Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya, can anyone tell me where the ATMs are in olu deniz, thanks.
The one I used is one in the middle of the main street on the corner, near the phone box and market stalls selling jewellrey ( you can't miss it) I think there are more, but that was more convenient.
p.s have a lovely time, when you do go, I am so jealous!
Thanks for you quick reply. We go week on monday, kidless for a week as they are off to lanzarote with their nan and grandad. My parents have been to olu deniz for the last 4 years, so we thought we would experience turkey for once. cant wait!
Going to Asena Beach oct 4th, and have read on 2 other forums that money have gone missing from the in-room safes, and was wondering about a travel money card, and what the charges are for using them in an ATM, would they be the same as a debit card?
Sorry for posting a currency query outwith this topic in the links above but I couldn't find a reply which answered my query. Given that the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment, is it worthwhile buying turkish lira to take advantage of this, and if so what is the limit of currency you are permitted to take into Turkey. Are there better ways of doing this?

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
raymondj40,

I've not seen the exchange rates, but if you feel it's a good rate at the moment, then I'd certainly get money changed while it's good. There are no limits on the import or export of local currancy. Details here.

Darren
sterling at the moment
hope stays like this
2.49 is good its 2.41 at the post office at the moment loads better then your travel agents we go on tues will change in turkey
that 2.51 is the bank rate though - the post office are offering 2.4112 today
Is there a pattern to exchange rates, for example is it usually better or worse in the holiday seasons (September time)
SunSeeker2011,

Exchange rates fluctuate based on loads of financial factors rather than the holiday season. Rates are good at the moment.

Darren
Closing at 2.55 Lira to the £ today. Not bad at all, surpasses the rate when I was there in June 2009. In June 2010 we had around 2.30 to the £, so if it creeps up further, its definitely a good time to buy.

Wonder why the Lira has shot up so much compared to other countries.
I currently have £200 in savings so will look to exchange this for some Lira tomorrow. Hope to have around 2000 Lira by September when we go away.

Shame I haven't got more at the moment but you never know, it could go up more, fingers crossed lol
be brill if it went back up to 2.95 like we had 6 years ago lol!!!
Hi everyone :wave: Could anyone tell me what the average cost of a beer,pop or Snacks in bodrum is please. We have never been to Turkey before so i am trying to get to grips with what spends to take.We are AI but we will want to go out and about sometimes. We are a family of 4. 2Adults & 2 children aged 14 & 12. Thanks :tup
Think i might have put this post in the wrong place :duh Mods please feel free to move it but can you let me know where it goes please as i will be red eyed looking :rofl Thanks :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.