Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Thanks I will have to phone them. Only the SC option is coming up on both the TC & Direct Hols website - and thats the same price as I'd be paying for AI independently.....I wonder if they would try to price match ;)
I'd heard they were doing AI but hadn't seen it when we've looked for quotes for next year, only seen SC and HB which at £2790 for August looked a bargain.

The air conditioning in our room in may didn't really cool the room down at all even though it was blasting out air.
Can confirtm that direct holidays are doing A/I.have booked myself 1st 2 weeks school holidays in July for 2 Adult and 1 15 year old from Gatwick £2150.Chuffed at price but is hotal any good?
Direct holidays quoting £2758 for 10th July for 14 nights from Cardiff, 2 adults, 2 kids age 9 & 7 All Inclusive. This seems quite a good price for this time of year I think?
that sounds like an amazing deal, I'd snap their hands off for that!!!
i'm going here also in august summer hols 10 nights 2 adults 1 child (13) a/i extra luggage and in-flight meals £1948 booked with thomas cook.
could of been cheaper with out meals.which when i just fly with them. they are not all that good looking.infact not really worth it if you ask me.but thats me.i am tight.i take nice bacon cobs in foil.i only buy a cuppa tea.

in may 2009 only 5 rows on my plane had meals.
I've never taken food in my hand luggage....its obviously allowed then?? I know you are not able to take liquids through but I thought food was banned too!! Don't know why though.....I suppose I'm daft!!
i booked meals though choice. flew whith thomas cook last week and meals both way were nice. i,d rather pay than make my own don,t fancy cold bacon baps.
I agree about the food on the plane, I'd much rather have a nice hot meal half way through my journey than a sandwich I'd made 6 hours earlier!.

I've always found the food really nice on the plane so I think its worth it. But then equally even if I book a self catering holiday I dont cook, we eat out coz I think thats half the fun of the holiday.
Please keep on topic, ie posts regarding the hotel and not the pros and cons of airline meals.

Thanks

luci :wave
I booked HB for next August. Been before in 2007 and really enjoyed it.. Do you think going AI is the way forward for this hotel??
well its saves on nipping to the bar and paying high prices or even going to the cheapest shop to get drinks.i mean you you can drink what ever they are going to charge a day.its worth it.great if you have kids.with the hotel being a little wayout yes its the way forward.most hotels in this chain offer a/i anyway.

you add up how many cups of tea/coffee/water/beer/pop you drink in a day.good thing about it is you have as much as you like.
Been AI twice -(both times to Turkey) and because they were in the middle of nowhere it was worth it. However this place isn't that far away from the action. We like to spend our days on the small beach near the hotel or even take a bus to Cala Bassa.

Just think that AI ties you too much to the hotel and you don't tend to get out and about much that's all.
well i am really againts it.but if like say the tanit hotel.palm beach.cala nova.then i might go a/i.just depends which works out better for you.
I booked for next August too, just been and cant wait to go again. We normally use Direct Holidays however we were shopping and came across the Thomas cook shop and so enquired about the all inclusive option, and they have price matched.
About the kids clubs, as ive said weve always gone with Direct Holidays even this year and there was no problems with the kids using the clubs, saying that they never actually went just signed up. My son is 11 so thought he was too old and daughter is 4 but very clingy and so wouldnt go. Fantastic hotel.
Re the price matching of Thomas Cook and Direct Holidays.

Direct Holidays are actually part of the Thomas Cook Group.
Got a price to upgrade to AI works out around £150 per traveller which is not bad I suppose. However we are sticking to HB to give us a degree of flexibility. the Seaview is not everybody's cup of tea but we certainly enjoyed it in 2007. And I have no qualms about returning............
hi. iam looking to make a booking for next year , it costs extra £££££££ to book a room with a view. please can any one advise if this is worth it ??
2 adults & 2 children but will try to book 1 bed apartmnet not a studio, thanks :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.