Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Suprisingly the last reporter on Tripadvisor rated Palm Wings 4 out of 5 even though they got Salmonella!!! So it must be good. I got it once on the last day of a holiday in Ibiza and my brother-in-law got it at home on the Wirral so you can get it anywhere.

I wondered if the Turkish equivalent of the Health Department looks into cases and checks kitchens in hotels. Travel agents are usually keep quiet because they don't want people to cancel bookings.

So, let's look forward, keep to the "no egg rule," and see you there lollydan :)
keep to the "no egg rule,"

Just a thought!

Is it the eggs,
is it the kitchens
or is it
other guests who are not as hygenic in their hand washing habits,
have handled the food such as bread and then put it back and therfore creating cross infection?

like i said

Just a thought!

GM06
Ian
Oh dear - another report on Tripadvisor re Salmonella. Their daughter was hospitalised, needing a drip. Let's hope the source of the outbreak is located and sorted before we get there. Sympathies to anyone whose been poorly while there. :(
Where have all the bad reports on Tripadvisor gone, one minute there are 3 reports about sickness?
Now they have gone.

Any ideas :que
They were there before.

we went at the start of june, and my tummy was off for a few days, on the 2nd week
the place is spotless, and food better than out of the resort (apart from good old english breakfast)

i reckon its more to do with the way that germs naturally spread than anything else.
lets face it if you have kids they attract dirt and germs at home so why would they be any different on holiday.

if everone had it washed their hands drank from the same glass and used the same towels, it would be gone in a few days,

a hotel is not going to consistantly turn out the same dangerous food month after month are they?

ps you only have to see the chefs at meal times, they come out and see excitely what people are eating, you wouldnt do that if you were posoning someone would you
lollydan - Salmonella posts are further down in order now because 2 great reviews (more recent) have superceded them. I'm not so worried now.

J4ckos Mate - you are right. I'm sure that the hotel management are appalled at the outbreak - whatever is causing it - and are trying very hard to sort it. It's probably the safest place to go now. LOL.

20 more sleeps. Yeahhhhhhhhh. Bring it on. :D
My husband and I are going to Palm Wings 7th September for two weeks - not sure if we'll be staying in hotel or bungalow. Has anyone stayed in main hotel, as searched everywhere and can't find any details!
We are just back from our stay at the Palm Wings. I thought we were staying in the bungalows but turned out we were in the hotel which when we checked in I was a bit disappointed about however it turned out to be much better! We were in one of the suites (on the corner of the building) which had 2 big bedrooms in it, there were other families who arrived at the same time as us and they had a bungalow which only had one bedroom for the family of four. The hotel is the furthest away from the pool and restaurant and beach but generally speaking means that it's quieter although we did have noise a couple of nights and there was a problem with the fire alarm for the first few days and it kept going off in the middle of the night but that problem was sorted! You'll have a great holiday - it's a lovely hotel.
Hi Ailmor

Thanks for that, we were worrying a bit as couldn't find anything about hotel rooms anyway.
does anyone know if they have added a chill out second swimming pool, im sure i read on an online holdiay website that there was a new pool put in for 2010 can anyone confirm this?
j4ckos mate wrote:
does anyone know if they have added a chill out second swimming pool, im sure i read on an online holdiay website that there was a new pool put in for 2010 can anyone confirm this?

Yes, they've added a "Relax Pool" by the hotel. No under 12's allowed.
Could anyone tell me if there are any bars or restaurants outside the hotel itself ? I will be away with my partner and 7 year old daughter so dont want to walk too far on a night ! Thanks
Hi folks, I have friends going to this hotel in october, is there any feedback on hotel and resorts round about, like good eating places etc. that I can pass on to them.thanks once again.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Yeh there are some bars and restaurants (or there certainly were when we were there a couple of years ago). There is a short walk from the hotel to the main road and then you're into shops, bars and restaurants, not too far for a 7 year old to walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.