Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
VIP benefits were very poor this year, we have been going to seaview on and off for 12 years and previously had things like a bottle of wine and fruit in the room free of charge but no such luck this year.

We went at end of May and the only benefit we were offered was free use of internet in a new VIP lounge next to reception but this never seemed to be open.

The Double Credit thing means that all guests can charge drinks etc to their room card and pay it off when it gets to a certain level, VIP guests can charge twice as much to this card before they have to pay it off. It just saves you having to carry money round the pool etc, beware though as on a previous visit we used this in the evening to pay for our drinks and found a few extra drinks added on which wern't ours! Drinks were very expensive this year.

All that said we still had a fantastic time and the place is still gorgeous.

Enjoy!
We got a few vouchers off the girl in the new VIP Lounge. In the past we've had a welcome kit in the room consisting of a bottle of wine, a bottle of Ibizan Brandy, fruit, a beach ball, pens, a sewing kit etc

A bottle of wine was the only one we used other than the internet for free and a free look at the papers in the VIP lounge.

We also got a discount on the room safe and also a discount on the hire of the remote control for the TV.

We could have had a sauna for free but didn't bother.

The VIP Lounge was open 10AM till 1PM, closed for Siesta and re-opened at 6PM closing at 10PM. It did seem to be closed a lot more than it was supposed to be though and there was only 1 girl who looked after it so i suppose if she was off for any reason it wouldn't open! :think :que
I didn't think the drinks prices were too bad mind.

It was €3.50 for a pint of San Miguel which for a 4* hotel i thought was reasonably okay. Last year in The Algarve our hotel was charging non AI guests €4.50 for San Miguel so i was pleasently surprised.

Hotel supermarket is a bit of a rip off though. We got some cans of San Miguel at the Supermarket attached to the first apartments you reach as you head into the bay, just after the Can Pujol restaurant. They were 70 cents per can. The same cans of San Miguel in the Sirenis supermarket were €1 per can and even with the VIP Card 10% discount were still 90 cents and therefore cheaper elsewhere.
Just reading some of the previous comments on this hotel....

We have a VIP card also (from when we last went to Ibiza 8 years ago!), so interested to hear any more recent views on what is on offer for 'VIP members'.

I was under the impression there were free beach towels available (assume you can change these as and when you want), 10% dscount on shop, safe hire etc, free sauna and free tennis. Was not aware of the VIP Club lounge - sounds impressive (?!!?) What's in the lounge and are children allowed in? They spend loads of money on the interent usually so this could be a big + :)

Any other advice on what the hotel & surrounding area have to offer would be greatly appreciated. We are a family of 4 (kids age 15 and 12) staying half board for 11 nights.

Thank you all :D
The lounge has free tea and coffee, a few settees and tables with free newspapers and also 3 or 4 broad band enabled computers and also a colour printer.

It wasn't open that often though.
Soon be off to the Sirenis Seaview.

Some recent reviews are putting me off a bit - some are very good others seem awful. Has anyone been lately - is this just a blip or have standards dropped?

We are on the VIP club which (I think) means we can request to be housed in a certain room/block?? Can anyone who has been before recommend any - preferably low floor and with a good view of the pool/bay? We are in a 1 bedroom apt, looking at the hotel website most are studios so hoping the apartments aren't in a bad position!

Thanks for your help peeps :wave:
Soon be off to the Sirenis Seaview.

Some recent reviews are putting me off a bit - some are very good others seem awful. Has anyone been lately - is this just a blip or have standards dropped?

We are on the VIP club which (I think) means we can request to be housed in a certain room/block?? Can anyone who has been before recommend any - preferably low floor and with a good view of the pool/bay? We are in a 1 bedroom apt, looking at the hotel website most are studios so hoping the apartments aren't in a bad position!

Thanks for your help peeps

We stayed in a 1 Bed Roomed Apartment in May and they are all on the top floor but that only means 3rd floor.

We were in Sunflower room 2312 and had a good sea and pool view.
The place is still excellent but perhaps not quite as good as previous.
Dont be put off, the place is still excellent. We have been six times now and still love it. All the one bedroomed apartments are on the top floor but they are a really good size, They have two sets of patio doors leading out onto the balcony, one from the lounge and one from the bedroom.

We always stay in petunia block as this overlooks the pool and the outdoor stage and has a sea view. Geranium is also another good block. Almond and sunflower are also facing the pool and hibiscus is set behind sunflower so is a bit quieter.

Enjoy
Went in 2008 and had a great time. Looking to re-book for August 2010 as it was everything we wanted in a holiday. Made myself a VIP member. Does this mean i will be able to request a particular block???
Hi Barnsley Crew,

If you email to hotel directly they will try and give you the block you want. Go onto the Sirenis website to get their email address. They always say they cant guarantee it but they've never let us down. I alway email them and then I email them again two weeks before we are due to arrive to remind them.

They have always been very helpful with us and we have always got the room we want.
samanddawn

Thanks for that. Friends of ours are coming round Wednesday night to discuss options for next year. We have recommended the Seaview to them and want to book this Friday for next August. Have not got away this year due to new car and home improvements. :cry .Will not miss next year and would rather go somewhere I know will be good for us all!!!
You can even request a specific room if you want, not just a block.
We stayed in Petunia block last time which gave us a view over the small beach which was great can't remember the room no. though!!!
Thats it all agreed off to Seaview in August 2010..........Gonna book it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi all,

A1 travel are selling this hotel very reasonably with an All Inclusive option. Has anyone ever been AI here and if so was it any good?

The price is coming out at 2700 for 2 weeks AI 14th July 2010 2 adults, 2 kids which is very good.

Any help would be appreciated - cheers x
Next year is the first year Seaview is offering AI option, previously its only been self catering and half board.

The food is usually very food and beer good but sometimes a little pricey so that price sounds like a bargain for AI.

If I were you I'd snap it up!!!
Thanks - Am I right in thinking though that if we don't book through Thomas Cook the children won't be able to attend the kids clubs? They really enjoy going to them.

Also, is there air conditioning in the rooms? The price quoted is for a studio - will there be enough room for 2 adults & 2 kids?

Thanks xx
hi Fitzmum,

Yes you are right that you need to book through thomas cook to use the kids club as this is a facility provided by Thomas Cook and not the hotel itself.

There is air con in the rooms which is usually very efficient. The picture you see in the brochure is of the studios, there is plenty of room for two adults and two kids. We started taking ours there when they were 1 and 5 and there are two large single beds pushed together for the adults and the kids each have a sofa (in an L shape). When we went earlier this year our kids were 13 and 17 and still room for them!

hope this helps
Lovely, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Aaarrggh I don't know what to do - the children LOVE the kids club and will be upset if they see a kids club there and they can't join in. On the other hand the price is excellent. Its a shame as TC aren't doing the AI option.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.