccessary to add the (0034) but from a mobile it is needed.

I did you call myself as I was on the way to collect you at 7am, it rang but no answer. Maybe somethng strange was happening with the phones (it is quite common in Spain ha ha) Anyway glad you were happy with the transfer maybe see you again.
hi nick, thanks for the explanation !! My phone was actually in a handbag inside my hand luggage so no way was i going to hear it !! Like you said perhaps something strange happening with the phones in general. Yes we will use you again should there be a group of us, thanks - dotty
I understand that yes things can go wrong but sorry that your problem Nick not mine. All I know is that we were left stranded at the hotel, and not only did I and the hotel try to call you(your phone was switched off ) but I also sent an email to you and you did not reply until I sent you another email threatening action late last night. We were lucky that we had money to get a taxi and we just made it to the airport on time, but can you tell me what would have happened to us if we had missed our flight? We recommeneded you to our friends who you are due to pick up week Saturday(18th October) please do not forget them. As I said I would have been more impressed if all our money we paid you had been refunded and an explanation as to why you didnt pick us up. And no I not dedicating my time on writing bad reviews on every site, just this one (and my own site)as this is where I found out about Ibizahire and I feel I have the right to inform every one of my bad experience.
can i just say that the message callers to mobiles receive in spain is that the mobile is switched off or out of coverage (is that a word in english?). here in ibiza there are still places on the island that you can't get a good mobile signal and these vary depending on the mobile company (there are three) and sometimes the weather. i've noticed my mobile flashes no coverage many times in the summer when i'm in the house which normally has a strong signal. so the moral is that a guy who relies on his mobile phone for his business may not have it switched off but is merely in an area where signals are weak.

sdII
As to whether his phone was on or off is incidental, Nick should have been at the hotel to pick us up at 10am as arranged and paid for.
ibizababy,

Did your friends pick up by Ibizahire go OK ?

John
Yes my friends were picked up fine and had no trouble. They will be using Ibiza hire again. As you see I being honest and not out to purposely slag any one off but my experience was not good and I will be sticking to taxis in future.
We are Ibizababy's friends, and were very VERY satisfied with the transfer service provided by Ibizahire. We have 4 small children, and I would not be comfortable travelling in one taxi with 2 of them and my husband in another taxi with the other 2. Shuttle buses would have been extortionately expensive so this was an ideal compromise. The car was spacious and comfortable and Nick was very friendly and helpful. The return journey was just as smooth and trouble free. I would not hesitate to recommend Ibizahire to anyone, and we'll definitely be using them next year
Hi sccarson,

Welcome to HT :wave

Glad it went smoothly for you.

John.
Hi, can anyone tell me if the taxis at the airport will carry 4 passengers plus luggage? There's 7 of us going in July and I'm not sure if we'd have to get 3 taxis if we decide on that option.
Thank you
Roll on the summer!
:cheers
Yes they will.

There a quite a few estates and also MPVs similar to the Renault Scenic.
You should be fine with 2 cabs.
You could also check if a 7/8 seater from someone like Ibizahire would work out cheaper ?

John.
Thanks for that John.
I will have a nose at Ibizahire see how much a 8 seater would cost, then break the news to mother.....she's treating us!!! :cheers
i have been quoted 130 euros return to and from cala llonga. does anyone think this is resonable or can you help with another company, or would taxis be cheaper :cheers
A taxi would be cheaper - maybe 25 - 30 euro maximum. We paid 35 Euro to Es Cana last year which is further along the coast.

Lots of useful info in the taxis and transfers thread at the top of this forum.

John.

ps - that's assuming 4 or less persons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.