Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Carlit0

Welcome to HT :wave

Ibizahire MAY be able to sort you out - know they have 8 seater - not sure about 9 though. Google will find the website for you.

Failing that - 3 taxis ( I guess about 200 - 230 euro total for return)

I looked at Shuttledirect but they came in at £370 :yikes

Resorthoppa do a shared transfer - around £260 total but it is seasonal so it depends on your travel dates.

Hope that helps

John
Hi has anyone got any idea of a taxi for 4 people for this year. We are going to June to San Antonio Bay. I have looked to Resort hoppa, but want to know what a local taxi would be

thanks
Jill :sun2
Hi Jilly

They seem the same as last year pretty much - we paid £24 euro in April to San An Bay.

John
taxi rates are due to increase from july 2009 but only by a small percentage.

sdII
Could anyone please tell me if it is it possible to get a bus from the airport to Es Cana El Cortijo apartments. Thanks
There is a bus from the airport to Escana last years time table said it ran from 15 june to 15 September and ran every 90 mins fare i belive was around 3 euros each way. Not sure if the times will be the same this year. We are hoping to use it in August but would be intrested in how busy it is. Ibiza bus is the website with the details on it.
Hi has anyone got any idea of a taxi for 4 people for this year. We are going to June to San Antonio Bay. I have looked to Resort hoppa, but want to know what a local taxi would be

thanks
Jill
We've just got back and paid €23.25 going and €23.60 coming back from Port D'es Torrent (far end of San Antonio Bay).
Hi

We're looking at transfers from airport to Es Cana. Just a few of questions.

Resort Hoppa ask you to name hotel/apartments for drop off - we are staying in the Sandic apartments above Rockerfellas bar - what would be the nearest large apartment/hotel to put down for drop off?

If we decided to go with public transport - how long is the bus journey from Airport to Es Cana and is the bus stop within a reasonable distance of Rockerfellas bar?

Thanks
Tippi
I would give them the name of the Sandic as most of the larger hotels are the other end of town (only a 5/10 min walk though).

EsCana bus station/stop is a 5/10 min walk down hill(not a large hill though) and around the corner. The airport bus runs in the summer months but is it only runs every 90 mins and takes 30 to 40 mins, according to the timetable. I have never used it but I am hoping to this August.
Can anyone please tell me roughly the price of a taxi from the airport to the miami in es cana. There are 14 of us travellling and was wondering if it was just as cheap to get 4 or 4 taxis than to get a mini bus. There will be 4 plus luggage in each and one with 6. Thanks Diane.
Thanks Christine

I had a look at the Ibizabus timetable and worked out there should be a bus just over a hour after landing, so we might be lucky - if not we'll just get a taxi. We don't have kids with us this year :D, so don't mind hanging around a bit. Just one more question, never been to Ibiza before, are the bus stops easy enough to find at the airport?

Thanks again
Hi Di

I think 4 taxis would be the cheapest looking at what the transfer companies want to charge :yikes
Taxis would be around the 40Euro mark each so about £300 in total for return trip.
Cheapest transfer I saw was £27 pp return on a shared shuttle.

I doubt if you will find a minibus for less than £300.

Good Luck.

John.
depends what time you land.but taxi would be 30 to 35 if that tops 38.no more than that.look out for the big estate taxis.to get all your cases in.to Sta. Eulalia = € 25 in the day and 28 at night.
Tippi, not sure about the bus in the airport but I am sure it will be easy to find. We used a taxi last time and we found them easy enough. When do you go ? we don`t go till 17 August, if you go before us will you let us know how you go on. I will let you know as well. Christine

Ps we stayed at Sandic one our first visit to EsCana, around 18 years ago, it was fantastic then. Revisited the bar 2 years ago an it`s a lovely relaxed bar. Ideal location mins walk to the beach.
soon as you walk out of the airport.turn right .busstop cannot miss it.its not just a post.its a undercover.but you must not follow crowd ok.they are with a tour op.you must walk outside.you will see taxi rank.turn right.but to save time and hassle.get a taxi.you might have to wait an hour like you say for a bus.

From June 15th to September 15th two services will run from the airport; the number 9 to San Antonio via San Jose and San Antonio Bay, and the number 24 to Es Cana via Santa Eulalia. The buses run every 90 minutes from 7.45 until 00.15 and in July and August there are a couple of night services at 1.45 and 3.15.
Christine

We go on the 4th July, so we go before you. Will let you know how we get on. If we don't get the bus, it doesn't necessarily mean the service is poor, a lot will depend on how long we have to wait. Looking at the timetable, one is due to leave about 1 hour 15 mins after landing, which should be ideal depending on our flight being on time (an early arrival may be as bad as a late). We're expecting to wait a little and as I say we don't have kids with us. It will be a bonus if we get the bus, an extra few drinks in the resort :D.

DJWoody - thanks for that info - and the warning about following the crowd - that's me to a T ;)
so when you walk out doors with case.first ones you. turn right.you will see all the reps.if you look you will see the tui desk.follow down and first set of doors walk outside.(busstop on right).you could be cheeky and ask at taxi rank if anyone is going to your resort.and share a taxi.by the way when you walk out off first set of doors.if you turn left on the right side is a cafe.

you could get the number 10 bus to ibiza town.then walk up the road to main bus station.walk inside get aticket for bus number 13 to s/e.its all a matter of timing.

10 is every 20mins.check this timetable below.use left side for all buses info.then bus 18 to es cana,be long,but info if you need it.

http://www.ibizabus.com/Page24.html
Thanks for your previous replies, can anyone tell me if there are any taxis that hold six outside the airport or would that mean two taxis thanks Diane.
4 with cases if the biggest.so you will need two.look for the long hatch back cars.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.