Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Kaybe,

Went to this hotel in 2008 and had a great time. What you get is a good standard of service for what you pay. We have booked again for this August AI and had no problems in choosing to go back there. A holiday is what you make it, people should just relax and enjoy their time in the sun. The place is always kept clean and tidy - its the tourists that make the mess not the staff!-

In my experience of life in general is that some people are only happy when they are complaining. Don't worry you will have a great time if you go with the right attitude...............
had another look for all these bad reviews on lots of review sites can't find any :que i must be going to a different hotel :rofl
Hi can anyone tell me if there is a library or book exchange available in seaview country club
I just got a response about a few things, one of which was asking about the ages for kids club - and they tell me only thomas cook holiday makers can use the kids club!!!! I am gutted, the kids loved this last time we went - Has anyone else booked direct and managed to persuade the reps to take their kids.... maybe offering them a 'donation' ??

I am gutted I dont think I would have booked direct if I had known this .....
When you register your kids for the kids club you have to put your booking confirmation number from your Thomas Cook Invoice on the registration form.

It will depend upon how busy it is and how friendly the reps are as to whether they let your kids join, but i'd be prepared to be disaponted if i was you.

There's nothing to stop you joining in with other activities in the hotel and around the pool etc, but i doubt whether you'll be able to use either the creche or the kids club as they are staffed and operated by Thomas Cook.
Thanks Samanddawn that puts my head at ease a little. Its the AI thing that worries me now as people seem to think it has gone downhill since going All Inclusive. I guess I will find out soon enough as we fly out tomorrow. I will post a reply on my return.

K
x
The bad reviews are recent ones on trip advisor, complaiing on the All Inclusive service.
Ive just been and had a great holiday. Posted comments on trip advisor about 2 mins ago...
johnyb

Please feel free to post a review on this site via the Hotel Reviews link at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Hi Johhnyb,

your review hasnt shown up yet but sometimes takes a day or so, glad to see that lots of other people have put good reviews on there though as we love this hotel!!! We've been going there every other year since 1997 and cant fault it. We're off for our 7th visit in august and counting the days.

Glad the all inclusive option is working and glad you had a good time.
Hi Everyone
We are off ththe Sea View in August this will be our eighth holiday there. Have always emailed the VIP Club to request a sea view and to be fair have always been lucky enough to have one. This year however have had a reply saying that we have been allocated a pool view really disapointed as we love to sit watching the views across the bay we will of course enjoy our holiday anyway but as we are taking our granddaughter with us who is three,the late evenings will probably be spent on our balcony relaxing and enjoying the view,which is why we did not want a pool view hotel must be really busy.
Hi Everyone
We are off ththe Sea View in August this will be our eighth holiday there. Have always emailed the VIP Club to request a sea view and to be fair have always been lucky enough to have one. This year however have had a reply saying that we have been allocated a pool view really disapointed as we love to sit watching the views across the bay we will of course enjoy our holiday anyway but as we are taking our granddaughter with us who is three,the late evenings will probably be spent on our balcony relaxing and enjoying the view,which is why we did not want a pool view hotel must be really busy.
If you've got a Pool View then you'll also have a Sea View surely??

The way the hotel is shaped means if you can see the pool then you can also see the sea.
The only rooms that i know of without a view of the pool but with a view of the sea are those at the bottom end of Hibiscus House.
Hi

Just to let everyone know we are now back after 2 weeks at the seaview. Good and Bad I think, the hotel is in a good position and the entertainment team are fab! We did however seem to spend a lot of time queueing, i think due to the fact that even though all inclusive the staff still have to put everything through the till and you have a crd which they have to swipe??? Surely if they can see you have a band on they dont need to put through the till, this is the first year AI and I dont think they have got it mastered yet. We had a few problems with our room on arrival as there was a step down on to the balcony and I didn't think my toddler would be safe, she nfell down it 3 times in the 10 minutes we were in the room (not so family friendly). Otherwise a good holiday, made some good friends and would probably go back when my daughter is a little older.
hi kaybe
what was the food and drink like on the ai and how long is the walk to san an bay and san an town.
regards tracey
Hiya

The food was pretty good really, something for everyone and even a small childrens buffet. The drinks were the basics san miguel, sangria, spirits (no international brands) and soft drinks for children.

The walk into san an bay is about 10-15 minutes and into the town a steady stroll about an hour. We did it a couple of time and its a straight road with shops & bars all the way really.

Hope that helps.

Kay
going here next week staying ai, i know local beer and spirits are free on ai but do they sell any branded drinks such as john smiths, budwieser or guinness.
regards tracey
they sell cans of John Smiths,Strongbow & Guiness(!).about 3.5euros.Large bottle of Magners 5.5 Euros.Try the bull bar on the beach .A little dearer but 2 FOR 1 on most drinks.

Have a great time we did(back a week)
Hi please can anyone help, looking at booking this hotel for next year taking a 14 year old boy and was wondering if their would be much going on for him during the day, its a difficult age as he is now too old for kids club but a bit young to join in with adult activities. I have noticed in the brochure that it states teen activities but trying to find out if their actually is anything before choosing this hotel. If anyone could help this would be great.

Thanks
sharon
loads to do.We went with a 14year sports mad kid.After a couple of days did not see him again.All the normal stuff darts,pool table tennis there was also games in pool family football etc.
Really it is down to the lad,if he wants to join in there is plenty.

Cannot speak highly enough ogf the hotel.It is good family hotel.go with realistic expectations and you will not be disappointed
Thanks for the reply, sounds great not seeing them for 2 weeks(JUST KIDDING) though if he is happy then i am a happy mum glad you had a nice time.
Sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.