Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have booked through On the Beach for 1 week all inclusive from 27/10 to 3/11.( October half term) I am a bit worried when reading that the hotel is closing in October and have tried to contact On the Beach to clarify if the booking is still valid.

Does anyone have any information if the hotel will be open or clsed at this time?

thanks
Has anyone rebooked for this year, i will, just leaving it a little longer yet.

On a few websites it lists it as opening in june 09, Why is that?,
and have any alterations been made since last year?
There ae some cracking deals on this at the moment on teletext we got 2 weeks for £384 each
we stayed here last year so i know its ok
me and the wife have booked to go in september, reviews all look awesome.
We went last year for one week,

booked this year for two,

we liked the look of belek, but its seems a little isolate compared to altinkum.
WELL.. ive just booked for mid may 2009 ... for me & partner 3 older kids.. £1400 all in..(sunwings) seems to good to be true,anyways,i will be on the alert & will let you gys know soon as i get back of all the info up to date..it better be up to the mark,as my partner wont stand for any russians butting in...sue ps..i did wonder to as it seemed so cheap,i rang them today to comfirm all was ok,even she couldnt believe the price,but then found out they were doing a specail deal for a couple of weeks in may,im well happy,have saved loads!
  • Edited by suzie 2009-04-06 18:14:40
Honestly its great,
ive stayed in anything from 1 to 5 stars,
im not saying its the burj al arab, but divide 1400 by 5 and you will wonder how they make money.

we went for 1 week last year now we are going for 2 so you can make your own mind up
Has this re-opened yet?
im keen yo know if there are any changes.
We are a family of four. We have just booked with Sun Wings direct staying 2 weeks from
august 2nd paid £2976 for two twin rooms children being 15 and 13 classed as adults.
It all looks lovely and we are excited about going. This is our third time to Turkey but never been this side before.
Getting back to the price if you price this on First Choice it comes up at £5400 if you can believe that flying the next day from Gatwick. I had it all checked out by an Independent travel agent and she couldn't touch the price from Sun wings. Have sent for their holiday brochere so will give it a good look over. Lots of info on trip advisor about the hotel. Gets good reviews.
i have just booked 2 weeks with sunwings july26 to aug 9 £1426 2 adults i think i got a bargain reading most of the reviews i am looking forward to great holiday
we have not long come back from palm wings and had a lovely time,was about 33degrees which was hot enough for me,pool was very nice but still found it very slippery around it,so be careful!!complex all looked very clean and the staff were friendly, loved the food in main restaurant & snack bar, i like to have a bash at anything... eveing entertainment i'de say 5 outer 10 wernt much cop,would recommend on a thurs nite to go to big ben restaurant,we had to book it(its along sea front)we had a fab meal and entertainment was good,was a fun enjoyable eve,they also pick you up and drop you off!!what would should take you 20 mins to walk down to town,prob will take an hour after been stopped by all the touting for customers,we came back with a bag full of menu's,they work on commission and earn very little,so can understand why,but still,be prepared for a bit of hassle walking down...the guys had a turkish shave,which they really enjoyed,i had the manicure whilst waiting,would recommend that to..when you get to palm wings after the 90 mins transfer,we in the end found our own way to room,1 bel boy for whole coach!!was a bit dissapointed at that,we were all so tired and erritable,just wanted to put me head down..found fags cheaper to buy on plane £29 for 400 B&H and £35 for 400 superkings,limit is 200 each adult,i did take a little over ;-) exchange rate was much better out there to than what we got here,is a chance you take..oh and lacoste polo shirts,all colours, 4 for £10,although they are snides,they are really nice,got loads,sizes do come up smaller..we enjoyed the boat trip to market,i guess what made it was seeing the wild dolphins along the way,that was fantastic...i hope this will be of use to anyone going there,am sure you will all have a lovely time at palm wings.. Sue
  • Edited by suzie 2009-06-16 21:43:17
could you please tell me did u stay in the hotel or the bunglows and also did you use the la carte resturants and did you have to pay extra thankyou
we stayed in a semi detatched kinda villa looking bungalow,which pritty much they all were..with 1 room with double bed,and the lounge had 2 settee's which folded down into 2 wide single beds,the girls thought they were comfortable,as we had 3 older kids,my son had to sleep in a put you up bed which was'nt so comfortable,i did actually think when i booked that we would have 2 bedrooms 1 having 3 singles and a living area,but it was'nt!!we managed ok though.. sorry no,we didnt see or use the alacarte,there was an indoor pool somewhere to,didnt see that either,weird to say,we didnt walk all around the complex..
We fly on the 4th June from Doncaster paid £1335 for two of us all/inc, booked it end of May.
It looks ok in the pics, and from reviews i have read here and on other sites it seem ok.

At these prices we dont expect fillet steak and strawberrys any meal and certainly not bacon as its a muslim country.

GM06
Ian
hope you have a great time hope you will post a review when you get back has we are going end of july cheers
There have been a couple of new entries on Trip advisor which are a great help with lots of infomation. According to one person you do get bacon and eggs at late breakfast with no complaints at all about the food. Also they sound like they stayed in the hotel, sounds nice. Can anyone tell me about the tickets you get for Sun wings, do you just collect these at the booking in desk at the airport when you arrive?
Hi, we went to Kusadasi (Hotel Fantasia) last year with Sunwings - you don't get a ticket you just take your invoice to the airport, a bit scary I know, I felt very nervous about it but it was absolutely fine!
Can anyone tell me if you get pool/beach towels provided at the Palm Wings - last year we stayed at the Fantasia in Kusadasi with Sunwings and clean towels were provided every day! I don't want to go taking towels if I don't need to!

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.