Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
tabacos in alcudia
173 Posts
We go tomorrow (23rd) staying at Cuidad Blanca) so see you there.

Norman and Diane :glynis :glynis :glynis :sun
Thanks cart583.My wife and I shall be staying at a friends place up by water park.Have been before but havnt had the need to buy in Alcudia, always bought at airport going home.
Does anyone know how many cigarettes you are "legally" allowed to bring back from hols??
I believe it is 3200 (16 cartons) per adult duty paid. You would have to weigh up the savings against charges for your luggage being overweight if you were to take back the maximum allowed.
Thanks! That's what my husband said but I didn't believe him!!
hi,

last year i fetched 6000 cigs back - was stopped by customs :oops: but they said it was ok, they stated that if i had a few different brands of cigs then it would have been a different story...luckily i only had L & B :D

best wishes

alison
There's no way I'd even chance it, I can just imagine the embarrassment!!
Hi Angela
You are allowed 3200 per person at the legal age to smoke.
We bring back 7000 each year (all for the wife) but dont tell the customs.
Never no bother at Belfast Airport if your coming from a EU country. If you or your hubby smoke go for it, my wife smokes around 20 a day for under £500 a year

Robert.
Well, I don't smoke but my husband does, however he'll make me fill my case up with them - I said mine will be filled with perfume and bags and shoes and...... ah the list is endless! :lol:
Sorry for sounding ignorant but can anyone advise me where to purchase cigarettes abroad (Palma) and how much they are likely to cost. We are non smokers and mother has asked me to get some for her.This is our first time abroad so i have not got a clue :oops:

Maureen :oops: :oops:
ok Don't get them at the airprt in Palma as they will be dearer. You should easily find a 'Tobac' shop in Majorca, they are usually the cheapest!
Moved from General Chat

luci :wave
how much tobacco can you bring home (golden virginia) thanks
Duty Paid Guidance
(Per person)

3200 cigarettes
•400 cigarillos
•200 cigars
•3 kg of smoking tobacco
•110 litres of beer
•10 litres of spirits
•90 litres of wine
•20 litres of fortified wine (such as port or sherry)

BUT, the law states that "duty paid" goods brought into the U.K. must be for personal use only and H.M. Customs and Excise have set some guidelines. While it is not an offence to exceed these figures, a person would have to be able to convince the Authorities that the goods were intended for personal use only. If you cannot do this, you may have your goods seized ... or worse!

in other words there`s no limit they are only guidelines

if you think about it ..3kg is what 60 packs ?
you smoke 2 packs a week so you easily say 100 packs is a years supply ..until you next holiday :wink:
Anyone know the price of superkings?sioux :roll: thanks
26/28 Euro depends where you go

Dorchester superkings only 15 though ,thats what 10 quid for 200 ..cheap as chips as they say :lol:
:D Hi there in Palma Airport there is a tabaco shop what sells the ciggaretes for 28 euros it right at the end past the duty free shop but its the same price as you pay in resort. :D
hi all

anybody know what the cost and avalability of menthol fags.
Hi can anybody advise me as to what I can expect to pay for Cigarettes in Palma Nova? we usually buy fortuna, is this the cheapest brand?

Many Thanks

Jean

:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.