Image of Leda Beach hotel

Leda Beach hotel

40 of 52 hotels in Side

3 out of 5 from 1 review
2 stars
Selimiye Mahallesi | Müze caddesi, Side 07330, Turkey

1 Review

Traveller Rating

  • Excellent
    0
  • Very Good
    0
  • Good
    1
  • Average
    0
  • Poor
    0

Review Overview

  • Cleanliness
  • Food
  • Service
  • Location
Beachlizard
12 years 10 months ago
I will try to be as unbiased as possible regarding this hotel, there are good points and bad points. Firstly, we arrived at the Hotel Leda Beach on B&B basis, at 0330 in the morning, reception is open 24 hrs, we were greeted by a very unhappy man whose sleep we had obviously disturbed, he took our details and our passports then tried to sell us Air-Con for our room at 70 euros, we said we would make our minds up later after we had slept, he then wanted 45 TL for a safe, this was a wise move so we settled on having a safe.

Got to our room (219) which was small but adequate for 2 people, everything in the room was spotlessly clean and fresh smelling, so we were quite pleased about that, our room, which we didn't know at the time was in the main thoroughfare through to the seafront and the restaurant as we found out next evening sleep was hit & miss due to the amount of people going backward & forward until 0200 hrs.

Our first morning, we went to the Theatre Restaurant for our breakfast, the restaurant was very clean and there was a huge display of food available, boiled eggs & fried, salads, cold meats several types of cheese, yoghurt olives etc: no qualms there until we actually sat down for our meal then we were harrassed by the staff who were trying to sell us A La Carte meals for the evening, continually pushing and pushing for a sale, we quickly ate our breakfast and went back to our room to try and catch up on some sleep. We did visit the hotel restaurant 5 days into our holiday for an A La Carte meal and it was terrible, we both wasted our food as it was just awful,and expensive, needless to say we never dined at that restaurant again.

The Hotel has a very small even tiny private beach that is crammed with about 30 sunbeds, it was mainly taken by Germans & Scandinavians at 0800 every day so we found another beach about 1/2 mile away which was much better and cleaner, we used this beach for the remainder of our holiday. The hotel has lush green trees and plants in abundance and is kept very clean throughout, my advice is to get a chalet rather than the beach path rooms that we were in, chalets are much nicer and more quieter.

The Leda Beach caters mainly for German & Scandinavian tourists, British are only 10% the rest 90% this was not a problem for me as I speak fairly good German, but I can forsee there may be a problem for some British as everything is written more or less in German or Scandinavian and the staff also speak very good German but just broken English. There is hardly any entertainment at this hotel and the Turkish night is pretty bland at a cost of 15 euros, there are no facilities for children except the swimming pool, but no games to entertain kiddies, the majority of guests were middle aged and elderly, only about 10% were below 40 years old.

This hotel is completely unsuitable for disabled people, very steep steps everywhere, and a total no go area for wheelchairs, just impossible to negotiate the steps. The plus side of the Leda Beach direct access to the beach and the seafront, situated amongst spectacular Roman and Greek ruins which literally took my breath away when I saw them on our first morning, Side is a history buffs dream with almost perfectly preserved ruins and I strongly recommend anyone visiting Turkey to at least spend a day in Side at the old town.

One last thing which really was so upsetting for us, was that we had to be out of room by Friday at 1100 hrs, even though we weren't flying till Saturday at 0200 hrs, the hotel staff just didn't care or were totally unhelpful, we had to go next door to the Hotel Neptune and pay 45 euros to get a shower and somewhere to keep our luggage, as the Leda Beach has nowhere to store luggage, I would certainly go back to Side, but unfortunately not the Leda Beach Hotel, their staff lets the hotel down badly.
Cleanliness:
Food:
Service:
Location:

Travel operator: Independent

Ask a Question

Got a question? Ask our community of over 1.5 million users.

Post your question

Book Your Stay

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.