Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Looking to possibly book for this year but some reviews have stated that the evening entertainment was very amateur with hardly any outside acts - all mostly left to the T Cook team.

This happened to us last year at the Holiday Village Viva and I would hate to spend all that money to have the same thing happen again. Almost everyone I spoke to were bored stiff!

Would appreciate any views from anyone who was there last year. I have two kids aged 10 and 7.

Thanks!
well thats what they tend to do in most hotels to keep costs down.i must say though the hotel staff at the Hotel Club Bahamas in playa den bossa are very good for all ages.t/c hotel as well.and if your not happy with that.you could always nip next door to the fiesta hotels near by to see there shows at night.

which again are put on by the fiesta hotel reps.some nights they do get outside shows in all the hotels.unless you stay in a gold hotel for which your kids could not stay.you are going to get reps doing the entertainment.
we went last August for our 7th visit since 1997 and would have to admit it was the worst year for entertainment so far. Most of the entertainment was put on by the reps and if I'm honest they didnt try that hard to build up a rappor with the customers, we got the feeling 'it was just part of the job'. On the previous occasions when we visited even if the entertainment was a reps show they actually looked like they were enjoying it and wanted to be there but this year we didnt feel that.

Having said that entertainment teams change from year to year so this summers team may be much better.

Everything else about the hotel was as good as ever such and the pool, the food etc and if you do go I would highly recommend the All Inclusive option as there were almost no restrictions on it. The food was available pretty much all day and the drinks were excellent.
Thanks for your replies - really appreciated. Funny thing is that I had looked at the Bahamas as my first choice but was worried it may be full of clubbers as it is close to the clubs. The reviews are great though.

Don't want to risk paying almost £2k for similar entertainment to last year and I see the point that you can venture out to other hotels close by.

Also considering the Don Toni but tbh the reviews are very mixed and the Bahamas accommodation does look nicer.
We have booked the sirenis seaview :) , going the end of July..can any one tell me if it does entertainment for teenagers as we are taking our 15 year old son with us, we were at the sirenis calla llonga last year and it only did entertainment for 3 to 11 year olds :(
hi scully27,

In previous years there has always been a club for 11 - 15 year olds although my kids of that age didnt bother with it much. 15 years olds can join in with most of the adult competitions such as killer pool, waterpolo, football etc so they should be fine
hi samanddawn..

Thanks for your reply.. when we were at Calla Llonga they wouldnt let my son join in...they said adults only so thats good to hear that they do let them join in at the country club :)
Hi we have booked from the 27jul taking a 14 year old so also hoping for some activites for this age group, it did state in the brochure that they have teen activities but i suppose it depends how many kids of that age group they have at the time. I think its a difficult age when they are too old for the kids clubs but maybe too young too join in with the adults, we found that last year so am hoping for better things here or i will have one bored teen on my hands!!!!! Roll on july i love IBIZA. Sharon
Hi sharonz

We also fly on the 27th from Newcastle...Hopefully are sons might meet up and we will have 2 happy teens on our hands haha ...

wish it was here already :)
Hi scully27, yeah that sounds good, less stress for me when they meet friends or i have to listen to a constant rant of being told about how boring everything is . We fly at 0600 so will be easily recognisable as i will either be asleep on a sunbed (probably getting burned) or having a strop at my other half as i am not great when tired ha ha. sharon
Yeah that will be me 2 haha... up early but well worth it to get to Ibiza at lunch time... My sons the same if hes bored.. hopefully there is plenty to keep them occupied :)

Sue
hi, i have a few questions to ask (if that's ok)

q1 - has anyone used the car hire service from the hotel? do they use an external hire co (if so, who)?
q2 - booking directly with hotel and doing flights ourselves, so no rep, how do you book excursions to go anywhere? is it a case, of making your own way there?
q3 - we've been offered return coach transfer for £100 for 4 adults and 2 kids, do you think taxis would be quicker and cheaper?
q4 - if having to make our own way around, what would be the best way to get to the waterpark from this hotel? is there a bus or would a 1-day car hire be better if we can't book excursions without a rep?

and finally (yay, i hear you say!)

q5 - can you name the blocks as they appear looking down on them from google earth (3 vertical and 2 horizontal) left to right? wanting to request a particular block

many thanks in advance :)
hi Malardy,

Never hired a car but the hotel has leaflets on reception to offer hire cars and I'm sure they can sort one out for you. You can book the excursions with the reps even if you are an independent traveller, just go and see them at reception. there are also a couple of places down in San Antonio bay (10 mins walk) where you can book excursions and cars independently.

Even in a Taxi the water park isnt that far away, its back towards the airport so would probably be cheaper to do taxi than hire a car for a day. But again easy enough to book water park through reps/reception or down in the town.

When we travelled independantly two years ago there were 4 adult and it cost 25€ to hotel and 30€ back to airport in a taxi, and there were plenty of them. I would have thought you could all get into one of the people carriers vehicles in which case it work out cheaper than the coach transfer.

Finally, the blocks, as you look at them the two on the left if my memory serves me currectly are far left Hibiscus, next left Sunflower, then the ones that run parallel with road are on the left Petunia then the right hand one is Geranium and finally the block on the right is Almond house.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply.

Just found out that taxis is out if the question as kids are 3 & 1, so car seats are needed!
We have booked to go to the seaview countryclub on the 25th June 2011. We have booked a seaview studio as I like the thought of relaxing with a glass of vino once the kids are in bed at night. I notice that there are several blocks ( on reading this forum I have picked up hibiscus, sunflower, petunia etc) > I am wondering what the best block is so I can request it to be added to our booking? I really dont want to end up with half a seaview and half a car park lol :cheers
If you want a pool view all blocks except hibiscus have this as long as you request it as the other side of geranium and petunia look out over the road. We always request petunia or geranium overlooking the stage as then you can still watch evening shows even if kids are asleep. These are obviously the noisiest rooms but the double glazing is excellent.

Hope that's helps, if you want to know anything more let me know.
thanks for the reply SamandDawn. We have booked with Direct holidays the options were bog standard studio, studio with pool view ( extra cost) and studio with seaview ( higher extra cost) . We went for the seaview room at the highest cost but im now wondering if we should have booked the pool view as it would appear we would get a seaview anyway?? Im wondering where they will allocate us when we have booked a seaview? :que
Most rooms have a seaview of some description but if you have a pool view you get seaview as well. There are a small number of rooms that are set on the headland which ONLY have seaview. If you send the hotel an email and specifically ask for pool/seaview they will try and help.

We like petunia overlooking stage and pool which also gives you a seaview. First floor studios have larger balcony than second floor, top floor are one bedroom self catering. When we stayed last year we had three rooms in our party, all in petunia on Devon floor overlooking stage. Numbers were 5225, 5236 and 5219. If you wanted a room on first floor change the number 2 for a 1, for example 5119
Sorry that should have read second floor not Devon floor! That's predicted text for you as doing this from iPhone!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.