Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Those about to buy, hold fire. Ended the day at close to 2.57 Lira at Bank Rates. I'm sure this could rise in the next few days, even a small fall won't impact too much on tourist rates, but I'm sure if 2.60 is breached, tourist rates will be 2.50 at least.
hi guys noticed the lire was 2.45 today at the post office hope it keeps going up...

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
This time last year it was around the 2.30 mark. Out there at the moment it is 2.54. It is nice to dream nubber but I wouldn't hold my breath !! :rofl :rofl

Les
I actually decided to buy £200 worth from M&S today. It was 2.43, The other day it went up to 2.49.

We are not going out there until June but it was not so good last year, Will keep an eye on it and if it still goes up will get some more,
It does seem to still be climbing steadily, I bought 400 Lira at Tesco at a rate of 2.4 on Tuesday.
Maybe we'll get to 3 again like in 2006 (fingers crossed) ;) :D
i was there when it went to almost 3.00 lire in june 2006 that would be nice in fact it would be fantastic..keep rising
Well like I said, it's still rising steadily, almost 2.6 now. If it gets anywhere near 3 I may have to bite the bullet and spend £600 on my credit card lol. Too good an opportunity to miss. :)
Ive just got back from Baia lara in lara beach our hotel exchange rate was 2.38 lira went up to 2.41 on our last day and euro was 2.13 best ive ever seen for euro. My in laws got there lira at home something i never do as rate is always better in turkey they got 2.23 in thomas cook.
Rates on M n s today were 2.436. Has anybody found any better than that? Am just thinking of getting a few hundred as lat summer it was terrible. I wonder what it is there now???
That's a pretty good rate Ruth. I would get some now as it seems fairly stable now and could drop at any time. I bought 400 Lira at 2.4 from Tesco and will be getting another 600 at next pay day.
it's actually gone down slightly! the post office were offering 2.4842 a couple of weeks ago!!
Have a look here ruth . I always use this .

Working out on £500, ice offering the best rate of 2.46 for delivery or post office and M&S for collection of around 2.44

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/
The Lira has just breached the 2.6 mark (Most are offering 2.5+). let's hope it keeps rising :D :sun2
ordered 2025 lire from bupa on thursday night at a cost of £801.03 at the rate of 2.528 received saturday felt it was too good to pass by....
Highest I've seen it since watching the Lira since first visiting in 2007. Can it climb higher? Despite the price rises in Turkey this year, if the currency rises still then it'll offset some of that increase and make it more reasonable.
Ruth, it was ice I think where I saw the good rate, it's still climbing steadily though so I will hold on a little longer, this is the link (same as lynwestie posted)

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/
I saw that, but was just wondering about the charges on my credit card for delivery, as if I am right there is a charge on the cc and for delivery... Is this right?

I think at moment Natwest were coming out at 2.514

Ruth
Hold off, its touching 2.65 at bank rates. Very impressive. I'm sure you won't loose out by waiting a bit longer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.